X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lehondre Photos
    replied
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Borderline. A fair amount of noise/compression is visible.
    Righto, I'll try and improve it and submit, worth a try.

As always, thanks for the help Dlowwa!

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by Lehondre Photos View Post
    Hey guys,

We had the inaugural Central Coast airshow a couple months ago, and I've been sitting on some shots of the f35 display for a while. I had to wait for it to turn a fair distance away before the lighting was in my favour, meaning the shots are heavily degraded in quality. I've been editing them for a while and this is the best I got. Would it be acceptable for JP?

Thanks
    Borderline. A fair amount of noise/compression is visible.

Leave a comment:

• Lehondre Photos
    replied
    Hey guys,

We had the inaugural Central Coast airshow a couple months ago, and I've been sitting on some shots of the f35 display for a while. I had to wait for it to turn a fair distance away before the lighting was in my favour, meaning the shots are heavily degraded in quality. I've been editing them for a while and this is the best I got. Would it be acceptable for JP?

Thanks
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Lehondre Photos
    replied

Borderline overprocessed. The corners shouldn't be brighter than the center.
    Alright, I'll give it a bit more work. Thanks for the help as always!

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hey guys

I've been going through some old photos which were taken with my old lens that had vignetting issues. I've been playing around with the manual corrections in lightroom and I think I've improved them somewhat, but I'm also conscious of overdoing it. For future reference, would this image be rejected for either vignetting or overprocessing?

Thanks
    Borderline overprocessed. The corners shouldn't be brighter than the center.

Leave a comment:

• Lehondre Photos
    replied
    Hey guys

I've been going through some old photos which were taken with my old lens that had vignetting issues. I've been playing around with the manual corrections in lightroom and I think I've improved them somewhat, but I'm also conscious of overdoing it. For future reference, would this image be rejected for either vignetting or overprocessing?

Thanks
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied

Thanks dlowwa. How would I reach the DB editors? I submitted a request for 47G-3B1 to be added yesterday but haven't gotten a response, so should I take that as confirmation from the DB editors that it should be submitted as 47G-3B?
    This is the forum to ask questions about the info/data that goes with your photos, including aircraft types, photo categories, etc.

Leave a comment:

• Lehondre Photos
    replied

I imagine 47G-3B should be acceptable, but you should check with the DB editors to be sure.
    Thanks dlowwa. How would I reach the DB editors? I submitted a request for 47G-3B1 to be added yesterday but haven't gotten a response, so should I take that as confirmation from the DB editors that it should be submitted as 47G-3B?

Again, thanks for the help.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied

Thank you dlowwa, I'll reupload in the regular queue this time, apologies.

I was hoping I could have some advice on uploading this image of VH-PTL. It is listed as being a Bell 47G-3B1 on many websites, but the only model similar to that on Jetphotos is 47G-3B. Should I just put it as the latter, or does 47G-3B1 need to be added before I upload?

Thanks
    I imagine 47G-3B should be acceptable, but you should check with the DB editors to be sure.

Leave a comment:

• Lehondre Photos
    replied

For a change that small, it's at our discretion as to whether hot screening should apply. I imagine the 'change of a cowling' comment refers to when there is a cowling with a different color temporarily installed, which is definitely not hot (not the case here, but something we see attempted quite often). The question you should ask yourself is there really a reason this can't wait another 4-5 days after 17+ years, or are you simply eager to skip the queue?
    Thank you dlowwa, I'll reupload in the regular queue this time, apologies.

I was hoping I could have some advice on uploading this image of VH-PTL. It is listed as being a Bell 47G-3B1 on many websites, but the only model similar to that on Jetphotos is 47G-3B. Should I just put it as the latter, or does 47G-3B1 need to be added before I upload?

Thanks
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hello everyone,

This image was rejected for invalid hot: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8839697

The comment was:
    change of a cowling or prop is not a livery change, please upload to the regular queue
    My comment justifying the hot upload did include the prop modifications, but as a side note. I initially mentioned the removal of the sticker just behind the prop, which from my understanding would justify a hot upload due to livery change, as this is the last photo uploaded: https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/170818

Of course I could be wrong as the cowling could have been changed, but to me it just looked like the sticker was removed, so feel free to correct me, but I thought I would come here before appealing just in case.

Thanks

Edit: Admittedly the change is quite small, so could these be a cause for rejection? I obviously don't want to waste the time of the screeners and other photographers on something that isn't deserving of jumping the queue.
    For a change that small, it's at our discretion as to whether hot screening should apply. I imagine the 'change of a cowling' comment refers to when there is a cowling with a different color temporarily installed, which is definitely not hot (not the case here, but something we see attempted quite often). The question you should ask yourself is there really a reason this can't wait another 4-5 days after 17+ years, or are you simply eager to skip the queue?

Leave a comment:

• Lehondre Photos
    replied
    Hello everyone,

This image was rejected for invalid hot: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8839697

The comment was:
    change of a cowling or prop is not a livery change, please upload to the regular queue
    My comment justifying the hot upload did include the prop modifications, but as a side note. I initially mentioned the removal of the sticker just behind the prop, which from my understanding would justify a hot upload due to livery change, as this is the last photo uploaded: https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/170818

Of course I could be wrong as the cowling could have been changed, but to me it just looked like the sticker was removed, so feel free to correct me, but I thought I would come here before appealing just in case.

Thanks

Edit: Admittedly the change is quite small, so could these be a cause for rejection? I obviously don't want to waste the time of the screeners and other photographers on something that isn't deserving of jumping the queue.

Leave a comment:

• Lehondre Photos
    replied
    Originally posted by Julian S. View Post

Hello!

I would accept it as it is.
    Be sure to tick all necessary categories for that image.

Regards from Germany and stay safe,
    Julian
    Thanks a lot for the fast response Julian, hope all is well for you over in Germany!

Leave a comment:

• Julian S.
    replied
    Hello everyone

May I have some advice on this photo? Would it be acceptable as is? Mainly looking at sharpening and quality here.

Thanks in advance
    Hello!

I would accept it as it is.
    Be sure to tick all necessary categories for that image.

Regards from Germany and stay safe,
    Julian

Leave a comment:

• Lehondre Photos
    replied
    Hello everyone

May I have some advice on this photo? Would it be acceptable as is? Mainly looking at sharpening and quality here.

Thanks in advance
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X