Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MQ1131 - Prescreening / Editing Advice

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MQ1131 - Prescreening / Editing Advice

    Click image for larger version

Name:	N878FD.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	508.0 KB
ID:	1087874When I upload this photo, I got a rejection for Bad Composition and Part of aircraft cut off.
    I understand the bad composition is the centering, the fuselage is lower then the center.
    I edited it again, can someone help me fix part of aircraft cut off. Thank you!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	N878FD.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	520.8 KB
ID:	1087875

  • #2
    Originally posted by MQ1131 View Post
    Click image for larger version  Name:	N878FD.jpg Views:	20 Size:	508.0 KB ID:	1087874When I upload this photo, I got a rejection for Bad Composition and Part of aircraft cut off.
    I understand the bad composition is the centering, the fuselage is lower then the center.
    I edited it again, can someone help me fix part of aircraft cut off. Thank you!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	N878FD.jpg Views:	18 Size:	520.8 KB ID:	1087875
    I suggest you to cut main gears off but save engine and winglet. But just upload one of them or you will be rejected as similar

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by MQ1131 View Post
      When I upload this photo, I got a rejection for Bad Composition and Part of aircraft cut off.
      I understand the bad composition is the centering, the fuselage is lower then the center.
      I edited it again, can someone help me fix part of aircraft cut off. Thank you!
      The problem is the crop is too wide to be considered a 'close up'. You'll need to either include the whole aircraft, or crop much closer to the nose for this to work.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by NYspotter View Post

        I suggest you to cut main gears off but save engine and winglet. But just upload one of them or you will be rejected as similar
        Great advice!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

          The problem is the crop is too wide to be considered a 'close up'. You'll need to either include the whole aircraft, or crop much closer to the nose for this to work.
          Thank you so much for helping out here! I guess I will crop out the main gear, only leave nose and engine in the frame.

          Comment


          • #6
            Click image for larger version

Name:	JA863J.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	615.0 KB
ID:	1088015Click image for larger version

Name:	N774CK.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	611.3 KB
ID:	1088016
            Click image for larger version

Name:	A6-APE.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	714.3 KB
ID:	1088017

            Hello! I would like to get some advice about my photos.

            #1 what is the chance that this one to be considered as Dark / Underexposed or Too little contrast? If so, what is the chance to fix it?

            #2 my concern of this one is backlit and bad color (blue tone in the shadow)

            #3 this is a dusk shot, any advice on it?

            Thanks for your time in advance!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by MQ1131 View Post
              Click image for larger version

Name:	JA863J.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	615.0 KB
ID:	1088015Click image for larger version

Name:	N774CK.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	611.3 KB
ID:	1088016
              Click image for larger version

Name:	A6-APE.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	714.3 KB
ID:	1088017

              Hello! I would like to get some advice about my photos.

              #1 what is the chance that this one to be considered as Dark / Underexposed or Too little contrast? If so, what is the chance to fix it?

              #2 my concern of this one is backlit and bad color (blue tone in the shadow)

              #3 this is a dusk shot, any advice on it?

              Thanks for your time in advance!
              1. I think contrast might be a issue. I would like to try to use dehaze.
              2. Maybe you can try to use shadow..? This is a way sometimes I do.
              3. on my PS it shows main gear is a little bit dark, I think it is ok. But as for me, I prefer to put a little bit more light on it. Just remember to select night shot and special scheme

              But anyway, I am not a screener, and those are just my opinions.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by MQ1131 View Post
                Hello! I would like to get some advice about my photos.
                1. Contrast is an issue. It does not look fixable.
                2. Image is soft. Color is fine.
                3. Also soft.

                Originally posted by NYspotter View Post
                ...I would like to try to use dehaze...Maybe you can try to use shadow..? This is a way sometimes I do.
                I would strongly recommend you NOT use either of these tools, as they are the most common causes of overprocessing rejections

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

                  1. Contrast is an issue. It does not look fixable.
                  2. Image is soft. Color is fine.
                  3. Also soft.



                  I would strongly recommend you NOT use either of these tools, as they are the most common causes of overprocessing rejections
                  Thanks for reminding me Mr. Low, but honestly this was why I always got over processing rejections when I uploaded photos with sky as background. Right now I never use highlight and shadows on those kind of photos. I just use those 2 tools when I have some photos with ground as background. But anyway, thanks again for your reminder.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                    1. Contrast is an issue. It does not look fixable. 2. Image is soft. Color is fine. 3. Also soft.
                    I would strongly recommend you NOT use either of these tools, as they are the most common causes of overprocessing rejections
                    Great help! I will just let the first one go and see if I can fix the soft issue.
                    Your suggestion also confirmed my doubt about tools like dehaze. Those would really make photo looks unnatural.
                    Thank you again!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Hi guys, can I have some advice on these please?
                      #1 last time when I upload this pic. It got underexposed, blurry, and horizontal unlevel. I am sure it is not blurry. how about others?
                      #2 and #3 are in a pretty similar case, overcast conditions. my question is what is the chance that #2 or #3 be rejected as low contrast?
                      #4 Haven't try close-up like this before, any suggestion?
                      #5 How is this look like?

                      One more question, would you guys prefer full-size photos in the post or as attachments like this?

                      Thank you very much in advance!
                      Attached Files

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by MQ1131 View Post
                        Hi guys, can I have some advice on these please?
                        #1 last time when I upload this pic. It got underexposed, blurry, and horizontal unlevel. I am sure it is not blurry. how about others?
                        #2 and #3 are in a pretty similar case, overcast conditions. my question is what is the chance that #2 or #3 be rejected as low contrast?
                        #4 Haven't try close-up like this before, any suggestion?
                        #5 How is this look like?

                        One more question, would you guys prefer full-size photos in the post or as attachments like this?

                        Thank you very much in advance!
                        1. borderline soft
                        2-3 contrast, dirty
                        4. dirty, vignetting, borderline dark
                        5. dirty, soft, borderline heat haze

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Hello guys! I wanna know your advice on these three pics.
                          Generally, my concern is possible blurry for #1 and #2, also possible softness on #3
                          Attached Files

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by MQ1131 View Post
                            Hello guys! I wanna know your advice on these three pics.
                            Generally, my concern is possible blurry for #1 and #2, also possible softness on #3
                            Yes, all are soft, and perhaps even some blur on the first.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

                              Yes, all are soft, and perhaps even some blur on the first.
                              Thank you very much!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X