Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy764
    replied
    Do not get a new camera!!! I just found this photo.

[photoid=256739]

Look at what your camera can do!! I also suggest looking at his other photos.

Leave a comment:

• BA747-436
    replied
    F8.0 1/350 or 500 shutter speed?

Leave a comment:

• egll
    replied
    I thought that too, F11 or F13 would be more appropriate for this type of shot I think.

Matt

Leave a comment:

• BA747-436
    replied
    1/1150th exposure? Is it me or does that seem a little evil? at ISO100 :P

Leave a comment:

• YBBN
    replied
    This is my shot at it.

Leave a comment:

• slate
    replied
    If it helps anyone to give me a clue.

Leave a comment:

• slate
    replied
    Hi Freightdog,

Thanks for the advice, but in this case, you are not correct. The C-2100 has 10X optical zoom same as the C7xx series. It was contemporary to the C-700 and discontinued as Olympus pursued the 7 series with the 720 - 750. the reason I chose it over the 700 was because it had more features, including a larger lens, a non telescoping housing which I was told would allow more light in since there was no need for the additional mechanism inside, a larger CCD and the biggie, image stabilization which is no longer available on Olympus models. By the way, zoom was not an issue in this picture as I was under the plane as it passed by only 100 ft overhead and the lens was zoomed out as wide as possible. the plane filled 1250 pixels of a 1600 pixel image. I was shooting at the highest quality JPEG mode. Anyway thanks all for your advice and anything further is still welcome.

Adrian

Leave a comment:

• Freightdogg
    replied
    Adrian,

The C-2100 doesn't have as much optical zoom as some other similar Olympus models so even though I don't generally recommend them you might want to consider acquiring a teleconverter lens of between 1.5 and 2.0 X magnification. You either need a bit more optical power or need to get closer to the subject. Since getting close up has become difficult at many airports it comes down to having enough focal length to do the job. The camera itself is capable of turning out good enough shots but you need to have a frame-filling image for it to work at it's best. Other than that just practice panning and triggering the shutter without shaking the camera, though that doesn't seem to be the problem in the shot you used as an example.

Leave a comment:

• Leftseat86
    replied
    Polls don't lie...

-Clovis

Leave a comment:

• BWI Scott
    replied
    Originally posted by Crazy764
    Your camera definitely can provide the quality needed:
    I agree. Everyone of my shots prior to January of this year were taken with the C-2100.
    The photo above looks like maybe it was a little too far away and you cropped in on it? If you can get a better camera (DSLR) then by all means do it. But the C-2100 should be sufficient until then.

Scott

Leave a comment:

• Crazy764
    replied
    Your camera definitely can provide the quality needed:

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=206326

Leave a comment:

• slate
    started a poll What do I do next?

What do I do next?

Get a new Camera
    0%
    Get my eyes checked
    0%
    Learn what the hell I'm doing with the camera
    0%
    Learn what the hell I'm doing with post processing
    0%
    Quit aviation photography, concentrate on "snapshots"
    0%
    Rejected : blurry

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject.php?id=216210

Hi,
    Please let me know where I am going the most wrong. It seems that most of the pics I take are about this quality which is apparently not good enough to belong here. My camera is an Olympus C-2100UZ, 2 years old and I use JASC PSP 7.0 to crop, resize, usm etc. Have some fun with the poll and any tips are appreciated.

Thanks,
    Adrian
Working...
X