chengcheng2 - Editing Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chengcheng2 View Post
    Thanks again, I wish I have eyes like that.

I want to ask advice on this pic, it was shot thru a fence, I think the crop eliminates the fence completely but would like a second opinion. (fence is on the right edge of the pic)
    Should be fine.

Also, I have a quick question: I just requested to upload in 1920px wide and got approved with an email saying "Please feel free to upload in sizes up to 1600px wide!"

But on the "Add Photo" page it says I can upload images up to 1920px wide. Can I actually submit 1920px wide photos or should I stick with 1600?
    If the system allows you to upload 1920, go for it. Just be aware acceptance rates for 1920 images are much lower, so don't be surprised if you start getting more rejections.

Comment

Hi, I have a question about the "Photo date" for uploaded pics.

For these 3 pictures:
      A6-BLV. Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

A7-ANN. Airbus A350-1041. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

PH-BKD. Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I actually shot them on Jul 5th and I guess I did not export with the EXIF data and somehow they got tagged to Jun 21st.

Is there any way I can fix this? (like reuploading with EXIF?)

Thanks!

Comment

Hi,

I'm back with a few more questions!

Regarding this reject: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8299566
        I'm a bit lost as of what I should do with this picture. I think it looks rather good. Is it possible to be considered a passable "night shot" photo? Since it is shot near sunset and I did not select that when uploading. If so, should I appeal for it?

Also, I adjusted the brightness of the pic as well. Does this look better?
        Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02441-5.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	942.2 KB
ID:	1095318

Secondly, I recently shot at many new locations and have some questions regarding the crop of the following pics:

Name:	DSC05691.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	702.0 KB
ID:	1095321 3.

Name:	DSC05998.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	676.5 KB
ID:	1095320
        These are at an angle where I have to crop one of the wings but can save the entire other wing. Would this be a reasonable crop? ( I didn't capture the entire left wing in the original pic, does this mean that the picture is basically useless?)

Name:	DSC05647.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	697.9 KB
ID:	1095319

Also, if the answer to the above question is that I have to crop both wings, does this count? It looks horrifying to me.

Thanks again for your time.

Comment

Hi,

I'm back with a few more questions!

Regarding this reject: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8299566
          I'm a bit lost as of what I should do with this picture. I think it looks rather good. Is it possible to be considered a passable "night shot" photo? Since it is shot near sunset and I did not select that when uploading. If so, should I appeal for it?

Also, I adjusted the brightness of the pic as well. Does this look better?
          Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC02441-5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	942.2 KB ID:	1095318

Secondly, I recently shot at many new locations and have some questions regarding the crop of the following pics:

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC05691.jpg Views:	0 Size:	702.0 KB ID:	1095321 3.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC05998.jpg Views:	0 Size:	676.5 KB ID:	1095320
          These are at an angle where I have to crop one of the wings but can save the entire other wing. Would this be a reasonable crop? ( I didn't capture the entire left wing in the original pic, does this mean that the picture is basically useless?)

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC05647.jpg Views:	0 Size:	697.9 KB ID:	1095319

Also, if the answer to the above question is that I have to crop both wings, does this count? It looks horrifying to me.

Thanks again for your time.
          On number one, regarding the rejected one, if you equalize it you will notice halos around the engines and wings. Nothing serious, though. I'd say the re-edit looks good. You can put on screener's comments that you are selecting night shot category if you wish.

On number two and three, they look good, just check for highlights on histogram, to avoid overexposed areas

Number four, if would fall as cutoff for the winglet. Try leaving the entire winglet and part of the left wing fairing. You can post it here

Comment

The LH A359 shows slightly signs of shadows/highlights extra use, too. Careful with those tools

Comment

Originally posted by meneses24 View Post
              The LH A359 shows slightly signs of shadows/highlights extra use, too. Careful with those tools
              Thanks for the reply!

Yeah I learnt my lesson with those tools. I only use the shadow + black/white sliders now since the slightest highlight adjustment creates halos.

I reduced contrast a bit as well to alleviate the halos. Does this look good?

Name:	DSC05647-4.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	653.3 KB
ID:	1095328
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the reply!

Yeah I learnt my lesson with those tools. I only use the shadow + black/white sliders now since the slightest highlight adjustment creates halos.

I reduced contrast a bit as well to alleviate the halos. Does this look good?

Name:	DSC05647-4.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	653.3 KB
ID:	1095328
                Borderline for (low) contrast.

Comment

Hi, can I get some help on the following 5 pics?

1&2: sunset shots of the etihad dreamliner, I am not sure about my processing since the yellow color on yellow plane looks weird to me once I bump up the contrast. If these look bad please let me know how I can fix them.

Name:	DSC04219-2.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	836.5 KB
ID:	1095479
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC06921-7.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.11 MB ID:	1095475

3,4,5:

I'm not sure if they are good photos to upload. These are taken when the sun is completely gone and no direct sunlight. Would these qualify as night shots? If so, could you pre-screen them?
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC06262.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.62 MB ID:	1095476
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC06200-2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.75 MB ID:	1095477
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC06175.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.73 MB ID:	1095478

Once again, thanks for your time and effort!

Comment

Hi, can I get some help on the following 5 pics?

1&2: sunset shots of the etihad dreamliner, I am not sure about my processing since the yellow color on yellow plane looks weird to me once I bump up the contrast. If these look bad please let me know how I can fix them.

Name:	DSC04219-2.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	836.5 KB
ID:	1095479
                    Click image for larger version Name:	DSC06921-7.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.11 MB ID:	1095475

3,4,5:

I'm not sure if they are good photos to upload. These are taken when the sun is completely gone and no direct sunlight. Would these qualify as night shots? If so, could you pre-screen them?
                    Click image for larger version Name:	DSC06262.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.62 MB ID:	1095476
                    Click image for larger version Name:	DSC06200-2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.75 MB ID:	1095477
                    Click image for larger version Name:	DSC06175.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.73 MB ID:	1095478

Once again, thanks for your time and effort!
                    1-2: Great ones, check as usual for dust spots

3-Soft towards nose

4-5Looks good. Is that FLL? Check for horizon references just in case since they are unleveled with the terminal building

Comment

Originally posted by meneses24 View Post

4-5Looks good. Is that FLL? Check for horizon references just in case since they are unleveled with the terminal building
                      Got it, thank you! These are taken at MDW.

Comment

Hi, I have a question regarding this reject:

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I think by looking at the equalized version there's no doubt that it doesn't look good. But I did not add any vignetting or shadows during post-processing, especially if you look at the shape of the "vignette" and the light on the wings. I have no idea why but I guess this is what the light actually looked like during that time. And I don't think it is noticeable on the original picture.

Any chance I can fix this? Or should I just crop in? I really liked this picture

Thanks!

Comment

Hi, I have a question regarding this reject:

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I think by looking at the equalized version there's no doubt that it doesn't look good. But I did not add any vignetting or shadows during post-processing, especially if you look at the shape of the "vignette" and the light on the wings. I have no idea why but I guess this is what the light actually looked like during that time. And I don't think it is noticeable on the original picture.

Any chance I can fix this? Or should I just crop in? I really liked this picture

Thanks!
                          It's vignetting from your lens. Relatively open aperture and long focal length often combine to produce such results.

Comment

Hi, I have a question regrading this reject: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8596716

Obviously this is not an ideal crop since in the original image, the rest of the left wing was blocked (hence the crop).
                            Would something like this be acceptable?

Name:	DSC05816.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	1.81 MB
ID:	1103884

Also, I have another question regrading crop in general. Consider the following image, which crops would be preferred? Thanks a lot!

(This particular pic has already been uploaded to the queue, if its against the rules you can just ignore this question, but I just want general info about the crop, thanks!)

1. Full width, lots of dead space

Name:	DSC07902.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	1103886
                            2. Tight 16:9, tail cut off

Name:	DSC07902-2.jpg
Size:	1.60 MB
ID:	1103885
                            3. Cropped in 4:3 with full tail

Name:	DSC07902-4.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	380.4 KB
ID:	1103887
                            4. Tight 4:3 with part of tail cut offClick image for larger version

Name:	DSC07902-3.jpg
Size:	422.8 KB
ID:	1103888

Comment

Hi, I have a question regrading this reject: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8596716

Obviously this is not an ideal crop since in the original image, the rest of the left wing was blocked (hence the crop).
                              Would something like this be acceptable?
                              Closer cropped image is better than the rejected version.

Comment

Hi, looking for advice about these 2 rejects:
                                1. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8689778

I did not use any vignetting tools, this shadow on the right is caused by the fence i was shooting against. I asked for advice regarding this picture early in this thread (#29, 30, 31) and thought it was okay.

How should I fix this? (Can this be fixed in any way?)

2. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8689775

Would this edit be acceptable?

Name:	DSC07683.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	1104856

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X