(marfi80) - editing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Click image for larger version Name:	37486_1593937941.jpg Views:	0 Size:	444.4 KB ID:	1094313
    Uuuuh.... yeah, indeed. I didn't spot that one. Thanks.

Comment

Hello everyone,

I got the picture below rejected for Over Processed / Bad postprocessing. What in particular is the issue here? I can see some slight halos, but I'm not sure whether they caused the rejection or I missed something else.

Thanks for your help and best,
      marfi80

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Click image for larger version

Name:	D-AIWD (29) jpg 1280 final.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	387.7 KB
ID:	1096918

Comment

Originally posted by marfi80 View Post
        Hello everyone,

I got the picture below rejected for Over Processed / Bad postprocessing. What in particular is the issue here? I can see some slight halos, but I'm not sure whether they caused the rejection or I missed something else.

Thanks for your help and best,
        marfi80

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Name:	D-AIWD (29) jpg 1280 final.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	387.7 KB
ID:	1096918
        Yes, it is because of the editing halos.

Comment

Hello everyone,

I kindly ask for some editing advice:

Over the last few weeks I got a couple of pictures of the same type rejected either due to Over Processed / Bad postprocessing or Contrast or both.
          Basically most of them are taken in front of a blue sky with good light conditions. Three recent examples are linked below.

I didn't change my editing and as such I'm not really sure how to approach this. For the pictures below I can see some slight halos in terms of overprocessing. But I feel I got multiple pictures with such slight halos accepted in the past (maybe I was lucky then?). Also in terms of contrast the pictures have good light, no overcast, histogram (to me at least) looks good. But maybe I'm also completely misjudging the pictures...

So as you see I feel that I'm doing something systematically wrong with the editing of such pictures, but not quite sure how to approach this. So I'm happy about any practical advise what I can improve here.

Thanks and best,
          marfi80

Comment

Hello everyone,

I kindly ask for some editing advice:

Over the last few weeks I got a couple of pictures of the same type rejected either due to Over Processed / Bad postprocessing or Contrast or both.
            Basically most of them are taken in front of a blue sky with good light conditions. Three recent examples are linked below.

I didn't change my editing and as such I'm not really sure how to approach this. For the pictures below I can see some slight halos in terms of overprocessing. But I feel I got multiple pictures with such slight halos accepted in the past (maybe I was lucky then?). Also in terms of contrast the pictures have good light, no overcast, histogram (to me at least) looks good. But maybe I'm also completely misjudging the pictures...

So as you see I feel that I'm doing something systematically wrong with the editing of such pictures, but not quite sure how to approach this. So I'm happy about any practical advise what I can improve here.

Thanks and best,
            marfi80

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8377175
            Yes, halos and weak contrast are both due to whatever processing you're doing. If you change that, your problems should hopefully be resolved.

Comment

Yes, halos and weak contrast are both due to whatever processing you're doing. If you change that, your problems should hopefully be resolved.
              Thank you very much for your feedback, dlowwa.

I changed some parameters on the processing / editing. This is the result with the same pictures and I kindly ask for some pre-screening for those. Thanks a million!

Best,
              marfi80

Name:	LZ-LAE.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	384.4 KB
ID:	1098156

Name:	TC-LST.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	381.8 KB
ID:	1098157

Name:	OE-LYV.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	411.2 KB
ID:	1098158

Comment

Thank you very much for your feedback, dlowwa.

I changed some parameters on the processing / editing. This is the result with the same pictures and I kindly ask for some pre-screening for those. Thanks a million!

Best,
                marfi80

Name:	LZ-LAE.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	384.4 KB
ID:	1098156

Name:	TC-LST.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	381.8 KB
ID:	1098157

Name:	OE-LYV.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	411.2 KB
ID:	1098158
                Slightly soft and low in the frame, but otherwise should be ok.

Comment

Hello everyone,

I have one question about the possible cause for what looks like a weird artefact or so in the "check for dust tool" with one of my pictures.
                  Below the outcome from JP's "check for dust tool" and the original picture, which I meanwhile removed from the cue (due to this artefact and also too much halos).

What looks weird to me is the sudden change in color in the right part of the upper part of the picture in the "check for dust tool". Does anyone have an idea, what might cause this?
                  And would this cause a rejection (provided rest of the picture was OK)?

Thanks and best,
                  marfi80

Name:	ok-ema denoise tool.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	751.0 KB
ID:	1098974

Name:	OK-EMA (1) jpg 1280 final sharpened 16.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	447.2 KB
ID:	1098973

Comment

Hello everyone,

I have one question about the possible cause for what looks like a weird artefact or so in the "check for dust tool" with one of my pictures.
                    Below the outcome from JP's "check for dust tool" and the original picture, which I meanwhile removed from the cue (due to this artefact and also too much halos).

What looks weird to me is the sudden change in color in the right part of the upper part of the picture in the "check for dust tool". Does anyone have an idea, what might cause this?

Thanks and best,
                    marfi80

Could be several things, like selective noise reduction of the sky and later sharpening of the whole photo, or (automatic) correction of colour or contrast. It does not look that bad to me, to me it looks acceptable.

Comment

Hello everyone,

Thanks and best,
                      marfi80

Name:	ok-ema denoise tool.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	751.0 KB
ID:	1098974

Name:	OK-EMA (1) jpg 1280 final sharpened 16.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	447.2 KB
ID:	1098973
                      To avoid such a halos try not to touch the following things when editing: Highlights (keep it at 0), Clarity (at 0 as well)

Comment

It would also be great, if you fixed many dust spots that I can see.

Comment

Hello everyone,

I'd like to request some editing advice on a picture, which was rejected due to (for me surprisingly) many reasons:

I can deal with the soft and noise with some re-editing and scaling down to maybe 1600 or 1280 px.

However, I'm not quite sure what caused the Composition and especially the Backlit rejections. Maybe someone can give some advice, how to improve the composition and share a second opinion about the backlit. If this is indisputable backlit, I won't work on it anymore, but I felt the fuselage (which has backlit) would not be relevant for this picture composition as it's a front shot of the aircraft.

Thanks for your advice and best,
                          marfi80

Comment

Hello everyone,

I'd like to request some editing advice on a picture, which was rejected due to (for me surprisingly) many reasons:

I can deal with the soft and noise with some re-editing and scaling down to maybe 1600 or 1280 px.

However, I'm not quite sure what caused the Composition and especially the Backlit rejections. Maybe someone can give some advice, how to improve the composition and share a second opinion about the backlit. If this is indisputable backlit, I won't work on it anymore, but I felt the fuselage (which has backlit) would not be relevant for this picture composition as it's a front shot of the aircraft.

Thanks for your advice and best,
                            marfi80
                            Composition because there's a lot of empty space at the bottom of the frame. Technically backlit, yes, but not really a reason for rejection at this angle, imho.

Comment

Hello everyone,

the picture below was rejected due to "Cropping / Photo edges / Size Ratio".

I'd be very happy about some opinion, what exactly caused the rejection. Size ratio is 1280x720, so 16:9. Cropping/Centering looks (at least to me) OK, edges as well... not sure whether I missed something.

Thanks for any help.

Best,
                              marfi80

Comment

Hello everyone,

the picture below was rejected due to "Cropping / Photo edges / Size Ratio".

I'd be very happy about some opinion, what exactly caused the rejection. Size ratio is 1280x720, so 16:9. Cropping/Centering looks (at least to me) OK, edges as well... not sure whether I missed something.

Thanks for any help.

Best,
                                marfi80
                                There is some question as to whether the image was re-sized correctly. Easy enough to check if you have the original file. You can send it to me privately, and I will check. If it's all good, I will add it to the DB.

Comment

Working...
                                X