KrisHertfelder - prescreening request / editing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KrisHertfelder - prescreening request / editing advice

Greetings, I'm just curious if these pictures would be worth to add to the queue, or if they need further editing...

Thank you in advance and stay safe!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	TC-JJV.jpg Views:	0 Size:	451.7 KB ID:	1088337Click image for larger version  Name:	D-ALFF.jpg Views:	0 Size:	489.9 KB ID:	1088338Click image for larger version  Name:	D-AALJ.jpg Views:	0 Size:	441.2 KB ID:	1088339Click image for larger version  Name:	D-ALCK.jpg Views:	0 Size:	460.4 KB ID:	1088340Click image for larger version  Name:	A6-DDB hinten.jpg Views:	0 Size:	444.0 KB ID:	1088341

Originally posted by KrisHertfelder View Post
    Greetings, I'm just curious if these pictures would be worth to add to the queue, or if they need further editing...

Thank you in advance and stay safe!
    Click image for larger version Name:	TC-JJV.jpg Views:	0 Size:	451.7 KB ID:	1088337Click image for larger version Name:	D-ALFF.jpg Views:	0 Size:	489.9 KB ID:	1088338Click image for larger version Name:	D-AALJ.jpg Views:	0 Size:	441.2 KB ID:	1088339Click image for larger version Name:	D-ALCK.jpg Views:	0 Size:	460.4 KB ID:	1088340Click image for larger version Name:	A6-DDB hinten.jpg Views:	0 Size:	444.0 KB ID:	1088341
    My opinion is, they are a little bit dark. It would be better if you use exposure to make them lighter. That is what I can tell for now. I am not sure about the sharpening and dust spots. You may need to wait for someone else.

Comment

Hmm okay, but they look kind of weird as soon as i pump up the exposure... but Thank you anyways! Yeah the dust spots are easily removable.

Comment

Hmm okay, but they look kind of weird as soon as i pump up the exposure... but Thank you anyways! Yeah the dust spots are easily removable.
        Please ignore the first reply, as exposure is fine for these images. The only issue is there are editing halos visible, so they will almost certainly be rejected for overprocessed.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Please ignore the first reply, as exposure is fine for these images. The only issue is there are editing halos visible, so they will almost certainly be rejected for overprocessed.
          Okay, thank you very much!

Comment

Good Evening everybody,

i recently posted a thread for a prescreening request and got a reject reason for visible halos, which is indeed correct.

But still I dont really know how to fix this kind of problem in Lightroom itself. These halos only appear as soon as the background sky is full blue, without any clouds etc...

Following you will see a picture edited and a picture raw, right from my SD-Card... and I realized that it looks like there are halos on the unedited picture aswell, or am I just stupid?
            As an information what kind of equipment I use, I use an Nikon D500 as an camera body... Am I using the wrong settings? If anyone has a clue don't hesitate to type it down...

This picture is from my SD-Card:
            Click image for larger version  Name:	LH Cargo raw.jpg Views:	0 Size:	495.3 KB ID:	1088406

This is with small ajustments..
            Click image for larger version  Name:	LH Cargo edited.jpg Views:	0 Size:	489.9 KB ID:	1088407

Greetings and thank you in advance

Kris Hertfelder

Editorial note:
            I checked my Camera settings and it appears to be, that I shot these images on an Automatic Whitebalance setting. Should I use a Sunlight whitebalance setting instead? Could this solve the problem of halos on the unedited version?

Comment

Halos are visible in both, which means likely in-camera settings. In that case, try turning off the 'D-Lighting' feature, and see if that doesn't get rid of them.

Comment

I did check on my settings, D-Lighting was turned off, so that can not be the issue... does the "Picture Control Config" change the appearance? Current setting is on SD=(Standard) and with changed options in the subsettings: "Sharpening 3.00" and "Detailcontrast +1.00"

Comment

I did check on my settings, D-Lighting was turned off, so that can not be the issue... does the "Picture Control Config" change the appearance? Current setting is on SD=(Standard) and with changed options in the subsettings: "Sharpening 3.00" and "Detailcontrast +1.00"
                  Probably not. These kinds of halos usually result from settings that affect highlights or shadows (D-lighting usually boosting shadows for example). If you can't find one specific setting that seems the likely culprit, set everything to 0 and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Probably not. These kinds of halos usually result from settings that affect highlights or shadows (D-lighting usually boosting shadows for example). If you can't find one specific setting that seems the likely culprit, set everything to 0 and see what happens.

Hmm okay, I found out using the neutral configuration might be the best. Because on SD settings Clarity is slightly boosted, this might cause some halos, but I'm not sure. I'll give it a try.

Anyways, how can I fix the pictures I've already shot? I mean, they have halos on the unedited version, is it possible to remove them? I am honestly kind of disappointed now and clueless...

Comment

Hmm okay, I found out using the neutral configuration might be the best. Because on SD settings Clarity is slightly boosted, this might cause some halos, but I'm not sure.
                      'Clarity' settings are well known to cause such halos.

Anyways, how can I fix the pictures I've already shot? I mean, they have halos on the unedited version, is it possible to remove them?
                      If you have the RAW files, it will be easy enough to reprocess them with the affected settings removed. If you only have the jpegs produced in camera, there is no way to remove the halos and you will need to accept these images won't be uploadable here.

Comment

Hello another request,

since my last prescreening request I made some testing. Now I am curious if these pictures would be well edited enough to get accepted...

Click image for larger version

Name:	D-AALB.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	352.4 KB
ID:	1088932Click image for larger version

Name:	N702DN.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	448.8 KB
ID:	1088933Click image for larger version

Name:	N17002.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	497.9 KB
ID:	1088934

Thanks

Kris Hertfelder

Comment

Hello another request,

since my last prescreening request I made some testing. Now I am curious if these pictures would be well edited enough to get accepted...

Name:	D-AALB.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	352.4 KB
ID:	1088932Click image for larger version

Name:	N702DN.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	448.8 KB
ID:	1088933Click image for larger version

Name:	N17002.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	497.9 KB
ID:	1088934

Thanks

Kris Hertfelder
                          These would all be rejected for being underexposed.

Comment

Okay, I've changed one of them a bit. But honestly they look kind of overexposed to me, maybe it's just my screen. I dont know... what do you think about it?

Name:	N708DN.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	450.1 KB
ID:	1088946

Comment

Okay, I've changed one of them a bit. But honestly they look kind of overexposed to me, maybe it's just my screen. I dont know... what do you think about it?

Name:	N708DN.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	450.1 KB
ID:	1088946
                              Soft, and blue/green tint.

Comment

Working...
                              X