Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bsky1 - Prescreening / Editing Advice

Dear All,

I am an absolute beginner, both, to photography and plane spotting. Unfortunately, due to weather conditions in my city I get very few sunny days/per month so I can not practice a lot. I got roughly 30 acceptable pictures and now I want to practice editing procedure. Most of my photos are spoiled at the moment I take pictures. So I use Lightroom to correct them. I do not dare to upload yet since I am learning and I do not feel like these photos are worth to upload yet. I assume that they contain many 'error spots'. I would like to kindly ask to give me the feedback on these two examples.

If there are too many I would appreciate if one could point out few obvious mistakes!

The private jet photo was very soft since I shoot it from quite far away but since there are not that many photos online with this plane I decided to to post-process it. Do you think it is worth to try to improve the image if it is too soft from the beginning? Or it is more reasonable to leave it for my own archive.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	test1-1.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	841.7 KB
ID:	1083800

The Airbus photo to me looks fine but I assume there are issues with sharpness and softness as well as the contrast. I would be happy to hear any kind of feedback on these two examples!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	test3-1.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	1083801
    Just in case: I use bridge camera Lumix FZ1000. Both pictures were taken in Shutter Speed priority mode.

Thank you in advance.

Originally posted by bsky1 View Post
    The private jet photo was very soft since I shoot it from quite far away but since there are not that many photos online with this plane I decided to to post-process it. Do you think it is worth to try to improve the image if it is too soft from the beginning? Or it is more reasonable to leave it for my own archive.
    Almost blurry. If it were mine, indeed I wouldn't bother trying to process it.

Originally posted by bsky1 View Post
    The Airbus photo to me looks fine but I assume there are issues with sharpness and softness as well as the contrast.
    The aircraft is backlit, so regardless of sharpness/contrast, it would never be accepted here.

Comment

Working...
    X