• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by LBASTARDO View Post
    hey Dana!

There's no way this is accepted, right? I tried 2 different edits and they were both rejected for contrast. This is my last attempt, and wanted to check before uploading. Weather was awful, but played with the setting a bit in LR and PS to try and salvage it.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	_n4022j.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	432.1 KB
ID:	1114790

Thanks!
    Yes, due to the very poor contrast, very unlikely this would be accepted.

Leave a comment:

• LBASTARDO
    replied
    hey Dana!

There's no way this is accepted, right? I tried 2 different edits and they were both rejected for contrast. This is my last attempt, and wanted to check before uploading. Weather was awful, but played with the setting a bit in LR and PS to try and salvage it.

Name:	_n4022j.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	432.1 KB
ID:	1114790

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi!

Can I please get an opinion on these photos?
    1. backlit/contrast
    2. soft/blurry, contrast
    3. heat hazed, borderline backlit

Leave a comment:

• LBASTARDO
    replied
    Hi!

Can I please get an opinion on these photos?
    Thanks!

Name:	N228LA---United-States---Los-Angeles-Police-Department-(LAPD)---Eurocopter-AS-350B2-Ecureuil.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	439.1 KB
ID:	1114491

Click image for larger version  Name:	B-6136---China-Southern-Airlines---Airbus-A380-841-v3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.13 MB ID:	1114484

Click image for larger version  Name:	N800KS---Clay-Lacy-Aviation---Boeing-737-7BC(BBJ).jpg Views:	0 Size:	893.4 KB ID:	1114483

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied

Got it!
    What would be the difference between that and a photo like this one, for example? The angle?
    Yes, and we generally give more leeway to shots taken from the air since they are much less common/harder to get.

Leave a comment:

• LBASTARDO
    replied
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Obstruction rejection, so doesn't really matter.
    Got it!
    What would be the difference between that and a photo like this one, for example? The angle?

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Thanks dlowwa !

What about this one? I think it's fine, however the plane does not have a registration on it right now (although it's going to be B-17810 when it does). If/When I upload it, how would I go about it? And is it acceptable?
    Obstruction rejection, so doesn't really matter.

Leave a comment:

• LBASTARDO
    replied
    Thanks dlowwa !

What about this one? I think it's fine, however the plane does not have a registration on it right now (although it's going to be B-17810 when it does). If/When I upload it, how would I go about it? And is it acceptable?

Thanks.

Name:	B-17810---EVA-Airways---Boeing-787-10-Dreamliner.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	1113631

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied

What about now?

I've also added a 4th - that I know might be backlit, but I've also seen silhouette photos before so not too sure about it.

Thanks,
    Luis.
    1-3. slightly better crop on 3, but otherwise same as above
    4. soft, borderline dark/contrast

Leave a comment:

• LBASTARDO
    replied
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

1. bit soft and some vignetting. cropping is ok for me.
    2. also soft/vignetting, and not a great crop. either crop closer or leave the whole wing in.
    3. shot through a fence? banding/dark lines in the sky. if that's the case, not fixable.
    What about now?

I've also added a 4th - that I know might be backlit, but I've also seen silhouette photos before so not too sure about it.

Thanks,
    Luis.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi All!

I would like some pre-screening for this photo, please. Cropping of helicopters is still ~kinda~ new to me.
    Thanks.
    Click image for larger version Name:	N452MT---Med-Trans-Corporation---Airbus-Helicopters-H135.jpg Views:	0 Size:	952.1 KB ID:	1113372

While we're at it - let me add these two as well for pre-screening please. Thanks in advance.

Name:	N916CG---Private---IAI-1125-Astra.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	930.8 KB
ID:	1113374

Name:	N718BA---Boeing-Company---Boeing-747-4H6(LCF).jpg
Views:	95
Size:	912.7 KB
ID:	1113375
    1. bit soft and some vignetting. cropping is ok for me.
    2. also soft/vignetting, and not a great crop. either crop closer or leave the whole wing in.
    3. shot through a fence? banding/dark lines in the sky. if that's the case, not fixable.

Leave a comment:

• LBASTARDO
    replied
    Hi All!

I would like some pre-screening for this photo, please. Cropping of helicopters is still ~kinda~ new to me.
    Thanks.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	N452MT---Med-Trans-Corporation---Airbus-Helicopters-H135.jpg Views:	0 Size:	952.1 KB ID:	1113372

While we're at it - let me add these two as well for pre-screening please. Thanks in advance.

Name:	N916CG---Private---IAI-1125-Astra.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	930.8 KB
ID:	1113374

Name:	N718BA---Boeing-Company---Boeing-747-4H6(LCF).jpg
Views:	95
Size:	912.7 KB
ID:	1113375

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi guys!

Me again with a question about a rejection - recently got this one https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=9009060 and the reason was "Backlit". I might see why they selected that but if you look closely you can see the yellow part of the aircraft, where the registration is is well lit - that wouldn't be the case if it was backlit, I think. I might be wrong though. Just wanted another set of eyes to look at it.

Thanks though.
    Shouldn't use the fuselage to judge, since it's not a perpendicular surface. The tail, however, is, and is in shadow in this image so is considered backlit.

Leave a comment:

• LBASTARDO
    replied
    Hi guys!

Me again with a question about a rejection - recently got this one https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=9009060 and the reason was "Backlit". I might see why they selected that but if you look closely you can see the yellow part of the aircraft, where the registration is is well lit - that wouldn't be the case if it was backlit, I think. I might be wrong though. Just wanted another set of eyes to look at it.

Thanks though.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Thank you both for the answer, dlowwa wkd001!

So this one would be okay for the database?

Name:	CC-CXI---LAN-Airlines---Boeing-767-316(ER).jpg
Views:	126
Size:	623.8 KB
ID:	1112212
    No, obstructed and heat hazed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X