IS THIS CAMERA GOOD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IS THIS CAMERA GOOD

Hey this camera looks good for its price espeically for a 5MP should i buy it or would it be another stupid mistake like with my 2MP KODAK
    Only the dead have seen the end of the war-Plato

Don't just buy a camera because it looks good. Do your research first. Then you won't make a mistake. It only has 4x DIGITAL zoom, which isn't much, and since it is digital, it will reduce image quality. Look for big OPTICAL zoom, not digital.

I find that interesting that it uses interpolation. Hmmm...

Try these cameras on for size :P .

Nikon 5700

Sony F717

Panasonic FZ10

Konica Minolta Z1 A 4 MP version of this is coming out soon, called the Z2.

Do your research, I can't stress that enough when people ask which camera. Good luck!
    CheckSix

Equipment: A camera (who gives a rip about the brand?)

Comment

One, wrong forum.

Two, i've never heard of that camera. And it only costs $110, so i probably wouldn't expect much out of it.

Comment

IS THIS CAMERA GOOD
        Nope

And it's only 3.3mp.

IF you want a good camera your gonna have to look at spending more that $109 dollars

Comment

Originally posted by CheckSix
          Don't just buy a camera because it looks good. Do your research first. Then you won't make a mistake. It only has 4x DIGITAL zoom, which isn't much, and since it is digital, it will reduce image quality. Look for big OPTICAL zoom, not digital.

I find that interesting that it uses interpolation. Hmmm...

Try these cameras on for size :P .

Nikon 5700

Sony F717

Panasonic FZ10

Konica Minolta Z1 A 4 MP version of this is coming out soon, called the Z2.

Do your research, I can't stress that enough when people ask which camera. Good luck!

We can do the research...but we don't know what to look for in a camera. So if you could please brief us on what is good and what is bad.....sorry for making you explain.

-PIAA310
          ***My Blog***

Comment

LOL... I wish i could buy those, BUT i am on a budget only have like upto 200 to spend, im only a student.. dont have a job, and sell on ebay once in a while, so upto 200 dollars what would u recommend..also i would probably buy the camera off of ebay anyway, so it mite be cheaper!
            Only the dead have seen the end of the war-Plato

Comment

If you could spend up to $300, you can try the Kodak DX4530. I have that camera, and here's what you can get out of it.

[photoid=245229]

Note: Don't look at my most recent photos. I screwed up. :P
              Will F.
              Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

Originally posted by PIAA310

We can do the research...but we don't know what to look for in a camera. So if you could please brief us on what is good and what is bad.....sorry for making you explain.

-PIAA310

That's part of the research.

Just kidding. Essentially, in a point and shoot camera, 4 MP seems to be the sweet spot, and you want to look for some good zoom. Digital zoom is basically no good. Anything above 5x optical will give some good zoom for you. 5x optical is about 190mm in 35mm standards. The FZ10 goes up to 12x which is equal to about 380mm in 35mm standards. One should also look for good image quality. Dpreview offers samples so you can see differences in colors and noise etc.

Of course, that last paragraph is my personal opinion, gathered from about 4 months of research.

Originally posted by fly1346
                LOL... I wish i could buy those, BUT i am on a budget only have like upto 200 to spend, im only a student.. dont have a job, and sell on ebay once in a while, so upto 200 dollars what would u recommend..also i would probably buy the camera off of ebay anyway, so it mite be cheaper!
                Don't expect much from a 200 dollar camera. Only around 2 MP and about 2x-4x optical zoom. I'd say also, not to purchase off of eBay. Why? Chances are, unless you purchase from a reputable seller you may be risking your money. Sure people have done it from Jp.net, but I wouldn't recommend it.

For you, I'd say, save your money. Build up your savings. It isn't that hard. Simply don't spend $$ on magazines, books, computer games, etc. etc. etc. Before you know it you'll get enough money to look into a higher end model.
                CheckSix

Comment

Sony F717 is pretty good. Is that the one you have Check Six? Since its in your avator.

-PIAA310
                  ***My Blog***

Comment

Originally posted by PIAA310
                    Sony F717 is pretty good. Is that the one you have Check Six? Since its in your avator.

-PIAA310
                    Yes, fine, fine, fine camera. Highly recommend it.
                    CheckSix

Comment

I bought my Olympus C-740 off eBay a few months ago for around $250 USD. It's a great camera and a number of photographers here use this camera or have used it in the past.

3.2 MP; 10x optical, 3x digital zoom.

Look for one of these on eBay and see what you can find!
                      My Jetphotos.net Images

Comment

just go and spare a bit more money so you can buy the S5000 or S7000 (fuji)
                        My New Photo Name on JP.net is DutchAviation!!!!

why should we fight about wich aircraft manufactor is better..............

thats so childish....

because hey we all know boeing is better

Comment

Originally posted by fly1346
                          LOL... I wish i could buy those, BUT i am on a budget only have like upto 200 to spend, im only a student..
                          Time to sell that Omega Speedmaster you got

Seriously, I would look at the cameras suggested by others. In my opinion, the Olympus C-7XX series offers a good bang for the buck (you can get the C-740 brand new for just over $300). The Sony F717 isn't bad either but a bit short on the zoom.
                          Click Here for my aviation photographs.
                          No Frontiers

Comment

here are a few shots that i took from my crappy @ss camera. The zoom was 3X optical. qaulity isn't that good. But please tell me what you think of them?

-PIAA310
                            ***My Blog***

Comment

Working...
                            X