X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marfi80
    replied
    Hello everyone,

I have some beginner question about pictures taken at rather bad light conditions.
    The picture below might serve as an example. I tried my very best (I feel more would be overprocessing), but it was still rejected due to Dark/Underexposed, which I can completely understand.

Question: Is there any good editing approach to make pictures like this acceptable?
    Or is the better approach simply to stay in bed and wait for better light conditions the next day?

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Click image for larger version

Name:	D-ACKB (50).jpg
Views:	311
Size:	574.8 KB
ID:	1078030

Leave a comment:

• marfi80
    replied
    Thank you so much for your feedback.
    This is very much appreciated and helpful for learning and improving.

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to everyone.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by marfi80 View Post
    Hello everyone,

I got one picture rejected because of Over Processed / Bad postprocessing and because of JPG compression artefacts (see link and picture below).

I'd like to learn more about those JPG compression artefacts. As I'm rather new here, any advice is much appreciated - I got some pictures accepted, others rejected for different reasons, but those compression artefacts are rather new to me. In particular it would be great to know where in this picture JPG compression artefacts are visible so I can try my best to avoid them in the future.

Thanks much in advance,
    marfi80

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Don't see compression as an issue, but there are editing halos visible on the treeline as you seem to have darkened the sky unnaturally.

Leave a comment:

• marfi80
    started a topic (marfi80) - editing advice

(marfi80) - editing advice

Hello everyone,

I got one picture rejected because of Over Processed / Bad postprocessing and because of JPG compression artefacts (see link and picture below).

I'd like to learn more about those JPG compression artefacts. As I'm rather new here, any advice is much appreciated - I got some pictures accepted, others rejected for different reasons, but those compression artefacts are rather new to me. In particular it would be great to know where in this picture JPG compression artefacts are visible so I can try my best to avoid them in the future.

Thanks much in advance,
    marfi80

Click image for larger version

Name:	D-ABBD (98).jpg
Views:	768
Size:	675.2 KB
ID:	1076635

Working...
X