rk4 - prescreening request / editing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rk4 - prescreening request / editing advice

Hey everyone! I'm new to editing and aviation photography itself as a whole, and I have just taken my first few pics that I deem good enough in my eyes. So before waiting 10 days in the queue for feedback, I was wondering what about them would possibly get them rejected. And if any of you guys have any suggestions on how to fix them or any tips to get better pictures in the future, feel free to let me know! Thanks ahead of time!
    Attached Files

Originally posted by rk4 View Post
    Hey everyone! I'm new to editing and aviation photography itself as a whole, and I have just taken my first few pics that I deem good enough in my eyes. So before waiting 10 days in the queue for feedback, I was wondering what about them would possibly get them rejected. And if any of you guys have any suggestions on how to fix them or any tips to get better pictures in the future, feel free to let me know! Thanks ahead of time!
    Hi,

These images are soft (especially the first which might not be fixable), and have issues with color (yellow) and lack of contrast. The latter two might be fixable if you're starting from high-quality originals.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Hi,

These images are soft (especially the first which might not be fixable), and have issues with color (yellow) and lack of contrast. The latter two might be fixable if you're starting from high-quality originals.
      Thanks for responding so quickly! Would lowering noise reduction/masking and raising the sharpness fix the problem of softness? Also how would I be able to identify and fix the issues with yellow? Thanks!

Comment

Thanks for responding so quickly! Would lowering noise reduction/masking and raising the sharpness fix the problem of softness?
        On the latter two, possibly, since only minor improvements are needed.

Also how would I be able to identify and fix the issues with yellow? Thanks!
        Start by looking at areas that should be white (top part of United liver) but that aren't.

Comment

On the latter two, possibly, since only minor improvements are needed.

Start by looking at areas that should be white (top part of United liver) but that aren't.
          Alright, thanks a lot. I have a few more pictures I’ll be sure to post later.

Comment

I have two more pictures I would like to get an opinion on. I feel like they might still be suffering from the yellow issues or softness though. I don't know if it's just my eyes, my shoddy editing, or if the haze/dust at Phoenix would screw with the color settings at all. And if it helps I'm using Adobe Lightroom to edit. But I've messed with the contrast and sharpness settings and I'd love to hear any feedback. Thanks!
            Attached Files

Comment

I have two more pictures I would like to get an opinion on. I feel like they might still be suffering from the yellow issues or softness though. I don't know if it's just my eyes, my shoddy editing, or if the haze/dust at Phoenix would screw with the color settings at all. And if it helps I'm using Adobe Lightroom to edit. But I've messed with the contrast and sharpness settings and I'd love to hear any feedback. Thanks!
              Color should be ok; slightly soft/flat, but pretty close, if not already acceptable.

Comment

Color should be ok; slightly soft/flat, but pretty close, if not already acceptable.
                Alright, thank you! I'll go ahead and give it a shot with uploading them after a little more tweaking.

Comment

Hi, I just had this photo rejected for “digital manipulation” which confuses me. Because when I was editing the picture, I only tweaked the histogram values and the contrast. I did edit out a tiny dust spot in the sky, but it isn't even noticeable. So I was wondering what I could have possibly done wrong, or if it was a mistake on the screeners part? Thanks!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi, I just had this photo rejected for “digital manipulation” which confuses me. Because when I was editing the picture, I only tweaked the histogram values and the contrast. I did edit out a tiny dust spot in the sky, but it isn't even noticeable. So I was wondering what I could have possibly done wrong, or if it was a mistake on the screeners part? Thanks!
                    Yes, most likely due to the poor dust removal in the sky.

Comment

Yes, most likely due to the poor dust removal in the sky.
                      I have a picture here from Lightroom with "visualize spots" turned on with the maximum threshold, and I was wondering how I would go about seeing the poor dust removal? If I were to guess, I think I tried healing it a bit too close to the top of the mountain. You can kind of see a little blur above it where the dust spot was.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by rk4; 2020-03-11, 17:05. Reason: Forgot to quote dlowwa

Comment

Working...
                      X