No announcement yet.

Simon B-prescreening request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel like this one is good sharpness wise, only question I still have is with exposure/contrast, I feel like I’m bordering on dark, but to make it lighter it kinda kills the contrast.

Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon B View Post
      I feel like this one is good sharpness wise, only question I still have is with exposure/contrast, I feel like I’m bordering on dark, but to make it lighter it kinda kills the contrast.
      Very soft, some compression, and slightly high in the frame.

Comment

• I’ve been struggling with the tint on this one, opinions?

Click image for larger version

Name:	F6117B8D-1E74-4A39-9364-5930121E44E1.jpeg
Views:	60
Size:	600.5 KB
ID:	1101852 ​​​​​​​

Comment

I’ve been struggling with the tint on this one, opinions?

Click image for larger version

Name:	F6117B8D-1E74-4A39-9364-5930121E44E1.jpeg
Views:	60
Size:	600.5 KB
ID:	1101852 ​​​​​​​
          Ratio is wrong, but other than that looks ok to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
            Ratio is wrong, but other than that looks ok to me.
            Ok thanks. As for the aspect ratio I’m not exactly sure what to change because I exported it at 16:9 from Lightroom but here’s a second crack at it. By all indications on my end this is 1280x720 16:9 let me know if it still isn’t and I’ll try a more intensive fix than a double check of the crop and a re export.

Attached Files

Comment

Ok thanks. As for the aspect ratio I’m not exactly sure what to change because I exported it at 16:9 from Lightroom but here’s a second crack at it. By all indications on my end this is 1280x720 16:9 let me know if it still isn’t and I’ll try a more intensive fix than a double check of the crop and a re export.
              This one's ok. Previous one was 1280x719. System will automatically catch even that 1-pixel and flag it for rejection.

Comment

• Other pictures I’m on the fence about, as for the Allegheny A319 is the lighting, and noise/sharpness passable? The Spirit A321 I feel like is fine but I would appreciate a second opinion on the grey clouds, I feel as though the bright yellow plane in direct light provides more than adequate contrast but I also know big grey clouds like that can get finicky at best.
                Attached Files

Comment

This one's ok. Previous one was 1280x719. System will automatically catch even that 1-pixel and flag it for rejection.
                  Alright, thanks a lot for the help. Any help on the two photos I just posted would also be greatly appropriated.

Comment

Other pictures I’m on the fence about, as for the Allegheny A319 is the lighting, and noise/sharpness passable? The Spirit A321 I feel like is fine but I would appreciate a second opinion on the grey clouds, I feel as though the bright yellow plane in direct light provides more than adequate contrast but I also know big grey clouds like that can get finicky at best.
                    Im going to add this one, I’m mostly worried about sharpness here.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Other pictures I’m on the fence about, as for the Allegheny A319 is the lighting, and noise/sharpness passable? The Spirit A321 I feel like is fine but I would appreciate a second opinion on the grey clouds, I feel as though the bright yellow plane in direct light provides more than adequate contrast but I also know big grey clouds like that can get finicky at best.
                      1. soft/blurry
                      2. a touch dark, but otherwise ok

Originally posted by Simon B View Post

Im going to add this one, I’m mostly worried about sharpness here.
                      It is soft/blurry.

Comment

1. soft/blurry
                        2. a touch dark, but otherwise ok

It is soft/blurry.
                        Alright, thank you very much. Would this shot of the A319 from the same sequence have the same issue with blurry? If it’s only soft I could of course add sharpening but I feel like the grain is starting to be a significant concern as it stands. I also attached a slightly brightened version of that A321 is that sufficiently bright now? I know I’m running up against my 5 pics/day limit here so if you can’t give the new edit of the spirit a look I totally understand.

Attached Files

Comment

Alright, thank you very much. Would this shot of the A319 from the same sequence have the same issue with blurry? If it’s only soft I could of course add sharpening but I feel like the grain is starting to be a significant concern as it stands. I also attached a slightly brightened version of that A321 is that sufficiently bright now? I know I’m running up against my 5 pics/day limit here so if you can’t give the new edit of the spirit a look I totally understand.
                          1. tail is soft/blurry
                          2. exposure ok, maybe a touch soft now (brightening tends to do that).

Comment

1. tail is soft/blurry
                            2. exposure ok, maybe a touch soft now (brightening tends to do that).
                            Hit it with a touch of sharpening, how’s it look?
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hit it with a touch of sharpening, how’s it look?
                              Ok, for me anyways.

Comment

• I ran this through some new software would either of these be good sharpness wise now?
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X