Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steve Worner - prescreening request / editing advice

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Steve Worner - prescreening request / editing advice

    I've realised I used an incorrect 'subject line' for my previous pre-screeing request - my apologies. I'm keen to get feedback on the images below.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	ANZ 787 1280 16x9.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	365.8 KB
ID:	1077982Click image for larger version

Name:	Thai A330 1280.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	390.4 KB
ID:	1077980Click image for larger version

Name:	C208 NCK 1280 v5.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	516.1 KB
ID:	1077981

  • #2
    Originally posted by steveworner View Post
    I've realised I used an incorrect 'subject line' for my previous pre-screeing request - my apologies. I'm keen to get feedback on the images below.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	ANZ 787 1280 16x9.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	365.8 KB
ID:	1077982Click image for larger version

Name:	Thai A330 1280.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	390.4 KB
ID:	1077980Click image for larger version

Name:	C208 NCK 1280 v5.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	516.1 KB
ID:	1077981
    Quality wise OK. But check the size ratio again. it has to be between 4:3 and 16:9.
    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

    Comment


    • #3
      Thank you!

      The ANZ 787 and Thai A330 are at 16:9, the C208 is 1280x913 which I think is within the requirements (mathematically it's 4:2.85), but I'll know if it's okay when I try to upload it.

      Can I also please get feedback on this image of a Qatar 777?

      Click image for larger version  Name:	Qatar 777 1280 extra exposure.jpg Views:	0 Size:	430.1 KB ID:	1078051

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by steveworner View Post
        Thank you!

        The ANZ 787 and Thai A330 are at 16:9, the C208 is 1280x913 which I think is within the requirements (mathematically it's 4:2.85), but I'll know if it's okay when I try to upload it.
        Ratios are fine on all of the images.

        Originally posted by steveworner View Post
        Can I also please get feedback on this image of a Qatar 777?
        Borderline for overprocessed (editing halos).

        Comment


        • #5
          Thank you!

          I've 'wound back' the clarity and de-haze settings for the version in the version below in the hope it reduces the halos. Is any improvement visible?

          Click image for larger version

Name:	Qatar 777 1280 wound back.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	411.2 KB
ID:	1078071

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by steveworner View Post
            Thank you!

            I've 'wound back' the clarity and de-haze settings for the version in the version below in the hope it reduces the halos. Is any improvement visible?
            Editing halos still visible, though not quite as strong. Might want to wind back your settings a bit more, or even just stop using those functions altogether.

            Comment


            • #7
              Thank you for the advice, I won't keep asking you to review the same photo - you've been generous with your time. I think it's a case of the less processing, the better. And if a pic needs a lot of processing, it's probably not the right sort of pic for JP.

              I'll put up another pic for pre-screening in a couple of days' time.

              Comment


              • #8
                Keen to get an opinion on whether either of these B206 shots have JP potential:
                Click image for larger version

Name:	B206 MZA v4.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	397.3 KB
ID:	1078156
                Click image for larger version

Name:	B206 MZA.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	498.6 KB
ID:	1078155

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by steveworner View Post
                  Keen to get an opinion on whether either of these B206 shots have JP potential:
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	B206 MZA v4.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	397.3 KB
ID:	1078156
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	B206 MZA.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	498.6 KB
ID:	1078155
                  Light is better on the first, but minus the dust spots, the quality should be ok.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Thank you again for the advice, and thanks also for pointing out the dust spots: when I went looking closer I found them.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Keen to get feedback on this image. It's a bit different to pics I've put up previously in that it includes infrastructure and other aircraft on the ground.

                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Thai A330 take off dust spot.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	459.4 KB
ID:	1078167

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by steveworner View Post
                        Keen to get feedback on this image. It's a bit different to pics I've put up previously in that it includes infrastructure and other aircraft on the ground.

                        Click image for larger version

Name:	Thai A330 take off dust spot.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	459.4 KB
ID:	1078167
                        Soft, slight yellow/green cast, needs a tighter crop, and is a bit too high in the frame.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Thank you again for the advice, and your time. How does this look?

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Thai A330 takeoff crop.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	466.6 KB
ID:	1078181

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by steveworner View Post
                            Thank you again for the advice, and your time. How does this look?

                            Click image for larger version

Name:	Thai A330 takeoff crop.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	466.6 KB
ID:	1078181
                            A touch soft in spots, but would be ok for me.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Thank you again. Can I please get an indication as to whether this image has JP potential?

                              Click image for larger version  Name:	Saab 340 ZLJ 1280 v2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	626.3 KB ID:	1078283

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X