Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help for this picture.

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject.php?id=211853
    Rejected twice for overexposed. After the first time I darkend it a bit but it was still rejected. Can sombody make somthing of this picture?

RgdS,
    ErwinS
    “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

I'd be interested in hearing the reply you get for my own benefit.

But if I may suggest I find it a bit too busy, I kept being distracted looking at the background. Don't take it the wrong way, as I'm far from an expert, it's just an observers take on it.

Question to the pros: Would a larger apeture have helped here to blur out the background??

Cheers
    Paul

Comment

I am no screener or pro but here is what I think:

Overall the picture is not overexposed but the fuselage is too bright and there is a lack of detail. I guess you captured it at a bad angle with lots of sun reflections on the aircraft. You probably can not do anything to make it look better.

"Would a larger apeture have helped here to blur out the background?? "

The apeture number has to be small to blur the background. Something like 4.0 - 2.8.
      For motion blur (object has to be in motion) you need slow shutter speeds like 1/60. Depends on how fast the aircraft is.
      greetings,
      Philip

Comment

When I said large appature, I was refering to the actual appature size as opposed to a large F number.

What is the general term used? When people refer to appature size, is it generally discussed in terms of of the appature size or should you refer to the number size?

And I suppose my reference to blur in this instance is not correct? more a case of trying to "create" an out of focus to isolate the plane from the background?

Cheers
        Paul

P.S sorry for going Off topic ErwinS, too many questions!

Comment

Paul, I always refer to the number to avoid a misunderstanding.
          So a small number (liker 2.8.) blurs the background, while a large number (like 16) makes everything sharp.
          greetings,
          Philip

Comment

looks ok to me, except its more soft than overexposed...
            you might want to reduce the levels a tad...

Comment

Originally posted by philip
              Paul, I always refer to the number to avoid a misunderstanding.
              So a small number (liker 2.8.) blurs the background, while a large number (like 16) makes everything sharp.

Thanks philip, numbers it is then

Cheers
              Paul

Comment

Note how the top of the windows are white with the amount of light let into the sensor/film.

Might just have to a be a shot for you personal collection.

Comment

Greg is right, the shot isn't so much overexposed as that you took the shot at a moment when the sun reflecting off the upper windows washed out all the detail of the window frames themselves.

I tried to improve that area a bit and came up with a slight improvement, but probably not enough to get the shot accepted. It should give you some idea though.

Comment

freightdogg's modification looks pretty good to me!

Comment

Every one, thanx for your reply's .

Freightdogg, you did a great job at my picture. Maybe I will upload it agian.

Rgds,
                      ErwinS
                      “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

Still too bright IMO, it is simly a case of bad timing (which happens to all of us from time to time), you shot the aircraft just as the sun was reflecting at the worst possible angle for you.

Matt
                        My gallery of transport and travel pictures.

Click Here to view my photos at RailPictures.Net!

Comment

Working...
                        X