Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-Screen / Editing Advice

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by LuftSpotter View Post
    Howdy,

    Would you like to take a look at my oversharpen rejection :
    JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

    All I did is +25 sharpening in Lightroom as in attached image.
    May I also ask if it is the aircraft or the snow backdrops or both oversharpening? I'm afraid if i remove the +25 sharpening, i may get the rejection for undersharpen
    Sharpening artefacts visible on the livery lines of the aircraft.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

      Sharpening artefacts visible on the livery lines of the aircraft.
      Thank you chief. I'll do my best to figure out the sharpening artefacts on the livery lines

      Comment


      • #18
        Just wondering.. would JP accept this kind of cropping?
        Click image for larger version

Name:	2108070726--4.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	802.1 KB
ID:	1141908

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by LuftSpotter View Post
          Just wondering.. would JP accept this kind of cropping?
          No, the tiny bit of smoke does not justify the wide crop.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

            No, the tiny bit of smoke does not justify the wide crop.
            Very well explained. Thank you chief

            Comment


            • #21
              Howdy,

              Can someone please take a look at my rejection?
              JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

              1) Too much or too little contrast. Assuming it's my another "Too little contrast". I can adjust the point curve in Lightroom later.
              2) Horizon unlevel. Any idea which direction should i rotate or level?

              Thanks in advance

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by LuftSpotter View Post
                Howdy,

                Can someone please take a look at my rejection?
                JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

                1) Too much or too little contrast. Assuming it's my another "Too little contrast". I can adjust the point curve in Lightroom later.
                2) Horizon unlevel. Any idea which direction should i rotate or level?

                Thanks in advance
                Nearly overexposed, but contrast looks ok to me. Needs CCW rotation.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                  Nearly overexposed, but contrast looks ok to me. Needs CCW rotation.
                  Totally make sense. Thank you chief
                  Will reduce the white(or exposure) and do some CCW rotation later.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Howdy all

                    Can someone help with my rejected photo please?
                    JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!


                    Dark / Underexposed: Is the biplane, night drone or the whole photo need to be brighter a little?
                    Undersharpened (Soft): Guess i can reduce the resolution and sharpen a tiny bit. Well, the sharpness of this picture doesn't look too bad, does it?
                    Cropping / Photo edges / Size Ratio: Guess need to crop out more spaces on both sides. I did with 4:3 aspect ratio. Can i crop with 3:4 ratio?or just crop out more with 4:3?

                    Screener's Comments: thin bright line on edges of the photo
                    Screener was so nice to leave comments Does those thin bright line means around the night drones? Guess it was from the drones. This happened to my accepted fireworks photo as well.

                    Thanks in advance

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by LuftSpotter View Post
                      Howdy all

                      Can someone help with my rejected photo please?
                      JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!


                      Dark / Underexposed: Is the biplane, night drone or the whole photo need to be brighter a little?
                      Undersharpened (Soft): Guess i can reduce the resolution and sharpen a tiny bit. Well, the sharpness of this picture doesn't look too bad, does it?
                      Cropping / Photo edges / Size Ratio: Guess need to crop out more spaces on both sides. I did with 4:3 aspect ratio. Can i crop with 3:4 ratio?or just crop out more with 4:3?

                      Screener's Comments: thin bright line on edges of the photo
                      Screener was so nice to leave comments Does those thin bright line means around the night drones? Guess it was from the drones. This happened to my accepted fireworks photo as well.
                      I don't really see any issue with bright lines, but if there are, likely an editing problem. Whole image is rather dark.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

                        I don't really see any issue with bright lines, but if there are, likely an editing problem. Whole image is rather dark.
                        Sounds good Chief. As long as it's not the bright line issue, i'd be happy to give it another try
                        Thanks again

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Howdy everyone,

                          Just wondering, is this picture obstructed by our guidelines? Probably too much snow in the bottom part of the jet.

                          Thanks in advance

                          Attached Files

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by LuftSpotter View Post
                            Howdy everyone,

                            Just wondering, is this picture obstructed by our guidelines? Probably too much snow in the bottom part of the jet.

                            Thanks in advance
                            A bit too much snow, yes.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

                              A bit too much snow, yes.
                              Cool. You just saved me a rejection
                              Thank you chief

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Hello again,

                                Would you be so kind to take a look at my 2nd rejection of this A380?
                                https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10777336
                                • Over Processed / Bad postprocessing : Halos around the top front?
                                • Too much or too little contrast : Still too little contrast? Can it be fixed by adding more contrast or adjusting the tone curve?
                                In case you can't view the photo, here you go

                                Click image for larger version

Name:	40107_1673303247.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	1154160

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X