Frankfurt photo ops?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frankfurt photo ops?

Hey guys, im off to Frankfurt with a good friend of mine on the 2nd of Feb and was wondering what photo opertunity's lie in store for us? We fly into Hahn (ryanair - dont ask) and were planning on sticking around seeing if any Aeroflot DC's would show up otherwise were off to FRA. Adn when at FRA is there any other places that warrent a visit for photos apart from the excellent viewing decks?
    Any help greatley appreciated

Dan,

Don't miss the 25L spot, located right between Rhein-Main AB & autobahn A5. You have a beautiful overview over the airport & the air base, you can take photos of a/c lining up at 25R or touching down on 25L & for all those approach sideshot lovers this spot is nice as well. (You need less than 160mm equivalent for the approaching widebodies.) This is of course only valid when the wind comes from the West (as it mostly does). I've never been there when 07L/07R were in use but with a long lens you should be able to take some nice takeoff 3/4 shots.

You can reach this spot either by foot (Takes about half an hour. Take the Skytrain to terminal 2, then walk out of the terminal all the way to the northeasternmost corner of the airport, then turn right parallel to the 8-lane freeway.) Or, even better, go by bus. If I remember correctly it stops right the gate to the air base—you have to walk a few hundred meters northbound from there.

Thomas

Comment

Working...
    X