X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gdinscoll
    replied
    Afternoon,

I had this photo rejected for digital manipulation and I appealed on the basis that I didn't grossly manipulate the photo which the screener deemed that I had done attaching the unedited photo as proof. I'd just like to know where the "lower right" area shows a manipulation that has caused the rejection?

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I did include the unedited scan in the appeal, but I want to know what part of the photo is shown to be manipulated too much. I also attach a few other un-edited photos which may help prove that I haven't done anything malicious

Cheers
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by gdinscoll View Post

I understand, I left a wide crop so it allows the landscape in the shot, otherwise cropping would either put the aircraft in the top corner too much or cause the land to be out of shot
    It's a pleasant enough photo, but a wider crop like that would work much better if you're actually showing something more, especially the airport. Check out other shots from Kai Tak with a wide crop that actually show a little bit more:

The Jet landing at 13 runway. VHHH. Airport. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I-DUPI. McDonnell Douglas MD-11C. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Shot off the Checkerboard hill looking down to the single opp runway with a 747 on short finals ,also this image shows some of the other operators that once used this fantastic but now sadly gone airport,scanned from a photo. VHHH. Airport. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Scandinavian Airlines - B767-383(ER) - OY-KDN. OY-KDN. Boeing 767-383(ER). JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I couldn't promise something like the last one would get accepted today, but at least the land is more visible and importantly, aviation-related (Checkerboard hill).

Leave a comment:

• gdinscoll
    replied
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Night shot yes, but crop is too wide. Such a wide crop would actually need to show something to be justified.
    I understand, I left a wide crop so it allows the landscape in the shot, otherwise cropping would either put the aircraft in the top corner too much or cause the land to be out of shot

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi would this be acceptable for a night shot? off centre crop to give a sense of the scene that was once at this airport

Thanks
    Night shot yes, but crop is too wide. Such a wide crop would actually need to show something to be justified.

Leave a comment:

• gdinscoll
    replied
    Hi would this be acceptable for a night shot? off centre crop to give a sense of the scene that was once at this airport

Thanks
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• gdinscoll
    replied
    Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
    It should be acceptable. However, it is not a first for the database. It is a Bede BD5-B and there are several images of them in the database.
    Ah, my mistake, one photo on ABPic had it down as a BD-5, the other which I didn't see had it down as a BD-5B, hence why. Ithought it was a different variant to those in the database. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• brianw999
    replied
    It should be acceptable. However, it is not a first for the database. It is a Bede BD5-B and there are several images of them in the database.

Leave a comment:

• gdinscoll
    replied
    Hi, Bearing in mind the photo is almost 30 years old, would it be rejected under motive because there are people visible in the frame? It would be a new type to the database
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• gdinscoll
    replied

Yes, we use the registration as displayed on the aircraft.

https://www.jetphotos.com/registration/NL98CF
    But as I said, "NL98582" as registration doesn't exist, if you check google. Whereas "N98582" does exist. This page covers this aircraft http://www.warbirdregistry.org/p51re...1-4474976.html

This aircraft has G-DAKS displayed on the aircraft, but was a fake reg. https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9781406

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi,

Again, another bad info, this time I have double checked everything . https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8835302
    I didn't get an email so couldn't see what was the rejected bad info exactly. But I am guessing it is the registration? Because the screener see's it has "NL98582" on its tail, but that is not an actual registration, whereas N98582 is.

http://www.warbirdregistry.org/p51re...1-4474976.html
    Yes, we use the registration as displayed on the aircraft.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Leave a comment:

• gdinscoll
    replied
    Hi,

Again, another bad info, this time I have double checked everything . https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8835302
    I didn't get an email so couldn't see what was the rejected bad info exactly. But I am guessing it is the registration? Because the screener see's it has "NL98582" on its tail, but that is not an actual registration, whereas N98582 is.

The warbird registry follows the history of all North American Aviation P-51 Mustangs that survived military service.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Would you have any avice on this, I am trying to get the horizon level, and I've rotated it off the pole behind the aircraft.. would this be correct or does it need an adjustment purely off the ground?
    I'd use a combination of the vertical references (pole & fence), in which case looks like it needs a little CW.

Leave a comment:

• gdinscoll
    replied
    Would you have any avice on this, I am trying to get the horizon level, and I've rotated it off the pole behind the aircraft.. would this be correct or does it need an adjustment purely off the ground?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• gdinscoll
    replied

Did you check the info before uploading, or even after the rejection? It says Navy on the aircraft, and 15-3016 is not a valid AF reg, so...
    Apologies.. thanks.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Evening,

I had this rejected. I assume the categories missing was Warbird/Vintage - I didn't tick this because it was built after 1970 but after I checked the guidelines it says any aircraft in a museum should have this ticked, fine.
    But the bad info airline/registration I am a little confused, can a screener assist what is wrong? https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8831172

Cheers
    Did you check the info before uploading, or even after the rejection? It says Navy on the aircraft, and 15-3016 is not a valid AF reg, so...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X