• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by Lehondre Photos View Post
    Hi everyone

Can I have some advice on these photos? For Fedex and Air Canada I'm slightly concerned about the darkening in certain parts of the sky, though it doesn't appear in the usual vignetting pattern, which confuses me. For the helicopter, I'm unsure how to crop it, and have a fairly tight starting image as I had to zoom in further due to the fence. Would they all be acceptable?

Thanks for the help
    #4 soft and very borderline crop. Otherwise they would be ok for me.

Leave a comment:

• Lehondre Photos
    replied
    Hi everyone

Can I have some advice on these photos? For Fedex and Air Canada I'm slightly concerned about the darkening in certain parts of the sky, though it doesn't appear in the usual vignetting pattern, which confuses me. For the helicopter, I'm unsure how to crop it, and have a fairly tight starting image as I had to zoom in further due to the fence. Would they all be acceptable?

Thanks for the help
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Lehondre Photos
    replied
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Would be ok for me.
    Thank you dlowwa!

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I've taken photos from up here, so I thought I would check before uploading. Would these be acceptable for Jetphotos?

Thanks
    Would be ok for me.

Leave a comment:

• Lehondre Photos
    replied
    Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I've taken photos from up here, so I thought I would check before uploading. Would these be acceptable for Jetphotos?

Thanks
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Lehondre Photos
    replied

Yes, the blues do seem a bit oversaturated, and this could possibly be remedied by increasing the temperature on the white balance.
    Thanks for the help. I've applied changes and submitted.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi everyone

Today I got this rejection: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8136302

I haven't gotten a photo rejected for this reason before, and I'm a bit confused about it as I didn't add/remove saturation, and only altered the white balance through the temperature slider. Is it possible I've overdone it? To fix it, could I just move the slider from the left to the right?

Thanks
    Yes, the blues do seem a bit oversaturated, and this could possibly be remedied by increasing the temperature on the white balance.

Leave a comment:

• Lehondre Photos
    replied
    Hi everyone

Today I got this rejection: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8136302

I haven't gotten a photo rejected for this reason before, and I'm a bit confused about it as I didn't add/remove saturation, and only altered the white balance through the temperature slider. Is it possible I've overdone it? To fix it, could I just move the slider from the left to the right?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Lehondre Photos
    replied

Your decision of course.

Like any other 'crime', you'll only face consequences if you're caught. But knowingly breaking the rules does mean the consequences are usually more severe.
    Thanks for the help. I'll definitely stay far away from graduated filters if that's the case.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied

If I were to fix the softness, should I submit the images?
    Your decision of course.

If the vignetting is fixed then that's great, but if I'm breaking any rules then I feel it would be morally wrong to submit. Is it more of an issue of whether its obvious or not?
    Like any other 'crime', you'll only face consequences if you're caught. But knowingly breaking the rules does mean the consequences are usually more severe.

Leave a comment:

• Lehondre Photos
    replied

Don't see any issues with vignetting in these images, only softness. The use of graduated filters is not allowed. Usually if caught, it will only lead to a rejection, but continued use of obvious filters could lead to other consequences such as a warning on your account, or in extreme cases, a reduction in your upload slots. I don't think we've banned anyone over their use.
    If I were to fix the softness, should I submit the images? If the vignetting is fixed then that's great, but if I'm breaking any rules then I feel it would be morally wrong to submit. Is it more of an issue of whether its obvious or not?

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Since I've been having problems removing vignetting with the automatic feature, I've started to use graduated filters. However, we did discuss that it can result in a rejection, and I'm not sure if I've been effective in removing the vignetting in these photos. Would they be acceptable for Jetphotos?
    Don't see any issues with vignetting in these images, only softness. The use of graduated filters is not allowed. Usually if caught, it will only lead to a rejection, but continued use of obvious filters could lead to other consequences such as a warning on your account, or in extreme cases, a reduction in your upload slots. I don't think we've banned anyone over their use.

Leave a comment:

• Lehondre Photos
    replied
    Since I've been having problems removing vignetting with the automatic feature, I've started to use graduated filters. However, we did discuss that it can result in a rejection, and I'm not sure if I've been effective in removing the vignetting in these photos. Would they be acceptable for Jetphotos?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Lehondre Photos
    replied

Contrast maybe a touch harsh, but would be ok for me.
    I'll fix that up. Thanks for the help as always.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    May I have some advice on this picture? Bit of a cloudy day so it was an effort to catch a window of sunlight. Don't really see the 787-10 too much in Sydney, so I'm keen on getting this one right.

Thanks in advance.
    Contrast maybe a touch harsh, but would be ok for me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X