X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by Lehondre Photos View Post

Ok, I'll give this one more go. Here are my revisions with added sharpening. Thanks for your time.
    Both likely soft rejections.

Leave a comment:

• Lehondre Photos
    replied
    Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post

Both look a bit better, but soft, mainly the 737.
    Ok, I'll give this one more go. Here are my revisions with added sharpening. Thanks for your time.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• LX-A343
    replied

Hi. Can I please have some advice on the revisions above? First time using the tone curve so bear with me here. Also, Thanks for all the help with my photos, I'm trying to learn from the advice. It's much appreciated.
    Both look a bit better, but soft, mainly the 737.

Leave a comment:

• Lehondre Photos
    replied

Ok. This is my first time using the tone curve in editing and this is what I did. Let me know what you think.
    Hi. Can I please have some advice on the revisions above? First time using the tone curve so bear with me here. Also, Thanks for all the help with my photos, I'm trying to learn from the advice. It's much appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• Lehondre Photos
    replied

I meant that they look a bit "flat". Best is to adjust the curves to get both, more highlights and shadows.
    Ok. This is my first time using the tone curve in editing and this is what I did. Let me know what you think.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• LX-A343
    replied

Thanks for the help. By contrast, do you mean the contrast between the plane against the sky? Or can I fix it by adjusting contrast levels in post.
    I meant that they look a bit "flat". Best is to adjust the curves to get both, more highlights and shadows.

Leave a comment:

• Lehondre Photos
    replied

1, 2: borderline, lacking a bit contrast
    3: OK

Just a reminder: all 3 need the night shot category.
    Thanks for the help. By contrast, do you mean the contrast between the plane against the sky? Or can I fix it by adjusting contrast levels in post.

Leave a comment:

• LX-A343
    replied
    Hello everyone

I took these shots today in evening light and would like some advice. Would they be acceptable? If not, what do I need to fix? I also assume that they would all be night shots.

Thanks
    1, 2: borderline, lacking a bit contrast
    3: OK

Just a reminder: all 3 need the night shot category.

Leave a comment:

• Lehondre Photos
    replied
    Hello everyone

I took these shots today in evening light and would like some advice. Would they be acceptable? If not, what do I need to fix? I also assume that they would all be night shots.

Thanks
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hello everyone

Today I got these two pictures but the lighting wasn't very good at the time. I plan to shoot here more so knowing what is and isn't acceptable would be great.

Thanks
    Neither would be acceptable for contrast.

Leave a comment:

• Lehondre Photos
    replied
    Hello everyone

Today I got these two pictures but the lighting wasn't very good at the time. I plan to shoot here more so knowing what is and isn't acceptable would be great.

Thanks
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi everyone,

I need some advice on this photo that I took today of an Emirates a380 in an EXPO 2020 livery. The front of the fuselage was slightly blown out so I dropped the highlights but I'm concerned that it has brought about halos. Also, would I need to select special scheme for this a/c?

If there is anything else that needs fixing please let me know.

Thanks
    Yes, special scheme. Halos don't look like too much of an issue.

Leave a comment:

• Lehondre Photos
    replied
    Hi everyone,

I need some advice on this photo that I took today of an Emirates a380 in an EXPO 2020 livery. The front of the fuselage was slightly blown out so I dropped the highlights but I'm concerned that it has brought about halos. Also, would I need to select special scheme for this a/c?

If there is anything else that needs fixing please let me know.

Thanks
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Lehondre Photos
    replied
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Exposure looks ok, but quite soft, almost looks heat-hazed.
    Doesn't look like it's gonna work. No worries, thanks for the help dlowwa.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    I took the chance, but the photo was rejected for being dark/underexposed. I've edited a picture of the same aircraft but from a different angle that may be better. Would this be acceptable or were the conditions just not right?

Thanks
    Exposure looks ok, but quite soft, almost looks heat-hazed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X