Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gdinscoll View Post
    Morning,

Would this negative scan be accepted? There isn't a photo of this airline/registration combo in the database, but the scan has a vignette which I didn't edit

Cheers
    As above, it would depend on just how old/rare it is. The vignetting would not be a concern for an image as old as this; I'd be worried about the softness if anything.

Comment

Hi I had this rejected for Bad info but the screener didn't leave what was "bad" - could a screener check and pass it on?

Cheers

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

Hi I had this rejected for Bad info but the screener didn't leave what was "bad" - could a screener check and pass it on?

Cheers

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8577668
        Airline.

Comment

And these please?

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8578419

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8578463
          (if this is aircraft type I have selected the one that JetPhotos has in its database (https://www.jetphotos.com/info/DC-8-45640) So I am unsure what is wrong here)

Comment

It seems unlikely this was taken today, wouldn't you agree? Might be useful to check the data yourself to see if you can find any obvious errors.

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8578463
            Also the date. This aircraft was delivered to Zuliana on 20 Oct 1989 so it seems unlikely the image was taken prior to that.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

It seems unlikely this was taken today, wouldn't you agree? Might be useful to check the data yourself to see if you can find any obvious errors.

Also the date. This aircraft was delivered to Zuliana on 20 Oct 1989 so it seems unlikely the image was taken prior to that.
              In this case I believe the aircraft was in the transition of being repainted into its new colors from its previous airline and so the aircraft was captured in Miami on that date, all the dates are strictly written after the photos were taken and so I do not think the date was incorrect.
              Attached Files

Comment

In this case I believe the aircraft was in the transition of being repainted into its new colors from its previous airline and so the aircraft was captured in Miami on that date, all the dates are strictly written after the photos were taken and so I do not think the date was incorrect.
                In that case, good to include such info when uploading as all we have to go on is the delivery date, and you will have to admit not all of the dates on your uploads have been completely reliable, so you'll excuse us if we can't trust them completely without this kind of evidence

Comment

In that case, good to include such info when uploading as all we have to go on is the delivery date, and you will have to admit not all of the dates on your uploads have been completely reliable, so you'll excuse us if we can't trust them completely without this kind of evidence
                  Yeah that is fair enough, however, I wouldn't want a cloud over the account for reliability with dates. I think it's only been one or two errors and can you blame it when the dates are more than 40 years ago, would that photo be accepted?
                  Last edited by gdinscoll; 2020-11-03, 20:15. Reason: e

Comment

Yeah that is fair enough, however, I wouldn't want a cloud over the account for reliability with dates. I think it's only been one or two errors and can you blame it when the dates are more than 40 years ago, would that photo be accepted?
                    As long as a reasonable explanation is provided, I don't see why not.

Comment

As long as a reasonable explanation is provided, I don't see why not.
                      Apologies, I mean the one this one that was rejected.

Comment

Apologies, I mean the one this one that was rejected.
                        Yes, I understood that, and was commenting as such.

Comment

Yes, I understood that, and was commenting as such.
                          Haha, again I apologise, the photo that was rejected shall I wait for that to be overturned and now accepted based on the reasoning I gave you. Or are you meaning I have to re-upload it with the info provided in the screener comments.

Comment

Haha, again I apologise, the photo that was rejected shall I wait for that to be overturned and now accepted based on the reasoning I gave you. Or are you meaning I have to re-upload it with the info provided in the screener comments.
                            Please reupload it with comments providing support for the date you ascribe to the image.

Comment

Another question if someone can assist.

I want to upload a photo of this specific aircraft https://airlinersgallery.smugmug.com...rbor/i-TB9KhGD

Would the airline need to be created in the database: Eastern Express (Bar Harbor) or would it be correct to tag the airline as bar Harbour which is currently listed?

Cheers

Comment

Another question if someone can assist.

I want to upload a photo of this specific aircraft https://airlinersgallery.smugmug.com...rbor/i-TB9KhGD

Would the airline need to be created in the database: Eastern Express (Bar Harbor) or would it be correct to tag the airline as bar Harbour which is currently listed?

Cheers
                                You'd probably do better to ask in the photo info forum than in digital editing.

Comment

Working...
                                X