Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-Screening by Roland 74

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pre-Screening by Roland 74

    Hello

    I reacted to a picture that was rejected and wrote back.
    The picture is a Swiss HB-JHB in the start.
    Very similar to this picture, https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9639897

    I didn't get a response from JP to my reaction, but the image disappeared in the list of rejected images.
    In my database the picture is also not to be found
    Can someone tell me exactly what the problem is? Thanks

    Roland
    Regards Roland


    rfotomoments.com
    Instagram > art_of_aviation_photography

  • #2
    Originally posted by Roland74 View Post
    Hello

    I reacted to a picture that was rejected and wrote back.
    The picture is a Swiss HB-JHB in the start.
    Very similar to this picture, https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9639897

    I didn't get a response from JP to my reaction, but the image disappeared in the list of rejected images.
    In my database the picture is also not to be found
    Can someone tell me exactly what the problem is? Thanks

    Roland
    I think we noticed this too. Someone was supposed to have replied to you, but if not, please post a version of the rejected image here, and we can discuss it.

    Comment


    • #3
      Hello

      It's about this picture, http://www.rfotomoments.ch/mygalleries/Test/HB-JHB1.jpg

      The reason for the rejection was horizon and exposure.

      I have reacted to the rejection that I find no error in the horizon (see this link)
      http://www.rfotomoments.ch/mygalleries/Test/HB-JHB.jpg

      That the exposure should actually be ok.

      I did not receive an answer to these arguments, but the picture disappeared in this catalogue after 24 hours.

      Regards Roland
      Regards Roland


      rfotomoments.com
      Instagram > art_of_aviation_photography

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Roland74 View Post
        Hello

        It's about this picture, http://www.rfotomoments.ch/mygalleries/Test/HB-JHB1.jpg

        The reason for the rejection was horizon and exposure.

        I have reacted to the rejection that I find no error in the horizon (see this link)
        http://www.rfotomoments.ch/mygalleries/Test/HB-JHB.jpg

        That the exposure should actually be ok.

        I did not receive an answer to these arguments, but the picture disappeared in this catalogue after 24 hours.

        Regards Roland
        If I recall from our discussion on the senior crew, it was added on appeal, but there appears to have been a system error. You can put it in the queue and let me know, and I'll add it.

        Comment


        • #5
          Hello

          I uploaded the picture, it has the number Queue ID.8003907

          Thanks for your support
          Regards Roland


          rfotomoments.com
          Instagram > art_of_aviation_photography

          Comment


          • #6
            It's now in the db

            Comment


            • #7
              Hello JP-Team


              This morning a picture was rejected, the screener gave me a hint how to edit the picture to make it ok for the DB.

              https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8773863


              My question now is if the new picture is ok?

              http://www.rfotomoments.ch/mygalleri...ur10.01.21.jpg


              Thank you for your support
              Regards Roland


              rfotomoments.com
              Instagram > art_of_aviation_photography

              Comment


              • #8
                Hello,

                Please read here when you get the chance, especially #4:

                https://forums.jetphotos.com/forum/a...ning-from-crew

                In the future please continue to use this thread; any new threads opened will simply be deleted.

                Originally posted by Roland74 View Post

                This morning a picture was rejected, the screener gave me a hint how to edit the picture to make it ok for the DB.

                https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8773863

                My question now is if the new picture is ok?

                http://www.rfotomoments.ch/mygalleri...ur10.01.21.jpg
                Contrast is somewhat improved, but I would still consider it borderline due to the cloudy/overcast conditions.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Hello

                  Thanks for the note, could you possibly change the title for me "Pre-Screening by Roland 74"

                  I have edited the image again and uploaded it.


                  Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                  Hello,

                  Please read here when you get the chance, especially #4:

                  https://forums.jetphotos.com/forum/a...ning-from-crew

                  In the future please continue to use this thread; any new threads opened will simply be deleted.
                  Regards Roland


                  rfotomoments.com
                  Instagram > art_of_aviation_photography

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Hello

                    I would like to ask you if there is a way to make the picture acceptable with the tower as a whole (not cropped). Or is this only possible with big aeroplanes because they have less image material at the edge. I was refused a picture today for this reason, so wanted to ask here now for possibilities.

                    Thank you

                    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8777425

                    Regards Roland


                    rfotomoments.com
                    Instagram > art_of_aviation_photography

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Hey there! I'm not a screener but just wanted to offer my opinion. I think that the crop may be too wide and to make it acceptable you must crop tighter and make the aircraft the main subject. The photo is also not centered well so may need adjusting before reupload.

                      As this is only my opinion, you should wait for screeners to give their thoughts on it as well.

                      Hope this helps a bit!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I know JP's rules of what a picture has to look like in order for it to be accepted. I think it's a shame when you see the tower cut off very often in the pictures. There may be a little room for creativity. Hence my question to the team.

                        Perhaps there is room for such images simply under other options (airport, tower, etc.)
                        Last edited by Roland74; 2021-01-11, 14:14.
                        Regards Roland


                        rfotomoments.com
                        Instagram > art_of_aviation_photography

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Roland74 View Post
                          I know JP's rules of what a picture has to look like in order for it to be accepted. I think it's a shame when you see the tower cut off very often in the pictures. There may be a little room for creativity. Hence my question to the team.

                          Perhaps there is room for such images simply under other options (airport, tower, etc.)
                          No idea why you didn't just go with a 4:3 crop.. looks nearly acceptable to me like that:

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	42216_1609864758.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	528.2 KB
ID:	1106899

                          Probably work better with an aircraft that's a bit longer, but you get the point.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

                            No idea why you didn't just go with a 4:3 crop.. looks nearly acceptable to me like that:


                            Probably work better with an aircraft that's a bit longer, but you get the point.

                            Thanks for your advice, I will try my luck.
                            Last edited by Roland74; 2021-01-11, 21:41.
                            Regards Roland


                            rfotomoments.com
                            Instagram > art_of_aviation_photography

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Hello I have 2 questions

                              Question 1
                              I would like to have 3 images on the JP database.

                              https://www.jetphotos.com/showphotos...S&userid=57220

                              http://www.rfotomoments.ch/mygalleries/Test/A6-EES.jpg

                              http://www.rfotomoments.ch/mygalleries/Test/A6-EES1.jpg

                              Are the new two accepted?

                              Question 2

                              http://www.rfotomoments.ch/mygalleries/Test/A6-EES.jpg

                              I have straightened this picture horizontally, but the tower of the church still seems crooked to me, what is your opinion.

                              Thank you for the help.
                              Roland




                              Regards Roland


                              rfotomoments.com
                              Instagram > art_of_aviation_photography

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X