Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

gdinscoll - post screening\rejection advice

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

    You'd probably do better to ask in the photo info forum than in digital editing.
    Yeah I did, just didn't get a response

    Comment


    • #92
      Evening,

      I had this photo rejected for bad info: airline. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8618537

      I appeal it but I'm not sure if there is an issue with me receiving rejection response emails as I haven't had a response to it.
      I uploaded this photo under Eastern, even though the markings have been removed, as the aircraft, according to Planespotter's and Planeloggers database, had been returned to Eastern in 1990 before entering storage in 1991 prior to joining FedEx in 1993. As the photo was taken in 1992 surely this is the correct airline?

      Cheers

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by gdinscoll View Post
        Evening,

        I had this photo rejected for bad info: airline. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8618537

        I appeal it but I'm not sure if there is an issue with me receiving rejection response emails as I haven't had a response to it.
        I uploaded this photo under Eastern, even though the markings have been removed, as the aircraft, according to Planespotter's and Planeloggers database, had been returned to Eastern in 1990 before entering storage in 1991 prior to joining FedEx in 1993. As the photo was taken in 1992 surely this is the correct airline?

        Cheers
        Untitled. Can still see where they were, but they have been removed.

        Comment


        • #94
          Good evening

          I had this photo rejected for cropping/photo edges/ size ratio https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8613721

          however I do not see a problem with the photo edges or ratio. I am assuming it might be the wing edge but closer inspection shows it’s not chopped off and there’s a truck next to the Cathay nose gear.

          the scan is as big as it can be so I have no more room on the left side of the photo

          can a screener assist?

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by gdinscoll View Post
            however I do not see a problem with the photo edges or ratio.
            Did you actually check the image again before posting? There is an obvious white border on the upper-left edge.

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

              Did you actually check the image again before posting? There is an obvious white border on the upper-left edge.
              Yes I did, but its very hard to see, especially when there's two other potential issues that is under the rejection. Hence why I ask here instead of appealing.

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by gdinscoll View Post

                Yes I did, but its very hard to see, especially when there's two other potential issues that is under the rejection. Hence why I ask here instead of appealing.
                No problem... but which other two issues? This rejection reason is only used in two, not three situations, the first of which is clearly spelled out in the upload guidelines and applies directly to your image:

                6.3 Cropping

                This means that the picture has not been cropped properly, we often see pictures with white edges visible and these should have been cropped out.

                Which is the third potential issue?

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

                  No problem... but which other two issues? This rejection reason is only used in two, not three situations, the first of which is clearly spelled out in the upload guidelines and applies directly to your image:

                  6.3 Cropping

                  This means that the picture has not been cropped properly, we often see pictures with white edges visible and these should have been cropped out.

                  Which is the third potential issue?
                  • Cropping / Photo edges / Size Ratio
                  That is what the rejection was for, so I thought photo edges may have been the white issue stuff and as I couldn't initially see the white edges I assumed it may have been the "cropping" out of the rejection reason. I just thought "cropping" rejection was if part of the aircraft cut off, which is why I thought the screener may have thought the wingtip was chopped.

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by gdinscoll View Post
                    I just thought "cropping" rejection was if part of the aircraft cut off, which is why I thought the screener may have thought the wingtip was chopped.
                    For future reference, that would fall in the 'Cut Off' rejection category.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

                      For future reference, that would fall in the 'Cut Off' rejection category.
                      Gotcha, thanks!

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X