Simon B-prescreening request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Generally ok for a silhouette, but overall quality is not there. Would be rejected for soft/blurry.
    Ok, thank you. I’ve upped sharpness to the point where the edge of the plane is pretty pixelated, to my eye borderline over sharpened, but if I have learned anything on Jetphotos it’s that I have a terrible eye for sharpness. Plus I don’t know how significant the blurry component is and that obviously can’t be fixed. Is this enough? Or is this photo unfixable?

Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon B View Post

Ok, thank you. I’ve upped sharpness to the point where the edge of the plane is pretty pixelated, to my eye borderline over sharpened, but if I have learned anything on Jetphotos it’s that I have a terrible eye for sharpness. Plus I don’t know how significant the blurry component is and that obviously can’t be fixed. Is this enough? Or is this photo unfixable?
      Still blurry, so I'd assume not fixable.

Comment

Still blurry, so I'd assume not fixable.
        Alright, thank you.

Comment

• For the Stat helicopter I have a question about this photo as it pertains to back lit and similar. The lighting based on what I remember from the day is pretty much exactly in the aircrafts nose. The shadow seems to confirm that, but since much of the plane isn’t directly lit I wanted to check if that would be an issue. I was also wondering if if would be too similar to the linked photo I already have in. Same aircraft and location, but I feel like they are significantly different in content. Thanks!

Landing at AGC. N855ME. Eurocopter EC 135T2+. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Attached Files

Comment

For the Stat helicopter I have a question about this photo as it pertains to back lit and similar. The lighting based on what I remember from the day is pretty much exactly in the aircrafts nose. The shadow seems to confirm that, but since much of the plane isn’t directly lit I wanted to check if that would be an issue. I was also wondering if if would be too similar to the linked photo I already have in. Same aircraft and location, but I feel like they are significantly different in content. Thanks!

Landing at AGC. N855ME. Eurocopter EC 135T2+. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!
            Yes backlit. Quality also not good enough for 1920pix. If different day, not similar.

Comment

• I’m a little worried about over processed on this one. To be honest I’ve never been quite sure where the bounds for that lie and I had to do some more heavy than usual edits to make the sky not washed out. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Attached Files

Comment

I’m a little worried about over processed on this one. To be honest I’ve never been quite sure where the bounds for that lie and I had to do some more heavy than usual edits to make the sky not washed out. Any feedback would be appreciated.
                This image is soft, and yes it does look like a bit too much NR was applied.

Comment

This image is soft, and yes it does look like a bit too much NR was applied.
                  Well one thing that might help with both of these is that I accidentally exported at 1920 even though I had already figured it wouldn’t be sharp enough for that. How’s it look at 1280? I did take off a little bit of NR.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Well one thing that might help with both of these is that I accidentally exported at 1920 even though I had already figured it wouldn’t be sharp enough for that. How’s it look at 1280? I did take off a little bit of NR.
                    Would be acceptable for me, though there is still a slight amount of NR-related compression visible.

Comment

Would be acceptable for me, though there is still a slight amount of NR-related compression visible.
                      Thanks. I’ll take off a touch more and see how it looks before I submit.

Go figure that I got only one decently sharp photo on a nice day for the first time Finnair has ever flown here and just the second for an A350. Too bad I didn’t get one good enough for 1920. Guess I cracked under the pressure a bit

Comment

Working...
                      X