XPHNGB pre-screening request/editing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XPHNGB View Post
    Hi everyone, I got a photo rejected recently which made me a little bit confused. I think this photo is not quite oversharpened, and I also don't know the contrast is too high or too low, because the histogram looks OK. Could you check it and give some your suggestions? Thanks a lot.
    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8147552
    Looks oversharpened because really the quality isn't there for 1920pix. Add a little contrast and try again at 1280pix, and probably it'll be ok.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Looks oversharpened because really the quality isn't there for 1920pix. Add a little contrast and try again at 1280pix, and probably it'll be ok.
      Thank you for your suggestions dlowwa.

Comment

Hi everyone, I want to ask for some suggestions on these five photos. The angel of sunlight wasn't so good so I want to know whether they would be rejected for backlit or poor contrast. What's more, I also want to know if there are any other problems with these photos. Thanks a lot.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi everyone, I want to ask for some suggestions on these five photos. The angel of sunlight wasn't so good so I want to know whether they would be rejected for backlit or poor contrast. What's more, I also want to know if there are any other problems with these photos. Thanks a lot.
          These images all have issues with color, oversharpening, heat haze, and compression to varying degrees. Likely only 3 & 4 are fixable, so you can try those again with less compression/sharpening/orange cast.

Comment

These images all have issues with color, oversharpening, heat haze, and compression to varying degrees. Likely only 3 & 4 are fixable, so you can try those again with less compression/sharpening/orange cast.
            Thanks for your timely reply dlowwa. I bought a new camera a few daws ago, so when I fixed these images like I did before, issues appeared. So may I ask how can I reduce the orange casts on the photo? Can they be solved by changing the color temperature of photo? Or if not,can you fell me how to fix them. And, I saved all these photos in Photoshop with highest quality, how can compression issues be avoided? Looking forward to your reply.

Comment

Thanks for your timely reply dlowwa. I bought a new camera a few daws ago, so when I fixed these images like I did before, issues appeared. So may I ask how can I reduce the orange casts on the photo? Can they be solved by changing the color temperature of photo? Or if not,can you fell me how to fix them. And, I saved all these photos in Photoshop with highest quality, how can compression issues be avoided? Looking forward to your reply.
              White balance adjustment would probably be the easiest way to adjust the color, yes. Compression might just be an effect of the sharpening, and isn't the biggest concern. Fix the other issues first and post those and we'll see how they look.

Comment

White balance adjustment would probably be the easiest way to adjust the color, yes. Compression might just be an effect of the sharpening, and isn't the biggest concern. Fix the other issues first and post those and we'll see how they look.
                Thank you dlowwa. I'll try to fix them and post them later.

Comment

Hi, I've tried to process 3&4 for the second time. Do they look better now?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi, I've tried to process 3&4 for the second time. Do they look better now?
                    Color looks better on these. Second one will still be borderline for (low) contrast & heat haze.

Comment

Color looks better on these. Second one will still be borderline for (low) contrast & heat haze.
                      Thanks for your suggestions dlowwa.

Comment

Hi everyone, recently I've got a photo which was rejected for twice which made me slightly confused.
                        JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

​​​​​​They were both rejected for contrast issue, and for the second one, there was also a backlit rejection. But from my point of view, the contrast looks fine, and the histogram also looks normal, so I want to know was the contrast too much or too little?
                        And one more question, these days I've also got many backlit rejections, those rejected photos have one thing in common, that is in all those images, the sun was hanging very high in the sky, which made the upper part of the aircraft looks bright while the lower part didn't look so. But instead of being opposite to me, the sun was actually on my side. (I don't know whether you can understand it, my English isn't so good so I find it's hard to express it in English) And in some photos, you can even see the sunlight reflection on the aircraft body. eg:
                        https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8338733 https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8342377
                        So could you tell me under what circumstances will a photo be rejected for backlit. Thanks a lot and have a nice day.

Comment

Hi everyone, recently I've got a photo which was rejected for twice which made me slightly confused.

​​​​​​They were both rejected for contrast issue, and for the second one, there was also a backlit rejection. But from my point of view, the contrast looks fine, and the histogram also looks normal, so I want to know was the contrast too much or too little?
                          And one more question, these days I've also got many backlit rejections, those rejected photos have one thing in common, that is in all those images, the sun was hanging very high in the sky, which made the upper part of the aircraft looks bright while the lower part didn't look so. But instead of being opposite to me, the sun was actually on my side. (I don't know whether you can understand it, my English isn't so good so I find it's hard to express it in English) And in some photos, you can even see the sunlight reflection on the aircraft body. eg:
                          https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8338733 https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8342377
                          So could you tell me under what circumstances will a photo be rejected for backlit. Thanks a lot and have a nice day.
                          You are correct, the image of B-6068 is not really backlit, though B-300N. You can tell by looking at the shadow (or lack of it) on the tail of the aircraft. If the tail of the aircraft is in shadow, technically the sun can be considered to be on the other side.

I will mention that fact to the screener who added backlit to the one rejected image, but they were all rightfully rejected due to the very harsh angle of the light, which is causing the contrast issues. I'm not sure they can be fixed with editing, you would probably do better to choose a different time of day if you'd like to have a better chance of acceptance.

Comment

You are correct, the image of B-6068 is not really backlit, though B-300N. You can tell by looking at the shadow (or lack of it) on the tail of the aircraft. If the tail of the aircraft is in shadow, technically the sun can be considered to be on the other side.

I will mention that fact to the screener who added backlit to the one rejected image, but they were all rightfully rejected due to the very harsh angle of the light, which is causing the contrast issues. I'm not sure they can be fixed with editing, you would probably do better to choose a different time of day if you'd like to have a better chance of acceptance.
                            Thank you for your detailed answer dlowwa. I'll try go get up earlier to go spotting so that I can get a better sunlight angle.

Comment

Hi, may I ask for some suggestions on these two photos? Thanks a lot.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Hi, may I ask for some suggestions on these two photos? Thanks a lot.
                                Both would be ok for me, though I would feel more confident if they were at lower resolutions.

Comment

Working...
                                X