Queue slowing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Queue slowing...

Are all screeners on vaction or somehing?

The queue seems to be quite slow, and 800+ photos more than a.net.
    Maybe time for someone to do a looong screening session?
    http://ovp.fi

Probably out having a life.

Comment

Originally posted by GrantT
      I use to have one of those

Thomas
      Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Originally posted by GrantT
        Life, what life?
        http://ovp.fi

Comment

The last person that did a long screening session ended up getting complaints regarding what was rejected

Matt
          My gallery of transport and travel pictures.

Click Here to view my photos at RailPictures.Net!

Comment

Makes you want to screen some more doesn't it Matt...

-Clovis

Comment

Originally posted by egll
              The last person that did a long screening session ended up getting complaints regarding what was rejected
              Tell the whiners to shove it. The screeners are mortals too.

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86
                Makes you want to screen some more doesn't it Matt...

-Clovis
                Hey, you guys wanted the power and glory of being screeners. Deal with it!

Thomas
                Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

It appears to me that on all sites like this where a lot of photos must be screened there is something of a screener burnout period after about 6 months. New screeners come online and they do a great job for a while of keeping up with the demand but after half a year or so begin to slow down considerably. This could be due to a lot of factors. For one I suppose you can only look at so many thousand photos before they begin to all look alike. For another life in general may simply catch up to screeners who have put things off in their personal life in order to make time for long screening sessions. Sooner or later a screener would have to take time to deal with anything in his or her personal life that had been put off. Finally it might just become boring after a long enough time screening and the screener might simply wish to do anything else for a while. There could be other reasons as well but these seem the most likely in my opinion. Screeners should feel free to chime in about that.

The solution to this problem as I see it would be to have enough screeners that each screener would be on for a month then off for a month alternating with another screener. It would take several alternating pairs like that to keep up with the incoming flow of photos, but in that way every screener would be able to pursue other interests, take vacations, or simply relax for a while. They would be able to plan ahead as it would be an obvious schedule and could be assured of being able to leave home at times without feeling as though they have let the site down in some way. This would also leave a pool of off duty screeners at any time if one on duty screener should have a personal emergency or illness that would preclude screening duties for a time.

I know there are a number of members who have expressed the desire to screen so it should be possible for the staff here to choose enough interested parties who are qualified for screening duties to set up a rotation like that.

To all the present screeners and staff, please don't think this is aimed at anyone here in particular, I have seen the same sort of situation on several other sites and it just seems that this kind of screener burnout is a by-product of trying to mix screening duties with life in general.

Comment

Freightdogg,

Correct observations. That can happen. Also, add in personal changes to many screeners' lives, and then you get upload buildup!

I think the only solution is to add more screeners to take the increased load. You can't plan your life around screening, month on month off won;t work!

We are currently dicussing amongst the crew about adding new screeners, so you may see a "request for screeners" thread appearing shortly.

Meanwhile back to the queue

Comment

Originally posted by andyhunt
                      Meanwhile back to the queue
                      That you or Chris screening like a bat out of hell?

Comment

It's Chris at the moment, with me backing him up. Woke at at 0420 today and screened for a couple of hours!

Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by andyhunt
                          Woke at at 0420 today and screened for a couple of hours!
                          Wow...that really shows messed up my sleep schedule is

Comment

Take a break Andy-I'll take over for a while

Matt
                            My gallery of transport and travel pictures.

Click Here to view my photos at RailPictures.Net!

Comment

Cheers Matt

Anyway, I WOULDN'T even try to keep up with your pace!

Andrew

Comment

Working...
                              X