Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are These Images Non-Starters?

Hello all,

Hope you are all doing good and safe at home.

This post is for all the screeners out here.

Recently, I had many images rejected with reasons ranging from too much or too little contrast, digital manipulation, backlit to name a few. I'm sharing with you all some of the pre-edited and the uploaded version of these images below.

These were taken in Hong Kong last year. The weather that day was mixed with light drizzle and sunshine later.

Swiss B777-300ER

Original

Click image for larger version

Name:	Swiss B777-300ER.jpg
Views:	420
Size:	463.5 KB
ID:	1088653

Edited

Name:	Swiss_B777W.jpg
Views:	521
Size:	560.6 KB
ID:	1088652

Similarly, here is another image was taken on the same day.

Cargolux B747-800F

Original

Name:	Cargolux B747-800F.jpg
Views:	423
Size:	437.7 KB
ID:	1088654

Edited

Name:	LX-VCJ.jpg
Views:	426
Size:	506.3 KB
ID:	1088655

Apart from these, there are lots more that were uploaded and got rejected. These are just the samples to give you all an idea of how the images were taken and edited accordingly.

Now, I would like to know from the screeners that are these images non-starters? In other words, are there any possibilities of these images getting edited in the correct way and being accepted in this database?

It would be wonderful to know from you guys as it will be helpful for me to take the next course of action.

Awaiting helpful tips from your end.

Thanks and Best Regards,
    Sreenivas Subramaniam

Originally posted by Sreenivas123 View Post

Now, I would like to know from the screeners that are these images non-starters?
    Yes.

In other words, are there any possibilities of these images getting edited in the correct way and being accepted in this database?
    Not really. Backlit + terrible contrast = no chance.

Comment

Hello Dlowwa,

Thank you very much for your swift response.

How about some of these that were taken from inside the HongKong International Airport Terminal? A few of them that were uploaded here got rejected due to Contrast and the other for Bad Color

All Nippon Airlines B767-300

Original

Name:	All Nippon Airways - B767-300.jpg
Views:	407
Size:	608.9 KB
ID:	1088665

Edited

Name:	JA621A.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	733.9 KB
ID:	1088666

Jet Star Asia A320

Original

Name:	JetStar Asia A320.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	674.1 KB
ID:	1088667

Edited

Name:	9V-JSH.jpg
Views:	395
Size:	811.6 KB
ID:	1088668

I would like to know your thoughts on these above images as well.

Regards,
      Sreenivas Subramaniam

Comment

These ones might have a chance with better edits, but I guess it's up to you to decide if it's worth the effort. Shooting through terminal glass almost always leads to issues with contrast (lack of) and color casts (usually green, as in your case), not to mention softness and reflections.

Comment

The last two shots taken from the terminal has no glass reflections. I checked it properly. I also didn't use the saturation tool for the JetStar Asia image at all.

Comment

The last two shots taken from the terminal has no glass reflections. I checked it properly. I also didn't use the saturation tool for the JetStar Asia image at all.
            Please read what I wrote again - I think you missed the point.. the glass is causing the color and contrast issues, I did not mention reflections or saturation tools.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Please read what I wrote again - I think you missed the point.. the glass is causing the color and contrast issues, I did not mention reflections or saturation tools.
              I got it now. Thank you very much for your response. This gives some idea of how the editing should be done for these images.

Comment

Hi all,

Off-late most of my uploads are getting rejected due to 'Digital Manipulation'. Even today, one of the uploaded images that got rejected for the very same reason.

Here is the heads-up of my normal editing procedure that I have been following for these many years.

1.) Check for dust spots
                2.) Exposure
                3.) Increase or Decrease contrast
                4.) Improve on the sharpness and
                5.) Resize

This is pretty much my standard procedure.

Now, despite these procedures, I'm getting images rejected for this very same reason.

Name:	SP-HAG.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	732.5 KB
ID:	1089684

The above image is the latest example of 'Digital Manipulation Rejection'.

I would request the screeners to help me out on this as to what I'm missing out in editing that is leading to the said problem.

Cheers,
                Sreenivas Subramaniam
                Attached Files

Comment

The dust removal was poorly done. Clone stamps are clearly visible without equalizer (above the cockpit area). It’s better to start from scratch and remove the dust more carefully

Comment

Sandra? What is the best way to resize images without losing quality? When I resize the images they get very dusty.

Comment

Originally posted by OslPlaneSpotting View Post
                      Sandra? What is the best way to resize images without losing quality? When I resize the images they get very dusty.
                      Can you post an example?
                      In general: Make sure cropping is done with the correct aspect ratio (for JetPhotos 4:3, 3:2 or 16:9) and always save photos in the highest quality possible.

Comment

Working...
                      X