Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LuftSpotter View Post
    Hello again,

Would you be so kind to take a look at my 2nd rejection of this A380?
    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10777336
    • Over Processed / Bad postprocessing : Halos around the top front?
    • Too much or too little contrast : Still too little contrast? Can it be fixed by adding more contrast or adjusting the tone curve?
    In case you can't view the photo, here you go

Click image for larger version

Name:	40107_1673303247.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	1154160
    I'm certainly no expert on the matter but this seems to have gone too far the other way - too much contrast, as is made evident by the large spike on the blacks end of the histogram. The backdrop looks, and I can only really use the term 'weird', just too much colour to it, same goes for the colours on the tail, they don't look like that in real life.

Comment

Originally posted by Oojiflip View Post

I'm certainly no expert on the matter but this seems to have gone too far the other way - too much contrast, as is made evident by the large spike on the blacks end of the histogram. The backdrop looks, and I can only really use the term 'weird', just too much colour to it, same goes for the colours on the tail, they don't look like that in real life.
      Thank you Oojiflip for your help I believe you're right about the "too much contrast" part. The first rejection of this photo was definitely "too little contrast". Guess i overdid it for my 2nd tries.
      btw, if you see "large spike" on the left end in the histogram, that's probably the black JP bar in the bottom that is causing it. Here's the histogram of the photo(no black bar in the bottom).

Name:	histogram.png
Views:	74
Size:	7.9 KB
ID:	1154171
      Not too bad i guess. or not? But the overall contrast might be a bit too much as you said.

Comment

Thank you Oojiflip for your help I believe you're right about the "too much contrast" part. The first rejection of this photo was definitely "too little contrast". Guess i overdid it for my 2nd tries.
        btw, if you see "large spike" on the left end in the histogram, that's probably the black JP bar in the bottom that is causing it. Here's the histogram of the photo(no black bar in the bottom).

Name:	histogram.png
Views:	74
Size:	7.9 KB
ID:	1154171
        Not too bad i guess. or not? But the overall contrast might be a bit too much as you said.
        Ah I didn't think about that yeah still a little too much, try boosting the shadows a bit

Comment

Is this vignetting on the right side? Wondering if this is good for Jetphotos? This was taken at 263mm F8 with EF 100-400 II f4.5-5.6 lens and full frame camera. Looks like my old crop factor Canon 90D has less problem with vignetting

Name:	procimages.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	695.8 KB
ID:	1166070
          Attached Files

Comment

Is this vignetting on the right side? Wondering if this is good for Jetphotos? This was taken at 263mm F8 with EF 100-400 II f4.5-5.6 lens and full frame camera. Looks like my old crop factor Canon 90D has less problem with vignetting
            Overexposed and somewhat soft. Yes vignetting is noticeable right side.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Overexposed and somewhat soft. Yes vignetting is noticeable right side.
              Thank you chief. Let's give this one up

Comment

Howdy,

Does this stand a chance such as backlit or contrast issue? Only the top wings got the light but not the fuselage. Thanks in advance.​ Click image for larger version

Name:	2307221389-4.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	721.4 KB
ID:	1167060

Comment

Howdy,

Does this stand a chance such as backlit or contrast issue? Only the top wings got the light but not the fuselage.
                  Backlit. Not fixable.

Comment

Backlit. Not fixable.
                    Make sense. Thank you Chief

Comment

Just wondering, may I include a little more of water splash on the right? or just stay with the regular tight crop? Click image for larger version

Name:	951153_1692770219.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	866.6 KB
ID:	1168106
                      Thanks in advance.

Comment

Just wondering, may I include a little more of water splash on the right? or just stay with the regular tight crop?
                        Thanks in advance.
                        Up to you. This crop is ok for me, but that's just me.

Comment

Up to you. This crop is ok for me, but that's just me.
                          Sounds good and thank you chief. Let's go for it

Comment

Howdy Dana and all

Allow me to post my Over Processed / Bad postprocessing​ rejection
                            https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=11218453 Click image for larger version  Name:	230801012-4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	610.8 KB ID:	1168436
                            It doesn't look like halos to me.(?) Is it too much colour/contrast? Wildfire smoke sky in the summer😢
                            I can provide the original cRaw upon request.
                            No appeal. Just wanna know how to fix.
                            Thanks

Comment

Howdy Dana and all

Allow me to post my Over Processed / Bad postprocessing​ rejection
                              It doesn't look like halos to me.(?) Is it too much colour/contrast? Wildfire smoke sky in the summer😢
                              I can provide the original cRaw upon request.
                              No appeal. Just wanna know how to fix.
                              Don't see any halos either; if I had to guess too much noise reduction. All the details have been washed out.

Comment

Don't see any halos either; if I had to guess too much noise reduction. All the details have been washed out.
                                It makes sense. All i did is +25 Noise Reduction in Lr. I can lower it a bit and retry. Thank you Chief again👍

Comment

Working...
                                X