Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LewisM - Editing advice

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • LewisM - Editing advice

    I have uploaded these photos, but gotten 'too much or too little contrast. I have progressively increased contrast on the photo, but all were rejected for the same reason. I would appreciate some help with this. Thank you.
    Attached Files

  • #2
    Originally posted by LewisM View Post
    I have uploaded these photos, but gotten 'too much or too little contrast. I have progressively increased contrast on the photo, but all were rejected for the same reason. I would appreciate some help with this. Thank you.
    Image has already been appealed (and rejected).

    When you get a chance, please read here:

    https://forums.jetphotos.com/forum/a...ning-from-crew

    The idea is to ask for help before appealing

    Comment


    • #3
      Hi there, I would appreciate any feedback on the following photo I intend to upload to JetPhotos. Thanks a lot.
      (Sorry for initially not reading the rules, I understand it all now. I know there is a limit of 5 photos per 24h, but seeing as they were in the queue I'm assuming they don't count)

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4533.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	566.0 KB
ID:	1086398

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by LewisM View Post
        Hi there, I would appreciate any feedback on the following photo I intend to upload to JetPhotos. Thanks a lot.
        (Sorry for initially not reading the rules, I understand it all now. I know there is a limit of 5 photos per 24h, but seeing as they were in the queue I'm assuming they don't count)

        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4533.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	566.0 KB
ID:	1086398
        This would be rejected for soft.

        Comment


        • #5
          Hi, thanks for the advice. I've changed the sharpening settings a bit, do you think this looks better, or is the photo itself just too soft? Thank you.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4533-3.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	487.9 KB
ID:	1086407

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by LewisM View Post
            Hi, thanks for the advice. I've changed the sharpening settings a bit, do you think this looks better, or is the photo itself just too soft? Thank you.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4533-3.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	487.9 KB
ID:	1086407
            Slightly better, but still too soft unfortunately.

            Comment


            • #7
              Thanks for the last reply, I'd appreciate a bit of feedback on the following photo:
              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4269-2.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	458.0 KB
ID:	1086464

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by LewisM View Post
                Thanks for the last reply, I'd appreciate a bit of feedback on the following photo:
                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4269-2.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	458.0 KB
ID:	1086464
                Soft, and seems to be a dark circle/area right in the middle of the frame. Not sure if the latter is a natural effect, or some oof object in the frame/processing artifact.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Hi guys,

                  I had this photo rejected for vignetting. I applied some anti-vignette, but when I click on 'check for dust', I get the following:

                  Click image for larger version

Name:	5.PNG
Views:	20
Size:	201.8 KB
ID:	1093641

                  Original photo:

                  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5371-2.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	543.9 KB
ID:	1093642
                  Is the dark central area on the 'check for dust' photo normal? On the actual photo I don't see any change in exposure in the centre. Also, is the vignetting on the corners significant enough for rejection?

                  Thank you.

                  (Note: this photo is not currently in the queue).

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by LewisM View Post
                    Hi guys,

                    I had this photo rejected for vignetting. I applied some anti-vignette, but when I click on 'check for dust', I get the following:

                    Click image for larger version

Name:	5.PNG
Views:	20
Size:	201.8 KB
ID:	1093641

                    Original photo:

                    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5371-2.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	543.9 KB
ID:	1093642
                    Is the dark central area on the 'check for dust' photo normal? On the actual photo I don't see any change in exposure in the centre. Also, is the vignetting on the corners significant enough for rejection?

                    Thank you.

                    (Note: this photo is not currently in the queue).
                    That was too much correction and also slightly visible on the original photo. Chances for acceptance are 50:50 IMO
                    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X