• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XPHNGB
    replied
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

There is a slight magenta/blue tint.
    Thanks dlowwa! Some adjustments have been made. Does it look better now? Click image for larger version  Name:	mmexport1641236558310.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.03 MB ID:	1129632

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by XPHNGB View Post
    Hi guys, suggestions needed for this photo. It was reject for bad color but I can't see what's wrong with it. Can anyone give me some suggestions on the color, thanks a lot!
    There is a slight magenta/blue tint.

Leave a comment:

• XPHNGB
    replied
    Hi guys, suggestions needed for this photo. It was reject for bad color but I can't see what's wrong with it. Can anyone give me some suggestions on the color, thanks a lot! Click image for larger version

Name:	20037_1640437385.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	969.0 KB
ID:	1129623

Leave a comment:

• XPHNGB
    replied
    Originally posted by MarkLawrence View Post
    To me, it is the effective horizon at the time and why everything is leaning to the left. When I consider the horizon, I am looking at what is the most horizontal line so that the horizon doesn't lean left or right. But I'm sure others or a screener will comment too.
    Got it! Thanks again for your reply Mark!

Leave a comment:

• MarkLawrence
    replied
    To me, it is the effective horizon at the time and why everything is leaning to the left. When I consider the horizon, I am looking at what is the most horizontal line so that the horizon doesn't lean left or right. But I'm sure others or a screener will comment too.

Leave a comment:

• XPHNGB
    replied
    Originally posted by MarkLawrence View Post
    I am not a screener but I will say in this case, you can see from the second image that the whole image is just leaning to the left. In this case, I would recommend that you use the longest line of the horizon and that is the line of the horizon just under the winglet. Click image for larger version

Name:	image_43564-1.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	398.8 KB
ID:	1125248
    Hi Mark, really appreciate your reply, but I'm still a bit confused. The line you said under the winglet was the boundary of the airport, and it was parallel to the runway. However, when I took this photo, the aircraft was still lining up to runway, which means it hadn't lined up yet, so I think under this circumstance, this line cannot be considered as a reference. Maybe I'm wrong but that's my thoughts. How do you think about it?

Leave a comment:

• MarkLawrence
    replied
    I am not a screener but I will say in this case, you can see from the second image that the whole image is just leaning to the left. In this case, I would recommend that you use the longest line of the horizon and that is the line of the horizon just under the winglet. Click image for larger version

Name:	image_43564-1.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	398.8 KB
ID:	1125248

Leave a comment:

• XPHNGB
    replied
    Hi guys, I've recently been slightly confused by a rejection. This photo was rejected for horizon unlevel. Could anyone tell me that for this kind of photo which buildings in the frame are all short, far away, and the horizon itself is not clear due to jagged mountains in the distance, how can I know whether the horizon is level or not. The screener who screened this photo commented that the photo needs clockwise rotation, I also wonder how this conclusion was drawn. Looking forward to your reply!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• XPHNGB
    replied

Color is a bit yellow, which should be easy to fix by adjusting the white balance. When shooting at night, just as when shooting during the day, you need to think about where the main light source is. It's best to avoid having the strongest source of light behind the subject (as with your second image), as that may cause issues with backlighting, contrast, or even overexposure if the source itself is visible in the frame.
    Thank you dlowwa. I've learnt a lot from your reply.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied

Thanks for your reply dlowwa. Because I actually seldom go spotting at night, I almost know nothing about how to process night shot photos. So could you be more specific about the problems of my photo, like is the exposure too much or too little, or what 's wrong with the color of my photos, thank you very much!
    Color is a bit yellow, which should be easy to fix by adjusting the white balance. When shooting at night, just as when shooting during the day, you need to think about where the main light source is. It's best to avoid having the strongest source of light behind the subject (as with your second image), as that may cause issues with backlighting, contrast, or even overexposure if the source itself is visible in the frame.

Leave a comment:

• XPHNGB
    replied

Borderline (would be rejections for me) for contrast/color/exposure.
    Thanks for your reply dlowwa. Because I actually seldom go spotting at night, I almost know nothing about how to process night shot photos. So could you be more specific about the problems of my photo, like is the exposure too much or too little, or what 's wrong with the color of my photos, thank you very much!

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi, may I look for some suggestions for these two photos, thanks a lot!
    Borderline (would be rejections for me) for contrast/color/exposure.

Leave a comment:

• XPHNGB
    replied
    Hi, may I look for some suggestions for these two photos, thanks a lot!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• XPHNGB
    replied

Light in this frame isn't really working in your favor, unfortunately.
    So sad to hear that… But again thank you very much dlowwa.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Thank you dlowwa. I've made some adjustment to the photo, does it looks better now?
    Light in this frame isn't really working in your favor, unfortunately.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X