Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fsxguy - prescreening request / editing advice

Hi JetPhotos team,

After getting tons of pictures rejected, I am finally here to seek some advice. The only issues which I feel with the attached that may cause a problem is with the sky being oversaturated. It would be great if I could get some advice on this picture.

Thanks
    Attached Files

Hi, please read here when you get the chance, #6 in particular:

https://forums.jetphotos.com/forum/a...ning-from-crew

Can't offer definitive advice on an image you won't be able to actually submit.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Hi, please read here when you get the chance, #6 in particular:

https://forums.jetphotos.com/forum/a...ning-from-crew

Can't offer definitive advice on an image you won't be able to actually submit.
      Hi, I never said I don't plan to upload this image. By "tons of pictures getting rejected" I meant my uploads on previous uploads on JetPhotos before I found out about this forum. I do plan to upload this image after getting some prescreening advice on this Virgin Atlantic A330.

Hope this clears the confusion.

Comment

Originally posted by fsxguy View Post

Hi, I never said I don't plan to upload this image. By "tons of pictures getting rejected" I meant my uploads on previous uploads on JetPhotos before I found out about this forum. I do plan to upload this image after getting some prescreening advice on this Virgin Atlantic A330.

As mentioned above we can’t give prescreening advice on a photo you will not be able to upload. If you want to know, how to process this photo to get an acceptable result, maybe someone else can give you some advice.
        My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

This image is 3267pix. You cannot upload larger than 1280pix without permission, and even then 1920pix is the largest allowable...thus, you won't be able to actually submit this image.

Comment

Apologies for creating any confusion. I would like to upload this image and would like prescreening advice, I have brought it down to 1280pix as mentioned above.
            Attached Files

Comment

Apologies for creating any confusion. I would like to upload this image and would like prescreening advice, I have brought it down to 1280pix as mentioned above.
              I see three issues; contrast (weak light), color (magenta cast), and sharpening (too much in this case). The latter two should be relatively easy to fix, though the former will be tricky as it's not an editing issues as much as the poor light conditions at the time you were shooting.

Comment

I have tried to fix the above mentioned issues. Here is the edit.
                Attached Files

Comment

I have tried to fix the above mentioned issues. Here is the edit.
                  Contrast still very poor. As I said, likely not fixable.

Comment

Yeah it seems so that way, thank you for your help. Here is one another picture, please see.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Yeah it seems so that way, thank you for your help. Here is one another picture, please see.
                      Centering, and just a liiiiitttle bit of a magenta cast. Sky often that color where you are?

Comment

Corrected the centering and the magenta cast. Oh the sky, I think I am making it that way in editing. I have made it less saturated if it looks better and more natural now. New Delhi's skies are never like that
                        Attached Files

Comment

Corrected the centering and the magenta cast. Oh the sky, I think I am making it that way in editing. I have made it less saturated if it looks better and more natural now. New Delhi's skies are never like that
                          Ummm... yeah, that color is not corrected at all. If you think so, you'll need to check your monitor settings, or something else, as the white balance is nowhere near normal.

Comment

I'll surely have a look at it or maybe it is me that I am not making appropriate adjustments. How does this one look, and sorry for the spam today
                            One more thing (I don't know if I can ask this), does the sky color matter while screening or more emphasis is on the aircraft?
                            Attached Files

Comment

I'll surely have a look at it or maybe it is me that I am not making appropriate adjustments. How does this one look, and sorry for the spam today
                              One more thing (I don't know if I can ask this), does the sky color matter while screening or more emphasis is on the aircraft?
                              Sorry, but that looks terrible. Do you think that's anywhere near a realistic depiction of the sky? If so, back to my comments above, you need to adjust your monitor, or something else, because trust me, nowhere on this planet would that be considered normal. As the whole frame (including the sky) is considered during screening, if you submitted that, it would 100% be rejected for color.

Comment

Working...
                              X