Help for a picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help for a picture

I took a picture at Narita that I really like because I got the framing just right. Any time I get the framing right on an airplane that is moving I'm pretty happy because of the lag in my camera and the fact that the EVF goes blank after you press the release. Unfortunately the picture is quite grainy if you look at it at 100% which makes me think that my camera didn't get the autofocus/metering right (very few manual settings on my camera ). Can any of you try to save it. Even if it isn't good enough to upload, just so I can have a better copy in my personal collection. I've worked around a little bit with it, but did not do very well. All I have done to the shot so far is a bit of leveling. I have a link to it in my photo.net account because it is too big to upload to jp.net and I figured you would want to work with the full sized pic. Thanks. Here is the link: http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?p...239904&size=lg

err.. to be totally and brutuallly honest (not to mention insensitive) ... i tink its one for the personal collection.... looks a tad too grainy, and too blurish ... maybe perhaps shoot from the other side or during a different time when the sun is behind you?

Comment

I know that its not going to make it in the db, but I want to see if anyone can improve it just for myself. I tried, but I know there are many people here that are much better than I am. Thanks for your opinion though, but I already knew that

Comment

Here is what I can do messin with the curves and taken some of the grain out. Do you have the original right out of the camera?

Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

It's well composed but the lighting is bad. Check out the wing flex
          Click Here for my aviation photographs.
          No Frontiers

Comment

You still using the Finepix 2800 Emu? If so I agree totally about the action shots...its basically press the shutter and keep your fingers crossed...

Greg
            Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Yeah, hopefully that will change this summer. Possibly looking into the Sony F828. Other than the lag though, I like the F2800Z, you just have to respect its limitations. I've noticed it does really well with backlit shots.

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
                Yeah, hopefully that will change this summer. Possibly looking into the Sony F828.
                You can almost get a D-SLR and lens with that kind of money.
                Click Here for my aviation photographs.
                No Frontiers

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
                  Yeah, hopefully that will change this summer. Possibly looking into the Sony F828.
                  The 828 is gonna be $959 for a point and shoot. You might as well get a 300D body ($899.99) and 75-300 III USM (about $184.95) and have a DSLR. A DSLR is certainly worth the extra $200 or so bucks and you could always sell the lens when you are ready for a better one.

Comment

Just because its not a DSLR doesn't mean its really a point and shoot. While I'm in school I'm not going to have the money to get a camera as well as lenses that let me shoot both close up and far away that are of any quality. The F828 has almost as many manual settings as a DSLR. Maybe when I graduate from college and get my first real job I'll look into a DSLR, but I dont see that happening any time soon.

Comment

I personally think the jump from Finepix 2800 to DSLR is too big of a jump, and whenever I can afford it I plan to upgrade my camera to one of the higher end non DSLR cameras such as an S5000 or 7000, and that will be my stepping stool to a DSLR way down to the line

Greg
                      Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Emu,

I gave it a shot...

Comment

Thanks for those of you who tired. They were certainly better than my efforts. I knew I wasn't going to get a miracle, but what I got was better than what I was expecting. Thanks again.

Comment

I really like the picture. I guess it's one of those moments when you wish you had been carrying something a bit more powerful.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg
                              I really like the picture. I guess it's one of those moments when you wish you had been carrying something a bit more powerful.
                              Thanks. Yeah, I get that feeling a lot

Comment

Working...
                              X