X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by saligrama View Post
    Thank you, can you look at the Lufthansa again as well as a few others? I tried to clone out the dust spot I saw on the Lufthansa, but not sure if I got all of them.
    1. dirty/overprocessed (poor dust spot removal), borderline horizon
    2. soft, borderline cut off
    3. ok
    4. borderline centering
    5. heat haze, centering

Leave a comment:

• ChicagoAvgeek
    replied
    Thank you, can you look at the Lufthansa again as well as a few others? I tried to clone out the dust spot I saw on the Lufthansa, but not sure if I got all of them.
    I am not a screener but here are some things I notice.

3: A330 has a yellow/green tint, 4 appears low in the frame, and 5 is heat hazed.

Leave a comment:

• saligrama
    replied
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Can I get prescreening on these:
    1. horizon, soft, dirty
    2. borderline soft

Leave a comment:

• saligrama
    replied
    Can I get prescreening on these:

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Thank you Alex, I've added a bit of contrast and exposure. Can you check this as well as a 757 I've done?
    Once again, please read here thoroughly:

https://forums.jetphotos.com/forum/a...ning-from-crew

In this case paying special attention to #3. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• saligrama
    replied
    Thank you Alex, I've added a bit of contrast and exposure. Can you check this as well as a 757 I've done?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Alex - Spot-This !
    replied
    this 787 looks nice, maybe just a tad dark, adding a bit of contrast would be good

Regards
    Alex

Leave a comment:

• saligrama
    replied
    Thank you dlowwa, I've fixed and uploaded 2-4. Can you check this one for contrast, exposure, and horizon/centering?

Click image for larger version

Name:	JA867J.JPG
Views:	313
Size:	653.0 KB
ID:	1081642

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Could I get a prescreening on the following 5 images? Looking mainly for advice on contrast, exposure, and horizon/centering. Also can I select night shot on the TAM PT-MSX and Azores CS-TSF?
    1. contrast, soft
    2. soft
    3. borderline contrast/soft
    4. borderline soft
    5. backlit, horizon

Leave a comment:

• saligrama
    replied
    Could I get a prescreening on the following 5 images? Looking mainly for advice on contrast, exposure, and horizon/centering. Also can I select night shot on the TAM PT-MSX and Azores CS-TSF?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by saligrama; 2020-02-25, 04:21. Reason: Edited white balance on HL8345

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Could you check the following for contrast and softness and tell me what I would need to fix?

Name:	N197AN.jpg
Views:	501
Size:	483.8 KB
ID:	1081346
    Hi, please read here thoroughly when you get the chance, especially #6:

https://forums.jetphotos.com/forum/a...ning-from-crew

We don't prescreen images that can't actually be uploaded. But even correctly sized, this image is likely to have too many problems to ever be accepted, so maybe better to rework it or try a different frame.

Leave a comment:

• saligrama
    replied
    Could you check the following for contrast and softness and tell me what I would need to fix?

Views:	501
Size:	483.8 KB
ID:	1081346

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    I'm aware that these need to be edited somewhat, but I'm fairly new to photography and editing and would like to know how to work with these. How should I try to edit these? Also, could you tell me which are unsalvageable and what camera settings I should be using while spotting to yield good images? I'm using a Nikon D3500 with a Nikon 70-300mm DX VR lens.
    Yes they will need to be edited. You might want to start by looking at the upload guidelines, and then comparing similar images that have already been accepted to the ones you hope to submit.

https://forums.jetphotos.com/forum/a...S-New-version=

There are also multiple editing tutorials online/Youtube that can suggest workflows, but there is no one correct way to edit an image. Relatedly, while there are things you generally try to avoid (too high ISO, too low shutter speed, etc..) there is no one setting that will apply to all photographic situations, so it would be best to again, find a tutorial online for the basics of photography (exposure triangle, framing, etc..) and then come back here when you have specific questions for aviation photography.

Leave a comment:

• saligrama
    started a topic saligrama - Prescreening help/editing advice

saligrama - Prescreening help/editing advice

I'm aware that these need to be edited somewhat, but I'm fairly new to photography and editing and would like to know how to work with these. How should I try to edit these? Also, could you tell me which are unsalvageable and what camera settings I should be using while spotting to yield good images? I'm using a Nikon D3500 with a Nikon 70-300mm DX VR lens.

Name:	N322US.jpg
Views:	686
Size:	1.74 MB
ID:	1081285

Name:	N342AV.jpg
Views:	543
Size:	586.4 KB
ID:	1081286