Steve Worner - prescreening request / editing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you, understood and appreciated.

Can I ask you more broadly about dust spots? I do dust removal detection and removal in Lightroom and it's a good function, but the 'check for dust' function for queued photos in JP seems to pick up spots that Lightroom doesn't. It may be because the spots it's finding are more transparent and have no border (oil spots maybe). Of course JP's 'check for dust' function is only useable for photos once they are in the screening queue, and I've put all my queued photos through this today, found some had previously undetected spots and taken them out of the queue. Are there any other methods you know of for dust spot detection, short of uploading a photo to the screening queue and checking it there?

And... my camera's having a sensor clean today!

Comment

Originally posted by steveworner View Post
      Thank you, understood and appreciated.

Can I ask you more broadly about dust spots? I do dust removal detection and removal in Lightroom and it's a good function, but the 'check for dust' function for queued photos in JP seems to pick up spots that Lightroom doesn't. It may be because the spots it's finding are more transparent and have no border (oil spots maybe). Of course JP's 'check for dust' function is only useable for photos once they are in the screening queue, and I've put all my queued photos through this today, found some had previously undetected spots and taken them out of the queue. Are there any other methods you know of for dust spot detection, short of uploading a photo to the screening queue and checking it there?

And... my camera's having a sensor clean today!
      Equalize function in PS, or just old fashion grab-and-drag (just click on the image and drag it in circles around your screen. Makes any dust spots stick out a lot more).

Comment

Thank you for the suggestion. Can I get an opinion on this image? I'm unsure if having the skyscraper in the background of the B206 would work against it. I've also had rejections on my other B206 images due to dust spots.

Click image for larger version

Name:	B206 VH-MZA building.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	720.0 KB
ID:	1081198

Comment

Thank you for the suggestion. Can I get an opinion on this image? I'm unsure if having the skyscraper in the background of the B206 would work against it. I've also had rejections on my other B206 images due to dust spots.

Name:	B206 VH-MZA building.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	720.0 KB
ID:	1081198
          Should be ok.

Comment

Thank you, I'm pleased to report that got accepted very quickly as a 'first registration'.

Can I get an opinion on these A330s please?

Name:	Virgin A330 VH-XFE.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	415.0 KB
ID:	1081326
            Click image for larger version  Name:	AirAsia A330 9M-XXS.jpg Views:	0 Size:	388.0 KB ID:	1081324

Comment

Thank you, I'm pleased to report that got accepted very quickly as a 'first registration'.

Can I get an opinion on these A330s please?

Name:	Virgin A330 VH-XFE.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	415.0 KB
ID:	1081326
              Click image for larger version Name:	AirAsia A330 9M-XXS.jpg Views:	0 Size:	388.0 KB ID:	1081324
              With some sharpening and dust spot removal, should be ok.

Comment

Thank you! Can I get an opinion on this QF 787? I'm concerned I may have over-processed it.

Name:	Qantas 787 100 years 21 Feb v3.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	404.8 KB
ID:	1081366

Comment

Thank you! Can I get an opinion on this QF 787? I'm concerned I may have over-processed it.

Name:	Qantas 787 100 years 21 Feb v3.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	404.8 KB
ID:	1081366
                  Same as the previous two.

Comment

Thank you. Can I get an opinion on this B777? as you can see, lots of black and white but not much in between, while I tried to keep PP to a minimum.

Name:	ANZ ZK-OKH.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	462.3 KB
ID:	1081449

Comment

• Originally posted by steveworner View Post
                      Thank you. Can I get an opinion on this B777? as you can see, lots of black and white but not much in between, while I tried to keep PP to a minimum.

Name:	ANZ ZK-OKH.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	462.3 KB
ID:	1081449
                      Borderline soft/contrast, but would be acceptable for me.

Comment

• Thank you. The image below is the same aircraft, some hours later. It's obviously high ISO - does it have JP potential?

Name:	ANZ ZK-OKH departs v2.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	497.4 KB
ID:	1081465

Comment

Thank you. The image below is the same aircraft, some hours later. It's obviously high ISO - does it have JP potential?

Name:	ANZ ZK-OKH departs v2.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	497.4 KB
ID:	1081465
                          A bit too dark.
                          My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

• Thank you. Can I get an opinion on this F100 please?

Name:	QantasLink F100 VH-NHO.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	511.1 KB
ID:	1081660

Comment

Thank you. Can I get an opinion on this F100 please?

Click image for larger version  Name:	QantasLink F100 VH-NHO.jpg Views:	0 Size:	511.1 KB ID:	1081660
                              This would be rejected for dark/contrast, and possibly centering, though the latter is more of a minor nitpick.

Comment

• Thank you. Can I get an opinion on these 737s?

Name:	MAS 737 9M-MLV.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	414.8 KB
ID:	1081694Click image for larger version

Name:	MAS 737 9M-MXQ.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	524.1 KB
ID:	1081695

Comment

Working...
                                X