No announcement yet.

MQ1131 - Prescreening / Editing Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recently had trouble cropping a take-off shot.
    Just wanna know what's works best for JetPhoto standard, Thank you in advance!

#1 cropping out partial wings on both sides, makes it a close up shot.
    #2 standard full body shot, my concern is if the fuselage is not occupying enough area.
    #3 kind of standard full body shot, with non-essential side wings cutting out.

ps: haven't done any other post-process, so expected to have eg. dirty dust
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MQ1131 View Post
      I recently had trouble cropping a take-off shot.
      Just wanna know what's works best for JetPhoto standard, Thank you in advance!

#1 cropping out partial wings on both sides, makes it a close up shot.
      #2 standard full body shot, my concern is if the fuselage is not occupying enough area.
      #3 kind of standard full body shot, with non-essential side wings cutting out.

ps: haven't done any other post-process, so expected to have eg. dirty dust
      I for one would go with 2 or 3.
      My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

I need some help on cropping and composition. In some cases, I cut the winglet then it got rejected for partial cut off, and sometimes I keep the whole wing, it got bad composition.
        So as for this photo, am I on the right track of cutting part of the wing? Do I need to cut more wing/vertical stabilizer?
        And any potential sharpness issues for this one?
        Thank you in advance!
        Attached Files

Comment

I need some help on cropping and composition. In some cases, I cut the winglet then it got rejected for partial cut off, and sometimes I keep the whole wing, it got bad composition.
          So as for this photo, am I on the right track of cutting part of the wing? Do I need to cut more wing/vertical stabilizer?
          And any potential sharpness issues for this one?
          Thank you in advance!
          Subjective, but crop feels a little awkward to me.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Subjective, but crop feels a little awkward to me.
            Thanks! Now I cropped out part of the vertical stabilizer, is it looking better?
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks! Now I cropped out part of the vertical stabilizer, is it looking better?
              Personally, no. I'm not a fan of any cropping at this angle, but that's just my (subjective) point of view.

Comment

I had a possiblely wrong upload rejection and appeal rejection due to a misleading building.

I found out the white building(MLC Centre) next to sydney tower, has a misleading outline may caused the rejection. If you cross compared the left most line of the MLC Centre and right most line, you can see they are not parallel at all. One of them must be not vertical to the ground. When you check my reference line on the nearby building (eg. Sydney Tower), it's easy to tell that the rest of the buildings outline are aligned with my vertical reference lines.

This was really tricky one to spot as your offical tool has a vertical line right on the misleading sides of the building.
                Cheers!

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!
                Attached Files

Comment

I had a possiblely wrong upload rejection and appeal rejection due to a misleading building.

I found out the white building(MLC Centre) next to sydney tower, has a misleading outline may caused the rejection. If you cross compared the left most line of the MLC Centre and right most line, you can see they are not parallel at all. One of them must be not vertical to the ground. When you check my reference line on the nearby building (eg. Sydney Tower), it's easy to tell that the rest of the buildings outline are aligned with my vertical reference lines.

This was really tricky one to spot as your offical tool has a vertical line right on the misleading sides of the building.
                  Cheers!

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8405557
                  Image has already been appealed, not sure what you are expecting by posting here.

Comment

Image has already been appealed, not sure what you are expecting by posting here.
                    Hi, dlowwa. Thanks for your reply. My appeal was rejected earlier for not presenting enough proofs to back my point. However, I wasn't able to appeal on the same pic twice. Can you have a look on that? Thanks!

Comment

Hi, dlowwa. Thanks for your reply. My appeal was rejected earlier for not presenting enough proofs to back my point. However, I wasn't able to appeal on the same pic twice. Can you have a look on that? Thanks!
                      I think you missed the point..if you don't agree with a rejection, come here first for advice. Once an appeal has been processed, I will no longer get involved. That is clearly mentioned here, so you might want to give it another read:

Comment

I think you missed the point..if you don't agree with a rejection, come here first for advice. Once an appeal has been processed, I will no longer get involved. That is clearly mentioned here, so you might want to give it another read:

https://forums.jetphotos.com/forum/a...ning-from-crew
                        Thanks for your suggestions! Just did another read of that post. I did miss that part of words in particular. Well I guess this is the end of this upload. I may have to re-upload it again.

Would you suggest me to add additional comments to a new upload of same photo to avoid screener getting misled by this unparallel building outlines or there is a chance to actually improve it by post processing?
                        Cheers!

Comment

Question before upload it again,

Any potential horizontal unlevel issue? How to fix this?

Cheers!
                          Attached Files

Comment

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I got this one rejected for Horizon unlevel andJPG compression artefacts.

I checked equalized photo, haven't spot siginificant compression artifiact. They usually have very obvioius mosaic blocks on the sky. I would like to know what could I improve because I always output it at maximum quality(12).
                            I also pulled a few references line as shown below, not too sure about why this is unlevel. They all looks good. If I have to say there is something could be done better is to cwc about 0.05 degree.

On the other hands, I do reco the heat distortion is borderline.

I would like to have any advice on editing. Thank you in advance.
                            Attached Files

Comment

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8429060
                              I got this one rejected for Horizon unlevel andJPG compression artefacts.

I checked equalized photo, haven't spot siginificant compression artifiact. They usually have very obvioius mosaic blocks on the sky. I would like to know what could I improve because I always output it at maximum quality(12).
                              I also pulled a few references line as shown below, not too sure about why this is unlevel. They all looks good. If I have to say there is something could be done better is to cwc about 0.05 degree.

On the other hands, I do reco the heat distortion is borderline.

I would like to have any advice on editing. Thank you in advance.
                              I would appeal it. There isn't much you can loose here and the photo has a chance to be accepted on appeal.
                              My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post

I would appeal it. There isn't much you can loose here and the photo has a chance to be accepted on appeal.
                                Thank you for your valued opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X