Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lbastardo // Pre-screening advice

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • thanks!

    quick question about this rejection.

    it was rejected due to wrong categories and parts cropped.

    i've uploaded close-ups before and it hasn't been rejected, which parts were cropped here? and secondly, which categories are/were missing/wrong?

    thanks in advance.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by LBASTARDO View Post
      thanks!

      quick question about this rejection.

      it was rejected due to wrong categories and parts cropped.

      i've uploaded close-ups before and it hasn't been rejected, which parts were cropped here? and secondly, which categories are/were missing/wrong?

      thanks in advance.
      Awkward crop on the left side. This is obviously not a business jet.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

        Awkward crop on the left side. This is obviously not a business jet.
        gotcha, the crop is very subjective but i agree on the business jet category - all good, thanks!

        Also, for this other rejection, it is literally the same framing, angle, and type of aircraft as this one that was accepted - any reason why one was accepted and one was rejected?

        Thanks!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by LBASTARDO View Post

          gotcha, the crop is very subjective but i agree on the business jet category - all good, thanks!

          Also, for this other rejection, it is literally the same framing, angle, and type of aircraft as this one that was accepted - any reason why one was accepted and one was rejected?

          Thanks!
          Not much difference I agree, so it comes down to personal taste I suppose, though the crop on the rejected one is much closer to the tip of the stabilizer, which is generally a no-no. Both would have been ok for me.

          Comment


          • hi, long time! question about the below: would it be accepted as "artistic" or is the plane too small on the frame? Thanks!
            Click image for larger version

Name:	G-VIIA---British-Airways---Boeing-777-236(ER).jpg
Views:	75
Size:	616.6 KB
ID:	1133229

            Comment


            • Originally posted by LBASTARDO View Post
              hi, long time! question about the below: would it be accepted as "artistic" or is the plane too small on the frame? Thanks!
              Definitely too far.

              Comment


              • Hi all --
                Question about this recent rejection I just got. Please see horizon guides I used below, let me know what I could've done differently to avoid this rejection or if it was wrongfully rejected. Thanks.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by LBASTARDO; 2022-04-24, 23:39. Reason: larger screenshot

                Comment


                • Originally posted by LBASTARDO View Post
                  Hi all --
                  Question about this recent rejection I just got. Please see horizon guides I used below, let me know what I could've done differently to avoid this rejection or if it was wrongfully rejected. Thanks.
                  Looks like it needs a little CCW rotation.

                  Comment


                  • hi dlowwa -- just got a question about this rejection: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10160236

                    It was rejected due to being underexposed, which it is fairly understandable. However, if I add just a little more exposure to the photo, the nose of the plane will be overblown. I've gotten a couple rejections recently due to this same issue: Whole plane exposed correctly, but then the nose overexposed, hence rejected.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-06-03 at 1.29.46 PM.png
Views:	49
Size:	119.6 KB
ID:	1138116

                    I feel like for this rejection the exposure is fine due to:
                    1. More exposure will make the nose overexposed.
                    2. This was shot at the end of the day, barely any light left, it could even be considered a night shot. And there are definitely way darker photos in the database.

                    Please let me know what you think.

                    Thanks,
                    Luis.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by LBASTARDO View Post
                      hi dlowwa -- just got a question about this rejection: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10160236

                      It was rejected due to being underexposed, which it is fairly understandable. However, if I add just a little more exposure to the photo, the nose of the plane will be overblown. I've gotten a couple rejections recently due to this same issue: Whole plane exposed correctly, but then the nose overexposed, hence rejected.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-06-03 at 1.29.46 PM.png
Views:	49
Size:	119.6 KB
ID:	1138116

                      I feel like for this rejection the exposure is fine due to:
                      1. More exposure will make the nose overexposed.
                      2. This was shot at the end of the day, barely any light left, it could even be considered a night shot. And there are definitely way darker photos in the database.
                      I don't think adding exposure will create too many issues if done carefully.

                      Comment


                      • Hi -- couple questions about these rejections:

                        1 & 2 were rejected due to heat distortion; however, I don't really see the distortion - can you tell me where the distortion can be found? Just want to know what to look for in the future.
                        3 - some dust sensor rejection; but that small black dot is very small; could even be a bird, for what is worth. Any chance I can appeal it?

                        Thanks.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by LBASTARDO View Post
                          Hi -- couple questions about these rejections:

                          1 & 2 were rejected due to heat distortion; however, I don't really see the distortion - can you tell me where the distortion can be found? Just want to know what to look for in the future.
                          3 - some dust sensor rejection; but that small black dot is very small; could even be a bird, for what is worth. Any chance I can appeal it?

                          Thanks.
                          Hello, I'm not a screener but:

                          1 - Heat distortion visible on the wing and elevator.
                          2 - Heat distortion on nose gear area and engine cowling.
                          3 - You could try appealing but personally I'd remove the spot and re-upload.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by LBASTARDO View Post
                            Hi -- couple questions about these rejections:

                            1 & 2 were rejected due to heat distortion; however, I don't really see the distortion - can you tell me where the distortion can be found? Just want to know what to look for in the future.
                            3 - some dust sensor rejection; but that small black dot is very small; could even be a bird, for what is worth. Any chance I can appeal it?

                            Thanks.
                            1-2 heat haze is noticeable, but might be acceptable at lower resolution
                            3 I agree probably not dust, but there is something and we allow you to remove indistinguishable spots, so best to resubmit with it removed

                            Comment


                            • Hi -- hope all is well.

                              Got this rejection recently for "vignetting" but I don't really see it. Only corner I see is bottom right, but that appears to be the shadow of a building I had on my right rather than vignetting. Any chance I can appeal?

                              Thanks.

                              Comment


                              • Not a screener, but if the building was near to you, then surely the shadow would be crisper like the shadows under the airplane? Rather than very soft and not that dark.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X