X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XPHNGB
    replied
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Light in this frame isn't really working in your favor, unfortunately.
    So sad to hear that… But again thank you very much dlowwa.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by XPHNGB View Post
    Thank you dlowwa. I've made some adjustment to the photo, does it looks better now?
    Light in this frame isn't really working in your favor, unfortunately.

Leave a comment:

• XPHNGB
    replied
    Thank you dlowwa. I've made some adjustment to the photo, does it looks better now?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi guys, Air India's B788 had just visit my city for the first time tonight. I went spotting, processed the photo I took, and then I found that the photo looks pretty strange, but meanwhile I couldn't tell which aspect of this photo is strange. So could you tell me whether this photo has reached the standard of JP's acceptance? If not, what measures can I take to make it acceptable? And here's also a A20N that need pre-screening. ( mainly on whether the obstruction on the gear will cause a rejection) Thank you very much!
    1. soft, contrast, glare, obstruction
    2. aircraft itself is pretty dark, so likely a dark/contrast rejection

Leave a comment:

• XPHNGB
    replied
    Hi guys, Air India's B788 had just visit my city for the first time tonight. I went spotting, processed the photo I took, and then I found that the photo looks pretty strange, but meanwhile I couldn't tell which aspect of this photo is strange. So could you tell me whether this photo has reached the standard of JP's acceptance? If not, what measures can I take to make it acceptable? And here's also a A20N that need pre-screening. ( mainly on whether the obstruction on the gear will cause a rejection) Thank you very much!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• XPHNGB
    replied

Could be just a natural phenomenon, but if not, most likely too much vignetting correction, as that tends to leave the corners of the frame brighter than the center.
    Thank you for your reply dlowwa.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi, I uploaded a photo to my queue a couple of hours ago, and when I used check for dust function, I found some strange rings around the corner of the photo, though they seems to be invisible in the original photo. So I deleted it and came here. Configuration file had been applied and I don't know why they appeared. Could you tell me whether this kind of photo can be accepted by JP and what can I do to avoid this phenomenon? Thank you very much.
    Could be just a natural phenomenon, but if not, most likely too much vignetting correction, as that tends to leave the corners of the frame brighter than the center.

Leave a comment:

• XPHNGB
    replied
    Hi, I uploaded a photo to my queue a couple of hours ago, and when I used check for dust function, I found some strange rings around the corner of the photo, though they seems to be invisible in the original photo. So I deleted it and came here. Configuration file had been applied and I don't know why they appeared. Could you tell me whether this kind of photo can be accepted by JP and what can I do to avoid this phenomenon? Thank you very much.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• XPHNGB
    replied

Both would be ok for me, though I would feel more confident if they were at lower resolutions.
    Thank you dlowwa!

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi, may I ask for some suggestions on these two photos? Thanks a lot.
    Both would be ok for me, though I would feel more confident if they were at lower resolutions.

Leave a comment:

• XPHNGB
    replied
    Hi, may I ask for some suggestions on these two photos? Thanks a lot.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• XPHNGB
    replied

You are correct, the image of B-6068 is not really backlit, though B-300N. You can tell by looking at the shadow (or lack of it) on the tail of the aircraft. If the tail of the aircraft is in shadow, technically the sun can be considered to be on the other side.

I will mention that fact to the screener who added backlit to the one rejected image, but they were all rightfully rejected due to the very harsh angle of the light, which is causing the contrast issues. I'm not sure they can be fixed with editing, you would probably do better to choose a different time of day if you'd like to have a better chance of acceptance.
    Thank you for your detailed answer dlowwa. I'll try go get up earlier to go spotting so that I can get a better sunlight angle.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi everyone, recently I've got a photo which was rejected for twice which made me slightly confused.
    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8315917
    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8342377
    ​​​​​​They were both rejected for contrast issue, and for the second one, there was also a backlit rejection. But from my point of view, the contrast looks fine, and the histogram also looks normal, so I want to know was the contrast too much or too little?
    And one more question, these days I've also got many backlit rejections, those rejected photos have one thing in common, that is in all those images, the sun was hanging very high in the sky, which made the upper part of the aircraft looks bright while the lower part didn't look so. But instead of being opposite to me, the sun was actually on my side. (I don't know whether you can understand it, my English isn't so good so I find it's hard to express it in English) And in some photos, you can even see the sunlight reflection on the aircraft body. eg:
    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8338733 https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8342377
    So could you tell me under what circumstances will a photo be rejected for backlit. Thanks a lot and have a nice day.
    You are correct, the image of B-6068 is not really backlit, though B-300N. You can tell by looking at the shadow (or lack of it) on the tail of the aircraft. If the tail of the aircraft is in shadow, technically the sun can be considered to be on the other side.

I will mention that fact to the screener who added backlit to the one rejected image, but they were all rightfully rejected due to the very harsh angle of the light, which is causing the contrast issues. I'm not sure they can be fixed with editing, you would probably do better to choose a different time of day if you'd like to have a better chance of acceptance.

Leave a comment:

• XPHNGB
    replied
    Hi everyone, recently I've got a photo which was rejected for twice which made me slightly confused.
    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8315917
    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8342377
    ​​​​​​They were both rejected for contrast issue, and for the second one, there was also a backlit rejection. But from my point of view, the contrast looks fine, and the histogram also looks normal, so I want to know was the contrast too much or too little?
    And one more question, these days I've also got many backlit rejections, those rejected photos have one thing in common, that is in all those images, the sun was hanging very high in the sky, which made the upper part of the aircraft looks bright while the lower part didn't look so. But instead of being opposite to me, the sun was actually on my side. (I don't know whether you can understand it, my English isn't so good so I find it's hard to express it in English) And in some photos, you can even see the sunlight reflection on the aircraft body. eg:
    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8338733 https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8342377
    So could you tell me under what circumstances will a photo be rejected for backlit. Thanks a lot and have a nice day.

Leave a comment:

• XPHNGB
    replied

Color looks better on these. Second one will still be borderline for (low) contrast & heat haze.
    Thanks for your suggestions dlowwa.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X