Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Editing Advice - Oliver Dave

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Editing Advice - Oliver Dave

    Hi, could someone advice on why this photo was rejected for being overprocessed ? Edit was normal, exactly like I had been doing before. Also, could you tell me how I can spot this on my own in the future? Thank you. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7817392

  • #2
    Hello. Look in to "check for dust" option and you will see bad postprocessing.

    Comment


    • #3
      I did have a look. Is it the lines in the sky that's the issue or is it the dark spots around the aircraft? Thanks.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Oliver Dave View Post
        I did have a look. Is it the lines in the sky that's the issue or is it the dark spots around the aircraft? Thanks.
        Editing halos are visible around the aircraft.

        Comment


        • #5
          Sorry just to clarify, editing halos are the blacks areas at the top of the aircraft when seen through 'check for dust'?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Oliver Dave View Post
            Sorry just to clarify, editing halos are the blacks areas at the top of the aircraft when seen through 'check for dust'?
            Visible around engines, wing, and tail, yes.

            Comment


            • #7
              https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7848973
              Hi, was this rejected for having too much contrast? If so, what are the tell-tale signs of too much contrast? Thanks a lot for the help.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Oliver Dave View Post
                https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7848973
                Hi, was this rejected for having too much contrast? If so, what are the tell-tale signs of too much contrast? Thanks a lot for the help.
                Contrast is a little bit too strong, but I would have accepted it.

                Comment


                • #9
                  https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7854203
                  https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7854244
                  Hi, I have fixed the halo issue however I've still gotten these 2 rejections for being over processed. Would be great if I could know what the issue is. Thanks a lot for your help.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Oliver Dave View Post
                    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7854203
                    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7854244
                    Hi, I have fixed the halo issue however I've still gotten these 2 rejections for being over processed. Would be great if I could know what the issue is. Thanks a lot for your help.
                    Looks more like a compression issue than overprocessing. There is very noticeable banding in the sky.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Hi, could I get some pre-screening advice on this? It's my first time editing a fighter image. Cheers and thank you.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	F35B_16FEB20_0964-2.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	379.4 KB
ID:	1080937

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Oliver Dave View Post
                        Hi, could I get some pre-screening advice on this? It's my first time editing a fighter image. Cheers and thank you.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	F35B_16FEB20_0964-2.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	379.4 KB
ID:	1080937
                        This would be rejected for dark/contrast and soft.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Hi, I have worked on those areas indicated. How is this? Thanks a lot.Click image for larger version

Name:	169295_F35B_16FEB20_0964-3.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	368.5 KB
ID:	1081085

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Oliver Dave View Post
                            Hi, I have worked on those areas indicated. How is this? Thanks a lot.Click image for larger version  Name:	169295_F35B_16FEB20_0964-3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	368.5 KB ID:	1081085
                            Likely to be rejected for soft, contrast, color, and noise. Quality is not there for this one, I'm afraid. I would advise passing on this one and trying with something else.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	RSAF_678_0061.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	237.1 KB
ID:	1082152Hi, could I get some pre-screening advice on this? Thanks as always.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X