Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

gdinscoll - post screening\rejection advice

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by gdinscoll View Post
    Morning,

    Would this negative scan be accepted? There isn't a photo of this airline/registration combo in the database, but the scan has a vignette which I didn't edit

    Cheers
    As above, it would depend on just how old/rare it is. The vignetting would not be a concern for an image as old as this; I'd be worried about the softness if anything.

    Comment


    • #77
      Hi I had this rejected for Bad info but the screener didn't leave what was "bad" - could a screener check and pass it on?

      Cheers

      https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8577668

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by gdinscoll View Post
        Hi I had this rejected for Bad info but the screener didn't leave what was "bad" - could a screener check and pass it on?

        Cheers

        https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8577668
        Airline.

        Comment


        • #79
          And these please?

          https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8578419

          https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8578463
          (if this is aircraft type I have selected the one that JetPhotos has in its database (https://www.jetphotos.com/info/DC-8-45640) So I am unsure what is wrong here)

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by gdinscoll View Post
            It seems unlikely this was taken today, wouldn't you agree? Might be useful to check the data yourself to see if you can find any obvious errors.

            Originally posted by gdinscoll View Post
            https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8578463
            Also the date. This aircraft was delivered to Zuliana on 20 Oct 1989 so it seems unlikely the image was taken prior to that.

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

              It seems unlikely this was taken today, wouldn't you agree? Might be useful to check the data yourself to see if you can find any obvious errors.



              Also the date. This aircraft was delivered to Zuliana on 20 Oct 1989 so it seems unlikely the image was taken prior to that.
              In this case I believe the aircraft was in the transition of being repainted into its new colors from its previous airline and so the aircraft was captured in Miami on that date, all the dates are strictly written after the photos were taken and so I do not think the date was incorrect.
              Attached Files

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by gdinscoll View Post

                In this case I believe the aircraft was in the transition of being repainted into its new colors from its previous airline and so the aircraft was captured in Miami on that date, all the dates are strictly written after the photos were taken and so I do not think the date was incorrect.
                In that case, good to include such info when uploading as all we have to go on is the delivery date, and you will have to admit not all of the dates on your uploads have been completely reliable, so you'll excuse us if we can't trust them completely without this kind of evidence

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

                  In that case, good to include such info when uploading as all we have to go on is the delivery date, and you will have to admit not all of the dates on your uploads have been completely reliable, so you'll excuse us if we can't trust them completely without this kind of evidence
                  Yeah that is fair enough, however, I wouldn't want a cloud over the account for reliability with dates. I think it's only been one or two errors and can you blame it when the dates are more than 40 years ago, would that photo be accepted?
                  Last edited by gdinscoll; 2020-11-03, 20:15. Reason: e

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by gdinscoll View Post

                    Yeah that is fair enough, however, I wouldn't want a cloud over the account for reliability with dates. I think it's only been one or two errors and can you blame it when the dates are more than 40 years ago, would that photo be accepted?
                    As long as a reasonable explanation is provided, I don't see why not.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

                      As long as a reasonable explanation is provided, I don't see why not.
                      Apologies, I mean the one this one that was rejected.

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by gdinscoll View Post

                        Apologies, I mean the one this one that was rejected.
                        Yes, I understood that, and was commenting as such.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

                          Yes, I understood that, and was commenting as such.
                          Haha, again I apologise, the photo that was rejected shall I wait for that to be overturned and now accepted based on the reasoning I gave you. Or are you meaning I have to re-upload it with the info provided in the screener comments.

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by gdinscoll View Post

                            Haha, again I apologise, the photo that was rejected shall I wait for that to be overturned and now accepted based on the reasoning I gave you. Or are you meaning I have to re-upload it with the info provided in the screener comments.
                            Please reupload it with comments providing support for the date you ascribe to the image.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Another question if someone can assist.

                              I want to upload a photo of this specific aircraft https://airlinersgallery.smugmug.com...rbor/i-TB9KhGD

                              Would the airline need to be created in the database: Eastern Express (Bar Harbor) or would it be correct to tag the airline as bar Harbour which is currently listed?

                              Cheers

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by gdinscoll View Post
                                Another question if someone can assist.

                                I want to upload a photo of this specific aircraft https://airlinersgallery.smugmug.com...rbor/i-TB9KhGD

                                Would the airline need to be created in the database: Eastern Express (Bar Harbor) or would it be correct to tag the airline as bar Harbour which is currently listed?

                                Cheers
                                You'd probably do better to ask in the photo info forum than in digital editing.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X