X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by steveworner View Post
    Thank you. Can I get an opinion on this F100 please?

Click image for larger version  Name:	QantasLink F100 VH-NHO.jpg Views:	0 Size:	511.1 KB ID:	1081660
    This would be rejected for dark/contrast, and possibly centering, though the latter is more of a minor nitpick.

Leave a comment:

• steveworner
    replied
    Thank you. Can I get an opinion on this F100 please?

Click image for larger version

Name:	QantasLink F100 VH-NHO.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	511.1 KB
ID:	1081660

Leave a comment:

• LX-A343
    replied
    Thank you. The image below is the same aircraft, some hours later. It's obviously high ISO - does it have JP potential?

Name:	ANZ ZK-OKH departs v2.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	497.4 KB
ID:	1081465
    A bit too dark.

Leave a comment:

• steveworner
    replied
    Thank you. The image below is the same aircraft, some hours later. It's obviously high ISO - does it have JP potential?

Name:	ANZ ZK-OKH departs v2.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	497.4 KB
ID:	1081465

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Thank you. Can I get an opinion on this B777? as you can see, lots of black and white but not much in between, while I tried to keep PP to a minimum.

Name:	ANZ ZK-OKH.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	462.3 KB
ID:	1081449
    Borderline soft/contrast, but would be acceptable for me.

Leave a comment:

• steveworner
    replied
    Thank you. Can I get an opinion on this B777? as you can see, lots of black and white but not much in between, while I tried to keep PP to a minimum.

Name:	ANZ ZK-OKH.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	462.3 KB
ID:	1081449

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Thank you! Can I get an opinion on this QF 787? I'm concerned I may have over-processed it.

Name:	Qantas 787 100 years 21 Feb v3.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	404.8 KB
ID:	1081366
    Same as the previous two.

Leave a comment:

• steveworner
    replied
    Thank you! Can I get an opinion on this QF 787? I'm concerned I may have over-processed it.

Name:	Qantas 787 100 years 21 Feb v3.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	404.8 KB
ID:	1081366

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Thank you, I'm pleased to report that got accepted very quickly as a 'first registration'.

Can I get an opinion on these A330s please?

Name:	Virgin A330 VH-XFE.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	415.0 KB
ID:	1081326
    Click image for larger version Name:	AirAsia A330 9M-XXS.jpg Views:	0 Size:	388.0 KB ID:	1081324
    With some sharpening and dust spot removal, should be ok.

Leave a comment:

• steveworner
    replied
    Thank you, I'm pleased to report that got accepted very quickly as a 'first registration'.

Can I get an opinion on these A330s please?

Name:	Virgin A330 VH-XFE.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	415.0 KB
ID:	1081326
    Click image for larger version  Name:	AirAsia A330 9M-XXS.jpg Views:	0 Size:	388.0 KB ID:	1081324

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Thank you for the suggestion. Can I get an opinion on this image? I'm unsure if having the skyscraper in the background of the B206 would work against it. I've also had rejections on my other B206 images due to dust spots.

Name:	B206 VH-MZA building.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	720.0 KB
ID:	1081198
    Should be ok.

Leave a comment:

• steveworner
    replied
    Thank you for the suggestion. Can I get an opinion on this image? I'm unsure if having the skyscraper in the background of the B206 would work against it. I've also had rejections on my other B206 images due to dust spots.

Name:	B206 VH-MZA building.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	720.0 KB
ID:	1081198

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Thank you, understood and appreciated.

Can I ask you more broadly about dust spots? I do dust removal detection and removal in Lightroom and it's a good function, but the 'check for dust' function for queued photos in JP seems to pick up spots that Lightroom doesn't. It may be because the spots it's finding are more transparent and have no border (oil spots maybe). Of course JP's 'check for dust' function is only useable for photos once they are in the screening queue, and I've put all my queued photos through this today, found some had previously undetected spots and taken them out of the queue. Are there any other methods you know of for dust spot detection, short of uploading a photo to the screening queue and checking it there?

And... my camera's having a sensor clean today!
    Equalize function in PS, or just old fashion grab-and-drag (just click on the image and drag it in circles around your screen. Makes any dust spots stick out a lot more).

Leave a comment:

• steveworner
    replied
    Thank you, understood and appreciated.

Can I ask you more broadly about dust spots? I do dust removal detection and removal in Lightroom and it's a good function, but the 'check for dust' function for queued photos in JP seems to pick up spots that Lightroom doesn't. It may be because the spots it's finding are more transparent and have no border (oil spots maybe). Of course JP's 'check for dust' function is only useable for photos once they are in the screening queue, and I've put all my queued photos through this today, found some had previously undetected spots and taken them out of the queue. Are there any other methods you know of for dust spot detection, short of uploading a photo to the screening queue and checking it there?

And... my camera's having a sensor clean today!

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Thank for the ongoing advice on these. I've upped the exposure on both, how do they look now?

Name:	Air Nauru 737 dusk.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	408.0 KB
ID:	1081057Click image for larger version

Name:	QF A330 dusk.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	400.5 KB
ID:	1081058
    First borderline for contrast, second certainly a contrast rejection. Will not comment on these any more.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X