Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frankfurt Advice

Hi Guys,

I am planning a day trip to Frankfurt for next month and was hoping you FRA experts could give me some advice. Does the Visitors Terrace provide good photo opportunities and is it easily accessible. Also what's the weather in Frankfurt like in the middle of March.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Graham
    Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

frankfurt visitors terrace is good for PM shots only, easy to get to just go in terminal 1 and you will see the signs, go up the escelators near the star alliance checkin area, entry is 3euro

i am in frankfurt from apr 4-7 if you want to go then its a very good time to spot!

i will be going to some of the spots close to runways etc

let me know if you want to join.

next trips
    USA/DXB August.

Comment

Weather in FRA in march ? mmmh, could be anything from bright blue winter sky to fog. I live close to FRA and I'm still waiting for some more sunny winter days.

The visitor terrace is really good for spotting but I would not recommend it for photos.
      There is also a McDonalds in Terminal 2 where you can sit inside when it's raining or too could outside. You have a pretty good view on the 25 approach & departure.

If you want to take photos:
      25 Approach: if you do not have a car you can walk from terminal 2 along the airport fence. It takes you about 20-30min. Lenses about 100-300mm
      07 Approach: nearly impossible to walk as it takes more than one hour, car is recommended, lenses about 100-300mm
      Runway 18 ("Runway West"): same as 07 Approach, very good for photos in the afternoon. Lenses about 80-200mm

Cheers Ralf
      Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Working...
      X