Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

chengcheng2 - Editing Advice

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Hi, want to ask for advice regarding these 2 rejects:

    1.https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=9204352
    I don't think it is underexposed, want to make sure.

    2.https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=9210560
    Not sure what to say, I think the screener just doesn't like this picture at all.

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by chengcheng2 View Post
      Hi, want to ask for advice regarding these 2 rejects:

      1.https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=9204352
      I don't think it is underexposed, want to make sure.
      Exposure looks acceptable to me.

      Originally posted by chengcheng2 View Post
      2.https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=9210560
      Not sure what to say, I think the screener just doesn't like this picture at all.
      The overprocessed if for the glow/halo around the winglet, but I think that's actually a reflection for the window rather than a processing artifact, so you could remove the 'overprocessed' rejection and add 'glare/dirt' instead.

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

        The overprocessed if for the glow/halo around the winglet, but I think that's actually a reflection for the window rather than a processing artifact, so you could remove the 'overprocessed' rejection and add 'glare/dirt' instead.
        Thank you, the overprocessed I can understand, you warned me about it during prescreen. However, is there actually a framing and contrast issue? I wasn’t expecting these and would like to know how to fix them. Especially how to frame wing shots.

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by chengcheng2 View Post

          Thank you, the overprocessed I can understand, you warned me about it during prescreen. However, is there actually a framing and contrast issue? I wasn’t expecting these and would like to know how to fix them. Especially how to frame wing shots.
          Im not screener, but from my point of view (about the wingview) the problem with the contrast comes from the lack of dark tones mainly, and about the framing, for me its a really wide crop, leaving the wing in the bottom of the frame, showing a lot of sky where there is nothing relevant to focus on.

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by chengcheng2 View Post

            Thank you, the overprocessed I can understand, you warned me about it during prescreen. However, is there actually a framing and contrast issue? I wasn’t expecting these and would like to know how to fix them. Especially how to frame wing shots.
            Framing is fine imho, and contrast can be fixed. Reflection, probably not.

            Comment


            • #96
              1. would this be considered similar to this: https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9954618 ? Exact same location but drastically different light.
              Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC09893.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.28 MB ID:	1119947

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by chengcheng2 View Post
                1. would this be considered similar to this: https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9954618 ? Exact same location but drastically different light.
                Click image for larger version Name:	DSC09893.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.28 MB ID:	1119947
                Borderline. If they were taken relatively close to each other then probably similar, but if there is a few years of time between them, might be ok.

                Comment


                • #98
                  Hi, want to ask about these 4 rejects:

                  1. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=9372383
                  How is the horizon unlevel in this one? Also, I think the processing isn't that bad.

                  2. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=9372361
                  Same as above

                  3. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=9342857
                  This wasn't shot thru a window and I did not find any dust spot.

                  4.https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=9336117
                  I appealed, and another screener said it wasn't soft, but rather too much contrast. I still think the contrast is not that bad with this one.

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by chengcheng2 View Post
                    Hi, want to ask about these 4 rejects:

                    1. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=9372383
                    How is the horizon unlevel in this one? Also, I think the processing isn't that bad.

                    2. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=9372361
                    Same as above

                    3. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=9342857
                    This wasn't shot thru a window and I did not find any dust spot.

                    4.https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=9336117
                    I appealed, and another screener said it wasn't soft, but rather too much contrast. I still think the contrast is not that bad with this one.
                    1. needs a little CCW rotation, and dark circle in the center of the frame.
                    2. heat distortion visible, horizon same as above
                    3. I don't see any dust, but there is a horizontal band through the top of the frame.
                    4. already appealed, I will not comment.

                    There is the same effect visible in the sky in all images, I guess likely due to some kind of vignetting correction.

                    Comment


                    • Questions about this rejection: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=9392002

                      1. I don't think the fence blocked the aircraft, is this still considered clutter? I've uploaded worse fences than this.

                      2. Is this really underexposed? I originally thought it might be too bright. Maybe its the smoke that's messing up the exposure, just want another opinion on this.

                      Thanks!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by chengcheng2 View Post
                        Questions about this rejection: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=9392002

                        1. I don't think the fence blocked the aircraft, is this still considered clutter? I've uploaded worse fences than this.

                        2. Is this really underexposed? I originally thought it might be too bright. Maybe its the smoke that's messing up the exposure, just want another opinion on this.

                        Thanks!
                        Not blocking anything, but rejection was for obstruction/clutter, meaning anything in the frame that might also be too distracting - like the out of focus fence. Yes, it is too dark.

                        Comment


                        • I don't have a picture, just a question this time:

                          The EY Dreamliner in F1 livery A6-BLV has made a slight change to its livery by changing the year from "2020" to "2021", is this considered a new livery now?

                          Can I upload new pictures of the 2021 livery without worrying that they might be considered similar to old shots with 2020 livery?

                          For example, would these 2 be considered "similar"? (They are not my shots, I haven't been able to spot this one yet)

                          https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10187057
                          https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9923382

                          Thanks!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by chengcheng2 View Post
                            I don't have a picture, just a question this time:

                            The EY Dreamliner in F1 livery A6-BLV has made a slight change to its livery by changing the year from "2020" to "2021", is this considered a new livery now?

                            Can I upload new pictures of the 2021 livery without worrying that they might be considered similar to old shots with 2020 livery?

                            For example, would these 2 be considered "similar"? (They are not my shots, I haven't been able to spot this one yet)

                            https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10187057
                            https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9923382

                            Thanks!
                            Not similar, but you may want to note the difference in a note to the screeners when uploading.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X