Delta95Heavy - Editing Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delta95Heavy - Editing Advice

Now that I have a decent DSLR camera, going to have a go at editing. Other than cropping (obviously), what steps should I take to edit this for later upload? Another question I have is why did this and other photos I shot this afternoon come off the camera looking a little on the dull side? I noticed this on all of the RAW and JPG images. This particular photo was shot f/8 1/2500 sec. ISO400 210mm focal length. Thanks for any and all tips, advice, etc....

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0235-preedit.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	418.1 KB
ID:	1077673

Originally posted by Delta95Heavy View Post
    Now that I have a decent DSLR camera, going to have a go at editing. Other than cropping (obviously), what steps should I take to edit this for later upload? Another question I have is why did this and other photos I shot this afternoon come off the camera looking a little on the dull side? I noticed this on all of the RAW and JPG images. This particular photo was shot f/8 1/2500 sec. ISO400 210mm focal length. Thanks for any and all tips, advice, etc....

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0235-preedit.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	418.1 KB
ID:	1077673
    Contrast and color indeed need adjusting. Beyond that, you'd need to actually crop it properly before I could comment on other quality issues.

Comment

ISO 400 is unnecessary in the full light of the day. The high ISO is making the photo soft. Try ISO 100-160 (camera dependent) (sometimes it's "ISO-Lo" or something like that) and compensate with bringing the shutter speed down a bit. Shutter 1250 or 1600 is normally all you need. The high ISO might have made the photo impossible to sharpen to the point that is acceptable for JP, simply because the subject doesn't fill the whole frame.

Practice makes perfect, my friend!

Comment

Working...
      X