Pre-Screening by Roland 74

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roland74 View Post
    These (two) would be rejected for similar.

Question 2

I have straightened this picture horizontally, but the tower of the church still seems crooked to me, what is your opinion.
    Needs CCW rotation, but as stated above is similar to the other so would be rejected regardless.

Comment

Hello JP-Team

Last night, unfortunately, this photo was rejected
      JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

The following reasons were given
      "Similar photo uploaded"

I looked at JP's database before uploading the image, in the process I came to the conclusion.
      -The text to the first image is different
      -The plane that is approaching leaves other lines in the sky
      -The moon has come out in this picture

I have an example here that I looked at.
      Ramp during WEF 2018 @ ZRH.. LSZH. Airport. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Ramp during WEF 2019 at LSZH. LSZH. Airport. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Basically it is also 2 same images?
      Sometimes the judgments you choose are harsh, but especially in this example I think you could discuss
      it in the screening team. My picture is creative, has a statement and I think it might deserve a chance.
      Unfortunately, I have not yet received a response to my complaint.

You make a great jop and are also very helpful, this text is NOT meant to be a criticism!!!

Regards Roland

Regards Roland

rfotomoments.com
      Instagram > art_of_aviation_photography

Comment

The rejected photo is depicting a ramp. It is the same ramp from more or less the same angle with the same framing as https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9263033.
        My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Hello JP-Team

Last night, unfortunately, this photo was rejected
          JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

The following reasons were given
          "Similar photo uploaded"

I looked at JP's database before uploading the image, in the process I came to the conclusion.
          -The text to the first image is different
          -The plane that is approaching leaves other lines in the sky
          -The moon has come out in this picture
          Let's stop and apply that logic a bit.. first 'different aircraft' is irrelevant since it's just a light trail, so really you're arguing since the text in lights is different it should not be similar. In that case, how many do you think you should be able to upload? Another on with "LX4ever!"? Then why not "I love CH"? And how about "JP rules!"? I hope you get the point. For the same reason we only allow one image per side of an aircraft - we need to draw the line somewhere. Otherwise people will certainly try to take advantage and upload as many similar images as they can, which doesn't benefit the DB in any measurable way.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Let's stop and apply that logic a bit.. first 'different aircraft' is irrelevant since it's just a light trail, so really you're arguing since the text in lights is different it should not be similar. In that case, how many do you think you should be able to upload? Another on with "LX4ever!"? Then why not "I love CH"? And how about "JP rules!"? I hope you get the point. For the same reason we only allow one image per side of an aircraft - we need to draw the line somewhere. Otherwise people will certainly try to take advantage and upload as many similar images as they can, which doesn't benefit the DB in any measurable way.
            Hello You can look at the whole thing either way, if I look at the text " 2014" or "I ❤️ ZRH" as registration the whole thing looks a little different. But this is theoretically so, I just looked at the text as registration, on this reason I have also uploaded the image. But it's ok the way it is, even though I think it's a pity.
            Last edited by Roland74; 2021-01-26, 18:59.
            Regards Roland

rfotomoments.com

Comment

Hello Screening Team

I just have a question about CMOS Dust spots.

When I search my images for spots I create a layer in PS with tone correction , then I move the sliders until the spots become visible.
              But after uploading to JP, the preview of JP keeps finding more spots once in a while.
              My question now, with which parameters you work so? Or is there another possibility?

Thanks
              Regards Roland

rfotomoments.com

Comment

Hello Screening Team

When I search my images for spots I create a layer in PS with tone correction , then I move the sliders until the spots become visible.
                But after uploading to JP, the preview of JP keeps finding more spots once in a while.
                My question now, with which parameters you work so? Or is there another possibility?

Thanks
                IŽm not screener, but I can give you a good tip, if you upload a photo you can open the check for dust, and drag that image to the desk, next you open both images in PS, 2 layers. The check for dust one over the photo, and then selecting the layer 2 (original edited shot) where you will be removing the dust spots, for finish just delate the layer 1 (C.F.D) and save it.. upload it again and if you did well youŽll see the magic

Regars!
                Pablo Gonzalez de Leon.

Comment

Hello Screening Team

Thanks
                  As a rule of thumb: As we know, that our tool is far stronger than the usual photo editor tricks, the dust spots have to be visible on the original photo to be a rejection reason.
                  My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Hello Screening Team

I had the opportunity to work with a 600mm lens 2 years ago.
                    Now I wanted various images with more details.
                    Is this image ok for the database, and if no what would I have to do differently.

Thanks for the support
                    Regards Roland

rfotomoments.com

Comment

Hello Screening Team

I had the opportunity to work with a 600mm lens 2 years ago.
                      Now I wanted various images with more details.
                      Is this image ok for the database, and if no what would I have to do differently.

Thanks for the support
                      Very likely a rejection for contrast. Shooting in better light conditions would help this.

Comment

Working...
                      X