XPHNGB pre-screening request/editing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Both would be ok for me, though I would feel more confident if they were at lower resolutions.
    Thank you dlowwa!

Comment

Hi, I uploaded a photo to my queue a couple of hours ago, and when I used check for dust function, I found some strange rings around the corner of the photo, though they seems to be invisible in the original photo. So I deleted it and came here. Configuration file had been applied and I don't know why they appeared. Could you tell me whether this kind of photo can be accepted by JP and what can I do to avoid this phenomenon? Thank you very much.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by XPHNGB View Post
        Hi, I uploaded a photo to my queue a couple of hours ago, and when I used check for dust function, I found some strange rings around the corner of the photo, though they seems to be invisible in the original photo. So I deleted it and came here. Configuration file had been applied and I don't know why they appeared. Could you tell me whether this kind of photo can be accepted by JP and what can I do to avoid this phenomenon? Thank you very much.
        Could be just a natural phenomenon, but if not, most likely too much vignetting correction, as that tends to leave the corners of the frame brighter than the center.

Comment

Could be just a natural phenomenon, but if not, most likely too much vignetting correction, as that tends to leave the corners of the frame brighter than the center.
          Thank you for your reply dlowwa.

Comment

Hi guys, Air India's B788 had just visit my city for the first time tonight. I went spotting, processed the photo I took, and then I found that the photo looks pretty strange, but meanwhile I couldn't tell which aspect of this photo is strange. So could you tell me whether this photo has reached the standard of JP's acceptance? If not, what measures can I take to make it acceptable? And here's also a A20N that need pre-screening. ( mainly on whether the obstruction on the gear will cause a rejection) Thank you very much!
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi guys, Air India's B788 had just visit my city for the first time tonight. I went spotting, processed the photo I took, and then I found that the photo looks pretty strange, but meanwhile I couldn't tell which aspect of this photo is strange. So could you tell me whether this photo has reached the standard of JP's acceptance? If not, what measures can I take to make it acceptable? And here's also a A20N that need pre-screening. ( mainly on whether the obstruction on the gear will cause a rejection) Thank you very much!
              1. soft, contrast, glare, obstruction
              2. aircraft itself is pretty dark, so likely a dark/contrast rejection

Comment

Thank you dlowwa. I've made some adjustment to the photo, does it looks better now?
                Attached Files

Comment

Thank you dlowwa. I've made some adjustment to the photo, does it looks better now?
                  Light in this frame isn't really working in your favor, unfortunately.

Comment

Light in this frame isn't really working in your favor, unfortunately.
                    So sad to hear that… But again thank you very much dlowwa.

Comment

Hi, may I look for some suggestions for these two photos, thanks a lot!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi, may I look for some suggestions for these two photos, thanks a lot!
                        Borderline (would be rejections for me) for contrast/color/exposure.

Comment

Borderline (would be rejections for me) for contrast/color/exposure.
                          Thanks for your reply dlowwa. Because I actually seldom go spotting at night, I almost know nothing about how to process night shot photos. So could you be more specific about the problems of my photo, like is the exposure too much or too little, or what 's wrong with the color of my photos, thank you very much!

Comment

Thanks for your reply dlowwa. Because I actually seldom go spotting at night, I almost know nothing about how to process night shot photos. So could you be more specific about the problems of my photo, like is the exposure too much or too little, or what 's wrong with the color of my photos, thank you very much!
                            Color is a bit yellow, which should be easy to fix by adjusting the white balance. When shooting at night, just as when shooting during the day, you need to think about where the main light source is. It's best to avoid having the strongest source of light behind the subject (as with your second image), as that may cause issues with backlighting, contrast, or even overexposure if the source itself is visible in the frame.

Comment

Color is a bit yellow, which should be easy to fix by adjusting the white balance. When shooting at night, just as when shooting during the day, you need to think about where the main light source is. It's best to avoid having the strongest source of light behind the subject (as with your second image), as that may cause issues with backlighting, contrast, or even overexposure if the source itself is visible in the frame.
                              Thank you dlowwa. I've learnt a lot from your reply.

Comment

Hi guys, I've recently been slightly confused by a rejection. This photo was rejected for horizon unlevel. Could anyone tell me that for this kind of photo which buildings in the frame are all short, far away, and the horizon itself is not clear due to jagged mountains in the distance, how can I know whether the horizon is level or not. The screener who screened this photo commented that the photo needs clockwise rotation, I also wonder how this conclusion was drawn. Looking forward to your reply!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X