Jc128 - Pre-screening help/editing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tejas Khambhayta View Post

Aircraft is too high in the frame for pic 4 just like the first picture.
    Alright. Thanks so much for letting me know

Comment

Originally posted by Jc128 View Post

I see. Thank you so much dlowwa!
      If you don't mind me asking, what does it mean by compression and how do i fix them?
      For picture number 4 how do I fix the centering?
      Compression means that the photo has been resized to such a small size that a substantial amount of quality has been lost, I see that you have exported the photo as 1024x683. I always select 1280x(the height is automatically done for me each time) and the resolution set to 300 pixels. Hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by Milan Witham View Post

Compression means that the photo has been resized to such a small size that a substantial amount of quality has been lost, I see that you have exported the photo as 1024x683. I always select 1280x(the height is automatically done for me each time) and the resolution set to 300 pixels. Hope this helps
        Ahhhh, so I am supposed to resize the pictures to 1280? Thank you so muchh for the help Milan Witham!! Appreciate it a lot

Comment

Ahhhh, so I am supposed to resize the pictures to 1280? Thank you so muchh for the help Milan Witham!! Appreciate it a lot
          Yes resize your pictures to 1280px and if you use photoshop it should automatically resize the height if not let me know

Comment

If you would like you can contact me on Instagram (if you have one) @lhr_planes I will reply a lot quicker there and I wouldn't mind helping you out with more tips if you need them If not no worries

Comment

Yes resize your pictures to 1280px and if you use photoshop it should automatically resize the height if not let me know
              Alright.
              I don't use photoshop but anyways thanks!

Comment

If you would like you can contact me on Instagram (if you have one) @lhr_planes I will reply a lot quicker there and I wouldn't mind helping you out with more tips if you need them If not no worries
                OHH YEA SURE! That'll be great!

Comment

What about now? Are these better?
                  Let me know what you guys think.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Pixel dimensions has no relevance to compression. A 1600pix image can be as compressed or compressed more than a 1024pix image. It has to do with how much data is being saved per pixel, not the number of pixels.

Also '300 pixels' means nothing; I assume you mean 300dpi, which is also a useless number unless you are planning on printing the image.

Comment

If you don't mind me asking, what does it mean by compression and how do i fix them?
                      Check your save settings, and make sure they are set to maximum quality.

For picture number 4 how do I fix the centering?
                      See here:

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

1. centering (too high)
                      If it's too high, you should make it lower.

Same issues remain as before.

Comment

[QUOTE=dlowwa;n1091424]

Check your save settings, and make sure they are set to maximum quality.

I'm sorry but where can I find the save settings?
                        This is all pretty new to me.

Comment

I'm sorry but where can I find the save settings?
                          This is all pretty new to me.
                          Since I don't know your editing workflow, I couldn't tell you.

Comment

Since I don't know your editing workflow, I couldn't tell you.
                            I'll type it out here if that's okay

Comment

Pixel dimensions has no relevance to compression. A 1600pix image can be as compressed or compressed more than a 1024pix image. It has to do with how much data is being saved per pixel, not the number of pixels.

Also '300 pixels' means nothing; I assume you mean 300dpi, which is also a useless number unless you are planning on printing the image.
                              My bad I must have been tired writing that out haha I made no sense of myself.

Comment

I would say try and get the plane to the centre of the frame then worry about the compression afterwards.

Comment

Working...
                                X