Night photo rejected, Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night photo rejected, Why?

This night photo got rejected any suggestions or help?
    I use photoshop 7, Neat Image, Helicon Noise Filter. BTW the noise filters work very well.

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject.php?id=212974

[bClick Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!][/b]
    Yanni

Fly Olympic Airlines!

Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

To me that does not qualify as a nightshot.

Comment

Indeed it is not a night shot. But it does fall into that category because dusk/dawn shots are included.

Its a bit grainy but on my monitor not too dark. The ground is dark but the plane looks good to me and thats important. I like it and I would have accepted it despite the grain.
      greetings,
      Philip

Comment

Night photo rejected Why?

Originally posted by philip
        Indeed it is not a night shot. But it does fall into that category because dusk/dawn shots are included.

Its a bit grainy but on my monitor not too dark. The ground is dark but the plane looks good to me and thats important. I like it and I would have accepted it despite the grain.
        [b]It's under "night" catagory. The screener says it's too dark, well it's going to be dark when the sun sets.
        I tried to appeal it, the screeners find more things wrong with it.
        What can I do with this pic?
        If I remove more grain, then it will "soften" unsharp the pic.
        If I lighten it, it won't be night/dusk/dawn. Would it?

John

Yanni

Fly Olympic Airlines!

Comment

[quote="philip"]Indeed it is not a night shot. But it does fall into that category because dusk/dawn shots are included.

A night shot would be dark, correct?
          Should have a seperate button for dusk/dawn.

John
          Yanni

Fly Olympic Airlines!

Comment

[b]It's under "night" catagory. The screener says it's too dark, well it's going to be dark when the sun sets.

John
            Yanni

Fly Olympic Airlines!

Comment

John
              Yanni

Fly Olympic Airlines!

Comment

It indeed extremely grainy. I don't know if it's just that mound in the background but that looks EXTREMELY unlevel.

Comment

Scott I dont think it is unlevel, looks like the hill in the back has a slope.
                  Also if you would rotate the photo to the right, the approch angle of the aircraft would be kinda high...

by the way John, did you compress the picture? Looks like jpg compression is there too.
                  greetings,
                  Philip

Comment

Re: Night photo rejected, Why?

Originally posted by JonyJay2
                    This night photo got rejected any suggestions or help?
                    I use photoshop 7, Neat Image, Helicon Noise Filter. BTW the noise filters work very well.

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject.php?id=212974

You should probably consider any shot that needs both Neat Image and Helicon to be too low quality for uploading and simply consign it to your personal collection. This shot is rather dark on the ground and the tail, and also shows a lot of jpeg artifacts that are typical after using Neat Image. The tail was cut off very slightly as well, or badly cropped. On the other hand you chose gorgeous evening lighting and got a good shot angle. Keep trying with that type shot and I'm sure you will get some great shots. You should consider trying some different camera settings to see what works best under those lighting conditions with your camera. Don't give up, keep practicing.

Comment

Night photo rejected, Why?

Originally posted by SWA733Captain
                      It indeed extremely grainy. I don't know if it's just that mound in the background but that looks EXTREMELY unlevel.
                      The backgroung is not unlevel, the runway has a "uphill" slope.

Yanni

Fly Olympic Airlines!

Comment

by the way John, did you compress the picture? Looks like jpg compression is there too.[/quote]

I shot the pic at highest pixtel seting on camera (Fujifilm S7000 6.3mp)
                        and resize the pic to 1024 for upload.

John

Yanni

Fly Olympic Airlines!

Comment

Re: Night photo rejected, Why?

You should probably consider any shot that needs both Neat Image and Helicon to be too low quality for uploading and simply consign it to your personal collection. This shot is rather dark on the ground and the tail, and also shows a lot of jpeg artifacts that are typical after using Neat Image. The tail was cut off very slightly as well, or badly cropped. On the other hand you chose gorgeous evening lighting and got a good shot angle. Keep trying with that type shot and I'm sure you will get some great shots. You should consider trying some different camera settings to see what works best under those lighting conditions with your camera. Don't give up, keep practicing.[/quote]

I used only one of those filters for the upload. I tried both and I picked the best one. (I forgot wich one looked better).
                          I agree the pic is dark, but what do you expect, it was shot in the evening with the sun almost completly down. Just like in the movies or any other picture, if it was shot in low light conditions it is going to be dark.
                          As far as camera settings I try to use the fastest shutter speed. I'm still learning to use the full manual camera setting. This camers I'm using is (FujiFilm S7000) new I had it about a month, so I'm still learning. I did not crop that much of the picture, the elevator may have the tip missing.
                          I still think the pic shuld be accepted even for the grain, there is a lot of photos in the data base with grain.

Thanks for your help
                          Yanni

Fly Olympic Airlines!

Comment

Originally posted by JonyJay2
                            by the way John, did you compress the picture? Looks like jpg compression is there too.

I shot the pic at highest pixtel seting on camera (Fujifilm S7000 6.3mp)
                            and resize the pic to 1024 for upload.

John

Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net![/quote]

what I meant was: did you shrink down the file size when you saved it?
                            greetings,
                            Philip

Comment

I just don't remember any of Greg's photos from BWI and that spot looking that awkward. Oh well...

Comment

Working...
                              X