Help with picture quality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with picture quality

Camera: Fuji FinePix A205 2MP with 3x optical zoom. Airport: Cherry Capitol Airport, not much traffic here and not many places to get closeer than this with only 3x zoom. I only have microsoft picture editor to edit my pics. Is ther much I can do to get better quality pics than this? Will sharpening or adjusting the lighting with the editor increase the chance of my pics getting accepted or rejected due to editing? Here is a sample of what I have taken.

Thank you

oops. I tried to upload the picture and i don't know where it went. I am trying to find it and edit this post.

Got it, finally

Comment

Sorry but that looks beyond recovery.

Comment

Is that the original?
        Will F.
        Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

For starters, try getting the aircraft centered in the frame. Also, number one rule for photography is always shoot with the sun at your back. I also suggest investing in a version of Adobe Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro, as those will give the best results as far as editing goes.

But as far as that shot goes, just put it away in your personal collection as it really isn't salvagable.

Comment

Thanks. I am definately looking into one of those editing programs. As for the sun at your back, makes sense ( am new to photography) unfortunately that leaves virtually no spots to photograph from at this airport. As for the original, this was resized to meet the standards for submitting and then cropped to eliminate the fence I was shooting over. The plane was offcenter because I was attempting to get a decent shot with the new terminal being built in the background. I'm still learning this stuff. Again, thanks

Comment

Wait for a different time of day.
              The sun is moving.

Upload the original here (in the forums) or send it to me via e-mail ([email protected]).

I'll see if I can help. I'm not that good with PSP but I'd like to try it.
              Will F.

Comment

just crop it, and wait until the sun is behind you so you dont get backlight
                My New Photo Name on JP.net is DutchAviation!!!!

why should we fight about wich aircraft manufactor is better..............

thats so childish....

because hey we all know boeing is better

Comment

Well, you can clearly say I failed. But I tried...

Will F.

Comment

My fun with this pic:

Clearly... we are trying to make pigs fly here...

Adan

Comment

If the sun isn't perfect make use of exposure compensation

Comment

Working...
                      X