Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lbastardo // Pre-screening advice

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by LBASTARDO View Post
    Hey, me again.

    I'm wondering which crop works better for this photo.

    1:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	SP-LRF - LOT - Boeing 787 1.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	546.4 KB
ID:	1093043

    or

    2:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	SP-LRF - LOT - Boeing 787 2.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	441.4 KB
ID:	1093044



    Thanks for the help,
    Luis.
    2.

    Comment


    • #17
      Hey dlowwa,

      Can I get some feedback on these photos please:


      1.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	N137EV - Delta Airlines - Mitsubishi CRJ-900.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	508.6 KB
ID:	1093471


      2.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	OE-IFB - ASL Airlines - Boeing 747.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	519.5 KB
ID:	1093472


      Thanks,
      Luis.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by LBASTARDO View Post
        Hey dlowwa,

        Can I get some feedback on these photos please:


        1.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	N137EV - Delta Airlines - Mitsubishi CRJ-900.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	508.6 KB
ID:	1093471


        2.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	OE-IFB - ASL Airlines - Boeing 747.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	519.5 KB
ID:	1093472


        Thanks,
        Luis.
        Both would be rejected for soft & contrast. Not fixable.

        Comment


        • #19
          Hi,
          I have a question.

          I got this photo rejection due to "Bad info: Date". However, it was taken on June 14, 2020, at JFK as stated when I uploaded the photo. I appealed the rejection with this screenshot showing that it was taken that day:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-07-09 at 2.00.42 PM.png
Views:	49
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	1094084


          Yet the screener denied the appeal saying: " It was not at JFK 14-6-2020. We take date cheating quite serious " - it was literally taken that day, there is nothing for me to gain from changing the date. How can I actually prove that it was taken that day?

          Thanks,
          Luis.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by LBASTARDO View Post
            Hi,
            I have a question.

            I got this photo rejection due to "Bad info: Date". However, it was taken on June 14, 2020, at JFK as stated when I uploaded the photo. I appealed the rejection with this screenshot showing that it was taken that day:
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-07-09 at 2.00.42 PM.png
Views:	49
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	1094084


            Yet the screener denied the appeal saying: " It was not at JFK 14-6-2020. We take date cheating quite serious " - it was literally taken that day, there is nothing for me to gain from changing the date. How can I actually prove that it was taken that day?

            Thanks,
            Luis.
            You could start by actually inputting the correct info. OH-LWD was nowhere near JFK on that date. OH-LWO on the other hand..

            Comment


            • #21
              OH!
              I apologize, you're completely right.

              Thanks!

              Comment


              • #22
                Hi dlowwa,

                I have a question about a recent rejection ( https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8326977 )

                The motive was about vignetting and I clearly understand why they would think I added some vignetting to the photo but I didn't. Here is the original, and you can clearly see that that's how it came out straight from the camera:
                Click image for larger version

Name:	July 27, 2020_1.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	488.2 KB
ID:	1096023


                Is there anything I can do about it?

                Thanks!

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by LBASTARDO View Post
                  Hi dlowwa,

                  I have a question about a recent rejection ( https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8326977 )

                  The motive was about vignetting and I clearly understand why they would think I added some vignetting to the photo but I didn't. Here is the original, and you can clearly see that that's how it came out straight from the camera:
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	July 27, 2020_1.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	488.2 KB
ID:	1096023


                  Is there anything I can do about it?

                  Thanks!
                  You didn't add it, but it's there, so...

                  That's like getting a rejection for soft and saying "I didn't make it soft, the original was soft when it came out of the camera".

                  Just because you didn't intentionally add something to the image doesn't mean it should be acceptable.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

                    You didn't add it, but it's there, so...

                    That's like getting a rejection for soft and saying "I didn't make it soft, the original was soft when it came out of the camera".

                    Just because you didn't intentionally add something to the image doesn't mean it should be acceptable.
                    Fair point.

                    So in this case would it be fine if some vignetting is added in post-prod to make up for the way the photo came out originally?

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by LBASTARDO View Post

                      Fair point.

                      So in this case would it be fine if some vignetting is added in post-prod to make up for the way the photo came out originally?
                      Well.. the problem is there is too much vignetting already so adding more will only make it worse. For aviation photography, we generally don't want much visible vignetting.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Hi guys!
                        Question, what is usually the rule of thumb when it comes to close-ups?

                        Would something like this be accepted or the cropping is not right?
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	August 10, 2020_1.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	647.7 KB
ID:	1097032


                        Thanks!

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by LBASTARDO View Post
                          Hi guys!
                          Question, what is usually the rule of thumb when it comes to close-ups?

                          Would something like this be accepted or the cropping is not right?
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	August 10, 2020_1.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	647.7 KB
ID:	1097032


                          Thanks!
                          Crop should be ok.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Hey dlowwa,
                            Can you please pre-screen these photos?
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	N972JT - JetBlue - Airbus A321.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	715.5 KB
ID:	1097695


                            Click image for larger version

Name:	N705TW - Delta Airlines - Boeing 757.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	748.7 KB
ID:	1097696

                            Click image for larger version

Name:	N117FE - FedEx - Boeing 767.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	704.9 KB
ID:	1097697



                            Thanks!

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by LBASTARDO View Post
                              Hey dlowwa,
                              Can you please pre-screen these photos?
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	N972JT - JetBlue - Airbus A321.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	715.5 KB
ID:	1097695


                              Click image for larger version

Name:	N705TW - Delta Airlines - Boeing 757.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	748.7 KB
ID:	1097696

                              Click image for larger version

Name:	N117FE - FedEx - Boeing 767.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	704.9 KB
ID:	1097697



                              Thanks!
                              1. contrast
                              2. contrast, horizon
                              3. contrast

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                I reduced contrast in both photos, is that what you meant? Or due to the weather is harder to get that desired contrast?
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	N972JT - JetBlue - Airbus a321 v4.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	699.7 KB
ID:	1097729


                                Click image for larger version

Name:	N705TW - Delta Airlines - Boeing 757 v2.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	739.2 KB
ID:	1097730

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X