Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zurich Help Needed!

hi guys,
    Andy and Gerardo should be able to help me out here, i am headed to ZRH for some spotting in late march, i will be arriving from NRT, just interested to know of accomodation that is cheap and near to the airport!

whats the spotting like in late march early april? looks like nice weather for spotting?

any help would be appreciated!

next trips
    USA/DXB August.

First of all: welcome to ZRH

I have some infos about ZRH spotting on my website: http://zrh.airlinerpictures.net

Weather in March/April is excellent: you will have plenty of chances of rainspotting, rainphotography, rain-whatever . Seriously: April can be quite rainy, but overall, it's not bad.

Cheap accomodations.... hmmmm...can't help much. There are some cheaper hotels around ZRH. Try ZRH's official website: http://www.uniqueairport.com.

Of course, downtown Zurich you will find those cheaper hotels like Ibis. For hardcore spotters, the best hotel will probably be the Park Inn, formerly known as Golden Arch, the first McDonald's Hotel in Europe (or one of the first). Not very cheap, but a 10 minutes walk away from the heliport

Drop us a note, when you come.

Cheers
    Gerardo
    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

hi Gerardo,
      thanks for that, i got a room at the welcome inn Zurich Airport with bed and breakfast plan and all taxes.

only in town from 31march-4april
      then to Frankfurt and then back to ZRH, arriving at ZRH on LX from NRT.

it's confirmed and ticketed. look forward to seeing the midfield terminal and some of the great ZRH spots!

i'll make another thread or email you just before i leave

thanks

next trips
      USA/DXB August.

Comment

I am going ZRH in Feb.

Comment

Working...
        X