James Dinsdale - Pre-Screening/Editing Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning,

Any advise on this photo, particularly the horizon, where would the average screener look to judge?

Cheers
    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesDC152 View Post
      Morning,

Any advise on this photo, particularly the horizon, where would the average screener look to judge?

Cheers
      Horizon looks acceptable; vertical references in the background are typically used. Image is noisy, soft/blurry, and poorly contrasted, however.

Comment

• Evening,

Just out of curiosity, how is the helicopter supposed to be appropriately framed? I had this rejected with the main cabin/cockpit central according to the centering tool. Can't really move the crop laterally without chopping off a small amount of the blade

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Cheers

Apologies for previous thread post.

Comment

Evening,

Just out of curiosity, how is the helicopter supposed to be appropriately framed? I had this rejected with the main cabin/cockpit central according to the centering tool. Can't really move the crop laterally without chopping off a small amount of the blade

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Cheers

Apologies for previous thread post.
          Not trying to be curt, but as it says here (again)

if you've already appealed, we generally don't comment any further. If you were unable to receive the comments left by the person who handled the appeal, I can relay those.

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Not trying to be curt, but as it says here (again)

https://forums.jetphotos.com/forum/a...ning-from-crew

if you've already appealed, we generally don't comment any further. If you were unable to receive the comments left by the person who handled the appeal, I can relay those.
            I'm asking for advice regarding the centering of helicopters, I appealed based on the feeling that the helicopter main cabin was in the central part of the photo. That was rejected and so I'm now asking for help in how you see the preferred way of centering a photo of a helicopter at the angle that my photo was taken from?

Comment

I'm asking for advice regarding the centering of helicopters, I appealed based on the feeling that the helicopter main cabin was in the central part of the photo. That was rejected and so I'm now asking for help in how you see the preferred way of centering a photo of a helicopter at the angle that my photo was taken from?
              I'm not a screener but I agree with the rejection, that helicopter is not vertically centered, here I think you should not center base on the middle of main body, instead the whole body from landing skid to rotor mast and for the underexpose in the histogram in the right there was barely a graph value. Again next time please come here if you think you don't agree with the rejection first before appealing as what Dana said

Comment

• Can a screener let me know which categories were wrong or missing, as I selected small prop and night shot. This air frame is already in the database as a small prop so that is why I ticked that, and night shot because of the yellow glow taken at 5pm cheers!

Comment

Can a screener let me know which categories were wrong or missing, as I selected small prop and night shot. This air frame is already in the database as a small prop so that is why I ticked that, and night shot because of the yellow glow taken at 5pm cheers!

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=9615204
                  Not small prop as it can seat more than 10. Next time use aircraft info/data forum, not digital editing please.

Comment

• Morning, would this trigger an "obstruction" reject

Cheers!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Morning, would this trigger an "obstruction" reject

Cheers!
                      Yes.

Comment

• Afternoon,

Wondering if this has enough light on the AC to not be considered backlit?

Cheers Click image for larger version

Name:	CATH 747 16 x 12-3281.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	568.2 KB
ID:	1137312

Comment

Afternoon,

Cheers Click image for larger version

Name:	CATH 747 16 x 12-3281.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	568.2 KB
ID:	1137312
                          Not a screener but I'd say borderline at best imo.

Comment

Afternoon,

Yes, since the tail is mostly in shadow likely that it would be considered backlit.

Comment

• I've edited this since its contrast rejection - any better?
                              Attached Files

Comment

I've edited this since its contrast rejection - any better?
                                Still borderline dark/contrast.

Comment

Working...
                                X