Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Santiago Blanquez - Pre Screening/Rejection advice

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Santiago Blanquez - Pre Screening/Rejection advice

    Hi y'all,

    Today I got this photo rejected due to Bad Post processing. Appart from the ambiguous of the reason, I can't really find what's wrong with it. Any help from the community would be really appreciated.



    Thanks in Advance,

    Santi Blanquez

  • #2
    Part of the aircraft chopped off maybe?

    Comment


    • #3
      Top right hand corner, did you really upload a photo with your logo?

      Comment


      • #4
        Bad processing relates to heavy contrast/color/shadow adjustments. It would be easier to answer if you share the link to rejected picture.

        Comment


        • #5
          Here is the rejected picture. There are visible editing halos around the plane, hence the "Bad Post processing"

          https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8156082
          https://www.jetphotos.com/photographer/29739

          Comment


          • #6
            Halos stand out alot

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by santiblanquez View Post
              Hi y'all,

              Today I got this photo rejected due to Bad Post processing. Appart from the ambiguous of the reason, I can't really find what's wrong with it. Any help from the community would be really appreciated.

              Santi Blanquez
              Your photo seems to have halos.

              To check for halos, go to check for dust function on ur photo rej area.

              At the borders of your plane, there is a 'white outline' surrounding your plane (See nose area and above). Those are called halos and are caused as a result of too much clarity of too low (negative) highlights [Correct me if im wrong]. In this case, imma bet on your clarity being too high as the main factor.


              To quote the 'Detailed photo upload guidelines' , thats the defination of over processed.

              6.7 Over Processed / Bad postprocessing


              This rejection may apply to photos which simply look over processed. This can be for example an improper use of noise removal programs up to the result of getting a plastic like look or smudgy edges. Also, halos caused by wrong sharpening settings or other wrong post processing settings, will result in a rejection.

              Comment


              • #8
                Hello Santi,

                the reason for your rejection is „Bad postprocessing“. That means you do something wrong during postprocessing.

                On your photo you‘ll see „haloes“ if you use the „Check for dust“ function on JetPhotos in your own screening area.

                Haloes are white or black shadows behind objects.

                You can avoid this if you don‘t use the clatity, shadow/highlight and dehaze function in Photoshop.
                You can still use these function but use small values and always recheck the result after use.

                I hope I can help you.

                Kind Regards
                Julian

                Comment


                • #9
                  Would like to get some advice on these 2 shots, as ain't really sure if the contrast applied under those last lights is well applied. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3822-Editar-2.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	745.5 KB
ID:	1107661
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3849-Editar-3.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	603.0 KB
ID:	1107662

                  Thanks

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by santiblanquez View Post
                    Would like to get some advice on these 2 shots, as ain't really sure if the contrast applied under those last lights is well applied. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3822-Editar-2.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	745.5 KB
ID:	1107661
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3849-Editar-3.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	603.0 KB
ID:	1107662

                    Thanks
                    Borderline (weak) contrast on the first, but otherwise both would be acceptable for me.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Thanks dlowwa!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Hi all!

                        would like to have some feedback with this one. Got it rejected due to vignetting so I applied the vignetting correction tool on Lightroom. Overall feedback is of course welcome too!

                        thanks in advance.

                        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7560-Editar-Editar-2-2.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	574.7 KB
ID:	1110018

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by santiblanquez View Post
                          Hi all!

                          would like to have some feedback with this one. Got it rejected due to vignetting so I applied the vignetting correction tool on Lightroom. Overall feedback is of course welcome too!

                          thanks in advance.

                          It still has enough vigneting for be rejected. Look at the top corners.


                          Click image for larger version

Name:	procimages.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	531.5 KB
ID:	1110028

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by santiblanquez View Post
                            Hi all!

                            would like to have some feedback with this one. Got it rejected due to vignetting so I applied the vignetting correction tool on Lightroom. Overall feedback is of course welcome too!

                            thanks in advance.
                            Borderline for vignetting, but almost certainly would be an overprocessed rejection now.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X